Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think they need to be honest and admit it is because they do not see him as a long term investment, HIV still has the stigma of being a death sentence and this will not change until people become aware of the new treatments that extend their lives to near that of the average person.

I don't associate with HIV+ people. Shun them!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I don't associate with HIV+ people. Shun them!
    How do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    WTF, is he expected to share his blood or semen with people while piloting? Because that's literally the only rationale for such a rule.
    They don't want anyone eating the pilot if the plane crashes in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    How do you know?
    Their beady little eyes!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    So is the medication today 100% effective? Such that the medication won't stop working because he has to increase the amount, or that he forgets the medication one day and as a result catch ill?
    You have to keep taking the meds daily it seems but it wouldn’t be miss a single day and your screwed.

Deleted
    I think with the steps that has been taken over the years to combat HIV, I'd think that such a rule might be outdated. Granted I am not a medical expert, and don't actually know enough about HIV to say that with any confidence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Usually by if they are willing to have sex with me or not.
    I don't understand

Deleted
    Silly rule. HIV if treated is not even transmittable anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ætherknight View Post
    He is HIV+, on successful treatment, and does not exhibit AIDS, therefor his immune system is fine. Living HIV+ today is much different than in the past, and successful early treatment leaves your immune system intact.
    And they have no way of knowing that treatment stays current and in place.

Its the same reason they don't allow people with diabetes. Unless they are literally spying on you, they don't know you are regulating your ailment (and they have no right to know/pry into that information)... If left untreated (in the case of HIV, immune compromised and causing other ailments), these diseases could, you know, cause a loss of consciousness and a plane crash or something of that sort...

Pretty sure this rule is intended to prevent people from becoming a pilot who have an illness or condition that could cause them to become incapacitated while flying.

I'm fine with that policy, provided a doctor can attest to HIV potentially causing someone to be incapacitated. If not, then it shouldn't be on the list of conditions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Ur all fucking morons,

commercial flights are the most incredible, pleasurable casual fuck bdsm experiences in the universe. Not only is it imperative to keep the HIV out (would ruin it for everyone if the flight attendants have to inquire about positivitiy before bj'ing because there's nothing like being suddenly sucked into intercourse at whim) but it should be absolutely lawful to bar HIV positives from this paradise.

Thankfully, they'll find a way to preserve the bar, the eden, and get rid of your digustingly sjw meddling attempts to ruin another blessing in life.

EDIT: Or, of course, provide a small glass demo case of PC for you to stare at so you can move on, where those poor unfortunate souls forced to be near that garbage blood wither away while the rest of us continue to enjoy our lives in ways you only think are lies because they're found in novels you can't turn away from but deny the possibility about.

Infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2017-12-14 at 11:44 PM.

But...some people told me that having HIV is not a big deal and you could lead a normal life....

Bottom line is HIV is very serious.

That is why these rules are in place to protect not only passengers but the pilots too.

Most people don't realize that HIV+ people are still at greater risk than others. Yes, its treatable now than it was in the past. But it doesn't mean the person who has it is 100% tracked for their status. Some people won't take treatment, or be on track of current, or new treatments. Which they believe is a hazard to passengers.

Yes, HIV+ can be worked with. but the jobs and employment leaders are not held responsible to track their employees' health. HIV+ can cause so many issues for the pilot. Even sicknesses could end up render him unable to continue the flight. This ruling is in place protect its passangers, and the pilots themselves. Does it suck? Yes. But is it needed? Clearly the Airport management believes so.
    [Insert Infraction Here]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    But...some people told me that having HIV is not a big deal and you could lead a normal life....

Bottom line is HIV is very serious.

That is why these rules are in place to protect not only passengers but the pilots too.
    It's a lifelong condition manageable with medication

It isn't 1985

Deleted
    It's a lifelong condition manageable with medication

It isn't 1985
    So is diabetes
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-12-14 at 05:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So is diabetis
    Diabetes and HIV+ are different besides it's only Type 1 Diabetes that's banned. Regarding this ruling we will have to see whether or not it's deemed outdated (I suspect it will)

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    WTF, is he expected to share his blood or semen with people while piloting? Because that's literally the only rationale for such a rule.
    mile high club... duh... /s
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Diabetes and HIV+ are different besides it's only Type 1 Diabetes that's banned.

Uhu... and..? Both fuck you up if you don't take your medicine.

HIV medicine has side effects, and you are more likely to get a stroke and all that shit.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-12-14 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Uhu... and..? Both fuck you up if you don't take your medicine.
    So does other illnesses not banned