Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Yet another insane cash grab - $100 RNG mount crate!

EDIT: Well done guys! Again, people's opinions have been heard and the crate has been removed.

Orphiel's Mount Crate was released in today's patch, and will be available from now to December 31st.

It costs $100 and contains one random mount, which is tradeable.

This is a degree of insanity that not even the $250/$100 of the last patch or the intel caches can match.

inb4 shrills going you don't have to buy anything!
    Last edited by Darkdaemon; 2017-12-14 at 08:06 PM.

This is why WoW should not go f2p, this is bullshit

Would anyone really pay 100 bucks for anything in Rift at this point? I'm surprised that game is still up.

Oh Rift, how much have you fallen, to think you were the only MMO were i actually bought gold from a site

lmao 100$ for a mount and there's forty fucking two of them? so if you're a collector it's basically hand over 4200$ and then trade your dupelicates with other people with more money than sense.

$100 for a single mount?! For that price I would expect a hell of a lot more than a single mount.

Deleted
    Never played rift and never will, but this is the highest single prized item I have seen so far in a game - though I heard that a certain shooter has even more ridiculous real money items to gain.

Nonetheless, I guess as long as it does not influence the gameplay or balance it is kind of fine. My bet would be that more and more games would adapt something like this if it proves to be a success for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lmao 100$ for a mount and there's forty fucking two of them? so if you're a collector it's basically hand over 4200$ and then trade your dupelicates with other people with more money than sense.
    Keep in mind that these are old, not new mounts. Many of them are very common. It doesn't check what you have.

Sigh they just can't fucking help themselves can they?

I get this one is cosmetic but 100 dollars for 1 mount out of 42?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Never played rift and never will, but this is the highest single prized item I have seen so far in a game - though I heard that a certain shooter has even more ridiculous real money items to gain.

Nonetheless, I guess as long as it does not influence the gameplay or balance it is kind of fine. My bet would be that more and more games would adapt something like this if it proves to be a success for others.
    There is higher mate. Full sets of raid gear go for like £150-250. A recent P2W pack introduced was £189.99 if I recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdaemon View Post
    GW2:

This is $5
    That's just as bad because it's a lootbox essentially.

That's got to be an error, either a misplaced decimal or them including the wrong tooltip for the lockbox or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's got to be an error, either a misplaced decimal or them including the wrong tooltip for the lockbox or something.
    I'd assume so but if it isn't then ooooh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Odds are even if it isn’t then they’ll say it is and price it at $9.99... which is still a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Odds are even if it isn’t then they’ll say it is and price it at $9.99... which is still a bit much.
    Eh, $10 for a RNG mount crate isn't too bad. Seems largely in-line with most mount/lockbox pricing in games, even if it may be a bit on the higher end. Not that I like RNG lockboxes, but that would be pricing in-line with current market standards from what I've seen.

100 for a mount is nothing though.. back in the day I bought two spectral tigers for 500 each.. one for me and one for my GF.

10+ Year Old Account
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    100 for a mount is nothing though.. back in the day I bought two spectral tigers for 500 each.. one for me and one for my GF.
    Yes because 2 mounts that are very coveted and no longer sold in the TCG are comparable to a 1 in 42 chance of a guaranteed one yes?

So yes when it's 1 guaranteed mount out of 42 100 dollars is a lot. However I imagine it's a pricing error.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The worst part about this insane cash grab is how they force people to buy it... oh wait.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

They only do it because some people apparently think it's a good deal and buy it. I personally wouldn't, and I don't care for that type of thing, but in the end... it's consumers that are making that happen. Saying "inb4..." doesn't make it wrong.

To be honest until we get some more info I'm saying that it was meant to have been $9.99.

No way are Trion THAT stupid.