Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Probably why I asked? But if you cant even give out a answer without stumbling over your own ego at someone else's "ridiculous statement" then dont bother. I never even mentioned breath of the wild. It doesnt interest me like Xeno does. Otherwise I would have asked about BOTW

I guess what they say about nintendo fans is true, cant even ask a question without incurring the fans wrath.

- - - Updated - - -

Ohok, I watched videos on youtube of the combat and it looked real time just mashing a big sword at something.
    LOL tech a nintendo fan boy, rich with butter

anyway combat is that your character auto attacks and you have 3 arts you can use. You do extra damage if you time them with your auto and you can have 3 blades so 9 arts total. Each art has other effects too like knockdowns or healing which combo into other effects.

It gets quite deep adding chain attacks, specials, blade combos etc etc
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    LOL tech a nintendo fan boy, rich with butter

anyway combat is that your character auto attacks and you have 3 arts you can use. You do extra damage if you time them with your auto and you can have 3 blades so 9 arts total. Each art has other effects too like knockdowns or healing which combo into other effects.

It gets quite deep adding chain attacks, specials, blade combos etc etc
    Well his instant assumption I was comparing it to a zelda game game just because he had mentioned it in his post sent off alarm bells.

Im interested in the game but I dont own a switch yet so its quite a jump getting a console just for one game so wanted someones opinion on the game whos played it a lot.

Combat sounds interesting! glad theres depth. Is the game hard on highest diff? Challenging game overall?

There is only one difficulty. I don't think the game is hard nor easy. I think getting combat to work like it's suppose to is the hard part as with 3 blades per character it can get overwhelming it's also practically impossible to over level on purpose as you spend your exp at an inn

Well his instant assumption I was comparing it to a zelda game game just because he had mentioned it in his post sent off alarm bells.
    Your comment was literal bait and now you're trying to save face like it was an actual question and you're interested in the game. Let's recap you basically said "lol game looks like trash like FFXV". No need to sugar coat it, I don't really care. If you legitimately cared about asking a question about the game you wouldn't be throwing shade at it in the same comment.

The fact you called me a "nintendo fan boy" while I was directly taking a shot at a Nintendo game in BoTW is hilarious.

Combat sounds interesting! glad theres depth. Is the game hard on highest diff? Challenging game overall?
    Let me guess, you have interest if it's "The Dark Souls of Xeno Games"?

Game is not hard if the combat system clicks with you. Game is actually pretty easy if it does and you exploit what the game gives you to your advantage. The only way to legitimately make the game hard is to either be oblivious to mechanics or place false limitations on yourself. As with every Xenoblade game the real challenge will be in the end game, not the main story and main story's side quests.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-13 at 02:04 AM.

Alright folks, there's no need to be rude to others who ask questions, no matter what you think of the question or the response. Stay fluffy and we can all have a nice discussion, thanks.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    question. When you do a chain attack to break orbs, is there an efficient way to break them? Also just got the 4th party member, any tips for this person?
    Just be sure to start out with an orb you can target twice (aka have its opposite in your group twice, you'll always have a duplicate element in your party at this point unless you deliberately leave a blade slot empty).

An orb's opposite element will target that specific orb and break it in two attacks, so you break a specific orb using two characters, while the third character starts on another orb, which they can then finish in the next round while the other two characters work on other orbs, at which point it's easy to ride the chain attack out until all orbs are broken or the full burst attack starts.

I figured it out. My problem was thinking earth and wind were opposites but they aren't cause its 2017 and wind is opposite to ice now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Not sure its going to make 14m by march 3rd though.
    Christmas prime season is just upon us. I'm sure few million Switches will be sold before the end of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

I figured it out. My problem was thinking earth and wind were opposites but they aren't cause its 2017 and wind is opposite to ice now
    Flying (Wind) is immune to Ground (Earth). Ice beats both Flying (Wind) and Ground (Earth).

How well would this Pokémon logic carry me in Xenoblade?

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a fantastic game, rough around the edges but the combat is simply amazing! I've sunk 62 hours in already since release day and that's with me being busy at work.

It's a fun game, definitely - my only complaints are that I like the designs, motives and personalities of the main antagonists far more than those of the protagonists. Some of the humour/tropes are a little off-putting, too...as is the low number of male blades compared to their female counterparts. Other than that, though, it's a solid JRPG and I feel like I got my money's worth from it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Christmas prime season is just upon us. I'm sure few million Switches will be sold before the end of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying (Wind) is immune to Ground (Earth). Ice beats both Flying (Wind) and Ground (Earth).

How well would this Pokémon logic carry me in Xenoblade?
    Pokémon logic only gets you halfway, water is strong against fire but fire is also strong against water. Earth is good against lightning but lightning is also good against earth. Same with light/dark and ice/wind, it's just couples of elements that are eachother's opposites in XC2.

Anyway, XC2's definitely one of my favorite games of the year, love it despite its flaws and i still think it was rushed to be released in the Switch's first year.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a God
    pressing the X button will immediately bring you to the map of the area you’re currently in, on the Skip Travel screen;
    improvements will be made to the mini-map overlay (by pressing the L stick), improving the visibility of your surroundings

Just wanted to chime in and say I bought a Switch. I have a PS4 pro, and I really like Persona 5 and Horizon, but don't play it that much. WoW is more convenient and I don't have to go to the TV or change inputs to play it.

The reason I got a switch is 2 fold.

1. Bayonetta 2 is being released on Switch and I have been wanting to play that game badly for years. I already own it on Wii-U but I've never owned a Wii-U, lol. Despite not having played it, I did play the first one and I played the travesty that won GotY the year Bey 2 came out and I feel it got robbed.
    2. I like the fact that I can play the Switch in my bed before I go to sleep. Currently I read my kindle, but I'd like to throw some gaming in the mix. No need to hunt down a TV or change inputs on my monitor or even set upright.

I'm excited, with the switch, Mario, Zelda, and pro controller I spent about 500 bucks. Can't wait.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Can't wait for GotY and one of the highest rated games of all time, BotW and runner up in both categories Mario Odyssey. Nintendo could not be doing better software-wise.

Oh no

They are adding new game plus next year

Goodbye world

7+ Year Old Account
    My dearest wife surprised me by getting me Stardew Valley, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Shovel Knight, and the expansion pass for BotW... I just finished getting 880 moons in Odyssey, and I'm not quite sure where to begin with the new goodies.

#firstworldproblems

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no

They are adding new game plus next year

Goodbye world
    For xenoblade?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    For xenoblade?
    That's correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    There is a God
    pressing the X button will immediately bring you to the map of the area you’re currently in, on the Skip Travel screen;
    improvements will be made to the mini-map overlay (by pressing the L stick), improving the visibility of your surroundings
    This skip travel function should have been in the game from the start. The firstgame had it by pressing either the plus or minus button, and it kept annoying me when it wasn't.

It wasn't anything major, but it was still annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's a link to translations from the Xenoblade developer's notes which detail patch 1.1.1 and various future improvements.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6472-xe...feature-teased

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/NomComms/status/940963737871306752

Arcade Archives Vs. Super Mario Bros. coming on the 21st.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    This skip travel function should have been in the game from the start. The firstgame had it by pressing either the plus or minus button, and it kept annoying me when it wasn't.

It wasn't anything major, but it was still annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, here's a link to translations from the Xenoblade developer's notes which detail patch 1.1.1 and various future improvements.

https://www.rpgsite.net/news/6472-xe...feature-teased

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/NomComms/status/940963737871306752

Arcade Archives Vs. Super Mario Bros. coming on the 21st.
    I know it was in the original, but it's pretty clear this game needed another 6 months or so. Also i don't think tiger triger needed an easy mode, i think thry should have increased the rewards because spamming level 1 is easy, but you still only get maybe 500. I'm just using Morag to tank

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I know it was in the original, but it's pretty clear this game needed another 6 months or so. Also i don't think tiger triger needed an easy mode, i think thry should have increased the rewards because spamming level 1 is easy, but you still only get maybe 500. I'm just using Morag to tank
    Are you crystallizing what you are earning from Tiger Tiger, but don't need? You can get a shit ton of ether crystals from it.