Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    WoW TCG mounts says hi, especially the swift spectral tiger.

if you could buy one for 100$, you could sell it for 10m gold on EU at least, which in turn is like 37? months of gametime 37 months for 100$ thats under 3$ a month.

now you see why that mount is much much more than 100$.

here is a list https://www.wowtcgloot.com/cheapest.htm?category=mounts of WoW tcg mounts. For 100$ you can like look at the mount i guess? lol
    Please point to me where Blizzard is selling a chance at this mount directly on their store. If you want to be technical about it, people are actually paying that for a rare card and the mount is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    100 for a mount is nothing though.. back in the day I bought two spectral tigers for 500 each.. one for me and one for my GF.
    This was also done on a game 500x more popular and where once wow accounts were worth more than credit cards (common to see $5k for accounts)

Does Rift have whales that eat this stuff up? I can't see why else they'd price this so high.

he said there are no mounts in any games worth 100$, i didn't say blizzard was selling them or blizzard priced them i'm simply pointing out mounts clearly worth more than 100$
    Because the demand for them is very rare due to the TCG packs not being produced anymore.

The mounts in this 100 dollar package can be obtained in game for the most part and it's a stupid price for 1 mount out of 42.

Deleted
    Oh come on, this is a joke, right?

I mean, it has to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Please point to me where Blizzard is selling a chance at this mount directly on their store. If you want to be technical about it, people are actually paying that for a rare card and the mount is a bonus.
    more reading comprehension issues? you clearly said

"There's not a mount in existence in any game worth $100"

i argued THAT point only, where did i argue about chance or a store or a card?

you're making up my post entirely and arguing a point a never argued.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because the demand for them is very rare due to the TCG packs not being produced anymore.

The mounts in this 100 dollar package can be obtained in game for the most part and it's a stupid price for 1 mount out of 42.
    i know exactly how both worked i never said otherwise i simply argued one point "There's not a mount in existence in any game worth $100" which is false.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the obligatory Slipmat post saying how this is completely optional so there's nothing to be concerned about or discuss?

--OT: this is fucking despicable. Trion, what devil hast thou sould thine soul to?
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Are they trying to become relevant again by outdoing Battlefront 2?

RIFT should never have gone Free to Play, I was a regular player until it did.

more reading comprehension issues? you clearly said

i argued THAT point only, where did i argue about chance or a store or a card?

you're making up my post entirely and arguing a point a never argued.
    My claim is true. These are cards you're paying for, without the cards there are no mounts. Hence the whole Trading Card Game abbreviation you used. Not like it's uncommon for rare cards to go for incredible amounts of money. But, I think your criticism is fair. My statement wasn't as accurate as it could be. It doesn't change the spirit of the comment. Since you want to split hairs about my comment, I'll sharply redefine it for you.

There is no mount in either Rift or WoW that is sold directly by the developers to the players on their store that is worth $100. Nor should a mount ever be valued at that steep of a price, currently in Rift that would be more than two times the cost to unlock all of the souls and callings available on live.

My claim is true. These are cards you're paying for, without the cards there are no mounts. Hence the whole Trading Card Game abbreviation you used. Not like it's uncommon for rare cards to go for incredible amounts of money. But, I think your criticism is fair. My statement wasn't as accurate as it could be. It doesn't change the spirit of the comment. Since you want to split hairs about my comment, I'll sharply redefine it for you.
    actually these cards are worth nothing without the mounts on them, you think people are going to pay 1500$ for a spectral tiger card with the code scratched therefore no mounts?

nope, not a chance in hell, 99% of the value of that card is all in the code that gets you the two spectral tiger mounts, that is then reflected in game in the insane price of the mounts, but yeah changing your statement to say no mount in a direct sale fits, since blizzard only charges around 20-25$.

actually these cards are worth nothing without the mounts on them, you think people are going to pay 1500$ for a spectral tiger card with the code scratched therefore no mounts?

nope, not a chance in hell, 99% of the value of that card is all in the code that gets you the two spectral tiger mounts, that is then reflected in game in the insane price of the mounts, but yeah changing your statement to say no mount in a direct sale fits, since blizzard only charges around 20-25$.
    To go slightly off topic here but you'd be surprised when it comes to TCG games mate.

I remember a Black Lotus MTG card selling for around $25,000.

People estimate the Illustrator Pikachu Pokemon card to go at $50000-100000 depending on condition. I'm still trying to get hold of one.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-14 at 01:27 AM.

Doesn't matter if the mount gives it the value, you're paying for a card after everything is said and done. Who's to say there aren't people collecting the WoW TCG cards and are willing to pay that much for them? We've see Pokemon cards go for far more and they have no mount loot, they're just cards. Of course, this conversation would be easier and less absurd as a whole if we weren't nitpicking for the sake of an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    100 for a mount is nothing though.. back in the day I bought two spectral tigers for 500 each.. one for me and one for my GF.
    OT question, where is that girlfriend now?

On topic, it has got to be a mistake.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To go slightly off topic here but you'd be surprised when it comes to TCG games mate.

I remember a Black Lotus MTG card selling for around $25,000.

People estimate the Illustrator Pikachu Pokemon card to go at $50000-100000 depending on condition. I'm still trying to get hold of one.
    i know that already i was just talking about the WoW TCG cards specifically and mostly the spectral tiger one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    OT question, where is that girlfriend now?

On topic, it has got to be a mistake.
    Well judging by that CM response I posted from Reddit either they were uninformed or they made it sound like it was intentional.

If it was because they were not informed it was a mistake then they shouldn't have posted with such an attitude.

If it turns out that price is correct then ironically the same situation as above applies.

So that CM has got themselves into a no win situation here.

Doesn't matter if the mount gives it the value, you're paying for a card after everything is said and done. Who's to say there aren't people collecting the WoW TCG cards and are willing to pay that much for them? We've see Pokemon cards go for far more and they have no mount loot, they're just cards. Of course, this conversation would be easier and less absurd as a whole if we weren't nitpicking for the sake of an argument.
    you can buy the card with the code already scratched for probably 1% of the price.

and nitpicking? that's you're entire argument changing what you said because i said you we're wrong.

would of been easier to say oh yeah im wrong mounts do go for way more than 100$, but hey it's the internet lets try win an argument even if im wrong in the first place maybe i'll get some brownie points.

you can buy the card with the code already scratched for probably 1% of the price.

and nitpicking? that's you're entire argument changing what you said because i said you we're wrong.

would of been easier to say oh yeah im wrong mounts do go for way more than 100$, but hey it's the internet lets try win an argument even if im wrong in the first place maybe i'll get some brownie points.
    This made me chuckle. It was cute, I'll admit.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing now? I guess you're going to just ignore the fact that your first comment was nitpicking to begin with, but hey. That's okay, you can keep your precious brownie points. I'm not particularly worried about them sweetie. If you want to have a more honest conversation about mount pricing, my doors are open.

This made me chuckle. It was cute, I'll admit.

Isn't that exactly what you're doing now? I guess you're going to just ignore the fact that your first comment was nitpicking to begin with, but hey. That's okay, you can keep your precious brownie points. I'm not particularly worried about them sweetie. If you want to have a more honest conversation about mount pricing, my doors are open.
    nitpicking? no

pretty straight forward right there, you went wide and far no mount no game in existence.

why didn't you say you only wanted to discuss store sold mounts, this is 2017 there are many more ways to obtain mounts than just buying straight from the company and you know that.

This is what Rift is now?
    I played the hell out of it from Day 1 for a few months. A+ game at the time.

nitpicking? no

pretty straight forward right there, you went wide and far no mount no game in existence.

why didn't you say you only wanted to discuss store sold mounts, this is 2017 there are many more ways to obtain mounts than just buying straight from the company and you know that.
    I'm sorry, I thought the thread and the OP set a context that made it clear that we were talking game companies selling mounts directly to their players. You were the one who left the context to try to prove a point, I suspect you know that though.

Actually, as far as I can tell from a bit of digging, in this context set by the thread and the OP, my claim is still accurate. I cannot find a dev outside of Trion that sells mounts directly to their players in-game for that much, though if you can find them I'd be interested to know who else is selling mounts directly to their players for that much.