Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    The charges didn't come until AFTER the protests.
    He said inaction, not charges. It takes investigation before charges are usually filed.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He said inaction, not charges. It takes investigation before charges are usually filed.
    Sorry but you are wrong, YET AGAIN on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Sorry but you are wrong, YET AGAIN on an issue.
    Because you said so lol, not wasting anymore time with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I wonder where the police brutality activists, that are supposedly about all races and not one
    Probably donating to the murder's defence fund.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Arizona Bay (Chronosynclastic Infundibulum)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I've always figured that for the Trevon Martin/Eric Garner/Etc incidents, the truth was somewhere in the middle, that neither the cops nor the victim were totally in the right or wrong.
    Well, luckily video shows us the truth in a lot of these cases. An example that you mentioned, comes to mind. Eric Garner being strangled for a lose cigarette. But apparently, the truth is still out there somewhere....

I would be inclined to agree with you in the cases where there is no video evidence, though.

It depends what "investigation" you're talking about here. Every police shooting has a follow up investigation done by their own department (which is a joke in and of itself). Most cops usually get paid vacation after they're involved in a shooting.

Regarding the protests, they happened almost immediately after Grey's death, and only grew in scale as the media acknowledged their presence. It spread through social media like wildfire, especially after the whole Mike Brown case.

As far as the officers involved being charged without the protests or media attention, I wouldn't see that happening. "Ruff rides" have been going on for a very long time in police departments, with little to no consequences for the officers who use the tactic. In fact, most cases just end up in law suits, which is our tax payer money !

ex:
    A 2001 investigation by The Philadelphia Inquirer documented twenty people injured in rough rides in Philadelphia.[4] Three suffered spinal injuries, and two were paralyzed.[4] As of 2001, courts had awarded $2.3 million in legal settlements resulting from these cases, but no officer had ever been disciplined for the practice.[4] Philadelphia began to introduce vans with padding and safety restraints in December 2000
    You're fooling yourself if you think this Greys case would have been any different from these, if the protests didn't take place.
    "....but the Universe is an awfully big place. There is room enough for an awful lot of people to be right about things and still not agree...."

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    A witness and a transcription of officer video footage describe Daniel Shaver saying “Please don’t shoot me” and “Please don’t shoot,” just before an officer later identified as Philip "Mitch" Brailsford fired his service weapon.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...life/82393582/

So can we call a bad cop a bad cop yet? Or is calling one bad cop out still a slander against ALL of them?
    I put most of the blame at the Sargent shouting retarded orders escalating the situation, he should be charged with murder.

But the cop who pulled the trigger was found not guilty. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/opinio...ano/index.html

Deleted
    LuL what a garbage nation are the States nowdays?

Infracted - nation bashing
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-14 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of your feelings towards cops, them just being able to carry out summary executions is pretty fucking grim.

7+ Year Old Account
    watching the shoulder cam video was hella upsetting. the cop shouting orders is a total fucking moron, giving conflicting instructions cos his own grasp of english is so shit.
    why the fuck did they not just walk over to him and cuff him while he was facedown on the ground with his hands extended? why the retarded charade with screaming at the poor cunt?
    and then the shooter was found not guilty... fucking stupid nation

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    watching the shoulder cam video was hella upsetting. the cop shouting orders is a total fucking moron, giving conflicting instructions cos his own grasp of english is so shit.
    why the fuck did they not just walk over to him and cuff him while he was facedown on the ground with his hands extended? why the retarded charade with screaming at the poor cunt?
    and then the shooter was found not guilty... fucking stupid nation
    A lot of cops are bottom of the barrel material - jock rejects who couldnt find gainful employment in a better industry. When issued a blanket license for violence, and a weapon to enforce it with, they do the only thing they can - take advantage of that.

Hero worship of the police profession by society is also to blame. Most of them are not heroes - they are ordinary people who hide their cowardice behind weapons. That's why most of them are so trigger happy - they are scared for their lives so much that they open fire without a second thought, valuing it over that of possibly innocent people caught on the other end of the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    That's why most of them are so trigger happy
    Most of them? a million cops or so in the us, if anything it's only a very small % who does these kind of things.

OT fucked up, the guy barking orders needs to make up his mind.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I put most of the blame at the Sargent shouting retarded orders escalating the situation, he should be charged with murder.

But the cop who pulled the trigger was found not guilty. http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/11/opinio...ano/index.html
    I agree with you. The sergeant should be found culpable in this instance, as rather than trying to deescalate, his actions escalated the situation, threatening the man's life, and giving him really stupid orders (I believe there are other LE and former LE officers that state he didn't handle this situation well at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    Another pig gets off for basically legalized murder

Saw the video... beyond fucking appalling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Most of them? a million cops or so in the us, if anything it's only a very small % who does these kind of things.
    And all the others who support them in doing these kind of things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_wall_of_silence

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    The cop looks like a 10yr old boy covered in tattoos.

Why am I not surprised.

this was on reddit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Makes you wonder whether people actually even think white lives matter.
    I mean all of us against police brutality, take issue with this incident, so I guess your statement is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I mean all of us against police brutality, take issue with this incident, so I guess your statement is bullshit.
    Weird comment for you to pick out in a thread bumped from a year ago. Does anyone remember white people's names who were killed by police? You're more likely to remember a black person's name who was killed by police. No, my statement is not "bullshit".

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Weird comment for you to pick out in a thread bumped from a year ago. Does anyone remember white people's names who were killed by police? You're more likely to remember a black person's name who was killed by police. No, my statement is not "bullshit".
    Didn't realize this was an old thread. Just because the media hypes up the incidents when the victims are black, doesn't mean people think white lives don't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.