Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Well I don't have the time right now to watch both videos and I figured they were both Human since they had all the same transmogs.

And even if they attack first and we are the defending faction for once... so what?
    The alliance is allowed to start some shit. I'm tired of having to explain myself to alliance players: "No we're not evil, all our warchiefs since Thrall are just terrible."
    And heck, even if you consider this "unprovoked" it's a minor blip on the scale of atrocities committed by both factions over the course of 3-4 wars.

Ah... Vol'jin briefly gave me hope.... before he spent an entire expansion doing jack and then dying unceremoniously in combat with a legion grunt.
    I know people hate Thrall because of Cataclysm but c'mon... at least he wasn't a warmongering idiot.
    (inb4 somebody calls him Orc Jezus and I have to correct that to Orc Moses.)

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Well I don't have the time right now to watch both videos and I figured they were both Human since they had all the same transmogs.
    blood elf paladin :P

10+ Year Old Account
    blood elf paladin :P
    Well in the thumbnails all I see is a male riding a horse, in the Horde one the big floating glowing book is blocking his head, so I figured it was the same Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Did you miss the part where the Alliance kills Goblin miners? And the Horde merely defends their miners from Alliance attacks? The Alliance is starting a war here.
    I am going to take the "genius" road and perhaps ask you to WAIT FOR HORDE QUEST-LINE where they likely will do the same to alliance?

I mean we already have a chapter from Golden's coming book where goblin miners are planning to murder Alliance miners for azerite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    This ^

Especially since we only have the Alliance side of things and not the Horde version of these quests.

Much obviousness. Ofcoure OP can't understand

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I am going to take the "genius" road and perhaps ask you to WAIT FOR HORDE QUEST-LINE where they likely will do the same to alliance?

I mean we already have a chapter from Golden's coming book where goblin miners are planning to murder Alliance miners for azerite.

the horde defends itself from the attack of the alliance

Quote Originally Posted by MrDragon View Post
    And even if they attack first and we are the defending faction for once... so what?
    The alliance is allowed to start some shit. I'm tired of having to explain myself to alliance players: "No we're not evil, all our warchiefs since Thrall are just terrible."
    And heck, even if you consider this "unprovoked" it's a minor blip on the scale of atrocities committed by both factions over the course of 3-4 wars.

Ah... Vol'jin briefly gave me hope.... before he spent an entire expansion doing jack and then dying unceremoniously in combat with a legion grunt.
    I know people hate Thrall because of Cataclysm but c'mon... at least he wasn't a warmongering idiot.
    (inb4 somebody calls him Orc Jezus and I have to correct that to Orc Moses.)
    The Horde was literally started by KJ. The first thing the Horde did was try to exterminate the Draenei because KJ said so and then they invaded Azeroth with plans to kill/enslave everyone and take over the planet. But nah the Horde isn't evil :roll_eyes:

Deleted
    the alliance attacks the horde

the horde defends itself from the attacks of the alliance !! the horde does not attack the alliance camp!!

the alliance attacks first, the horde defends itself
    But the Horde will be doing the same thing...? "And if you see any Alliance skulking about, make quick work of them."
    "The Dark Lady has plans for this Azerite stuff"

Yeah why'd you ever want to disrupt what Sylvanas and Goblins are doing? Crazy, warmongering Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But the Horde will be doing the same thing...? "And if you see any Alliance skulking about, make quick work of them."
    "The Dark Lady has plans for this Azerite stuff"

Yeah why'd you ever want to disrupt what Sylvanas and Goblins are doing? Crazy, warmongering Alliance!
    obvious that we are going to fight against the saboteurs of the alliance that attack our camp

Deleted
    obvious that we are going to fight against the saboteurs of the alliance that attack our camp
    Much like how the wars in the battlegrounds didn't magically stop either.
    This is nothing compared to what goes on in the battlegrounds. This is not a smoking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    The Horde was literally started by KJ. The first thing the Horde did was try to exterminate the Draenei because KJ said so and then they invaded Azeroth with plans to kill/enslave everyone and take over the planet. But nah the Horde isn't evil :roll_eyes:
    Wrong Horde. The WC1 and WC2 Horde are not the same Horde as the modern Horde so this argument carries 0 weight.
    It'd be like holding a grudge against modern Germany for WWII.

Also, you yourself already are shifting the blame from the orcs onto Kil'Jaeden who manipulated the once relatively peaceful orc clans who actually shared the planet with the INVASIVE culture of the Eredar (who renamed themselves Dreanai post-TBC lore cockup retcon)

I'm actually defending the Alliance for being, if not justified, at least not unjustly aggressive.

Basic fact: The Horde player characters and majority of NPCs, on the DnD alignment scale, fall into the neutral to good part of the spectrum. Go and level a horde character, see for yourself.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-13 at 06:40 PM.

Deleted
    When sending the Horde player off to Silithis: "And if you see any Alliance skulking about, make quick work of them." - Nathanos Blightcaller

Gosh, the Horde sure goes to Silithus with the best of intentions, doesn't it?

Intention matter just as much, if not more, as whatever side strikes the first blow. Clearly, both Alliance and Horde leadership are at fault here.
    Last edited by mmoc38da5ea66c; 2017-12-13 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentX View Post
    When sending the Horde player off to Silithis: "And if you see any Alliance skulking about, make quick work of them." - Nathanos Blightcaller

Gosh, the Horde sure goes to Silithus with the best of intentions, doesn't it?

Intention matter just as much, if not more, as whatever side strikes the first blow. Clearly, both Alliance and Horde leadership are at fault here.
    the horde does not go to the alliance camp to kill people! the alliance goes to the camp of the horde and kills the goblins!
    if a group of SI:7 assassins enters your camp to destroy your machines and kill your people it is obvious that you are going to attack them

Horde crying because Alliance blew up a few shreeders?How rich.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    the horde does not go to the alliance camp to kill people! the alliance goes to the camp of the horde and kills the goblins!
    if a group of SI:7 assassins enters your camp to destroy your machines and kill your people it is obvious that you are going to attack them
    Someone got a hanking to play the victim card here, it’s okay you can tell us where those mean ol gnomes touched you.
    Honestly thou it’s not like the alliance and horde were ever at peace, so saying the alliance started the war is by bombing afew goblins that were shown already planning on murdering the alliance(it’s already been shown this) is just comical. We already know that sylvanns is up to something and it ain’t a bloodfree recruitment drive in the heart of stormwind.

Murder and sabotage are acts of war.
    If you send agents to kill and sabotage another state, do not complain if after that state declare war and bomb your country
    So what you're saying is the Alliance should have done it sooner? The Horde have absolutely, justifiably had it coming for a very, very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the horde does it its horrible yada yada, and when the Alliance does it is justified. Just par of the course on these forums, if the horde retaliate don't be shocked to see post about how eviiiiiiilllllll the horde is.

While I know I won't change any minds, it should be noted that in the real world, attempting to acquire weapons (specifically nuclear) can in and of itself be construed as an act of war. In the end, this will be painted as each side feels justified they were defending their interests. The alliance will believe they were justified in denying the horde weapons made of Azeroth's blood/Sargeras' blade (an act of political violence), and the horde will believe they are justified because the alliance attacked their mining operation (an act of physical violence).

Who you agree with most likely reflects your personal biases and not what is actually right or wrong - because the reality is they are both right and wrong.

Murder and sabotage are acts of war.
    If you send agents to kill and sabotage another state, do not complain if after that state declare war and bomb your country
    Pretty sure during the cold war the USSR and the US did the same, we never nuked each other though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Me Grimlock View Post
    While I know I won't change any minds, it should be noted that in the real world, attempting to acquire weapons (specifically nuclear) can in and of itself be construed as an act of war. In the end, this will be painted as each side feels justified they were defending their interests. The alliance will believe they were justified in denying the horde weapons made of Azeroth's blood/Sargeras' blade (an act of political violence), and the horde will believe they are justified because the alliance attacked their mining operation (an act of physical violence).

Who you agree with most likely reflects your personal biases and not what is actually right or wrong - because the reality is they are both right and wrong.
    By Thrall's balls! A nuanced point of view!
    Now if we can all stop trying to play the victim card or the "but they are evil" card or w/e and just agree whether you like Faction-War in Warcraft or at this point are sick of the faction conflict: Blizzard will find ways to have Horde and Alliance bash each other's skulls in and make it seem justified from both view points.