Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    So horrible there were three of them in world first Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    and one of them is just ilvl 951

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    /thread

everytime rogues whine about their dps, they ignore their fucking tier 1 survival and soaking abilities like it's nothing.

if you want top dps go reroll each patch, if you want a 100% raid spot, keep playing your rogue and play it like a damn team player carrying the raid with soaks and survival.

There's two rogues in the logs you list, one beat the BM and frost mage

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    /thread

everytime rogues whine about their dps, they ignore their fucking tier 1 survival and soaking abilities like it's nothing.

if you want top dps go reroll each patch, if you want a 100% raid spot, keep playing your rogue and play it like a damn team player carrying the raid with soaks and survival.
    Tell me this. Why are rogues literally the only class paying a utility tax? That was supposedly removed at the end of burning crusade? Why should our dps suffer so bad that by around 950 to 960 ilvl there won't be a class that can't beat us? Especially when as a rogue we can't tank or heal.

I don't want to guarantee top meters every tier, but when in a few weeks literally rogue will be the worst parsing class no matter what spec you roll, there is an issue.
    Last edited by AceofH; 2017-12-14 at 01:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Tell me this. Why are rogues literally the only class paying a utility tax? That was supposedly removed at the end of burning crusade? Why should our dps suffer so bad that by around 950 to 960 ilvl there won't be a class that can't beat us? Especially when as a rogue we can't tank or heal.

I don't want to guarantee top meters every tier, but when in a few weeks literally rogue will be the worst parsing class no matter what spec you roll, there is an issue.
    i'd feel sorry for you but at near the end of tier bosses like helya, gul'dan, KJ, avatar, maiden, elemental shaman was dead bottom of the meters apart from kills where it tried to pad like crazy on adds(which wasn't needed warriors could basically do the same but 40% more single target damage) but was guaranteed last on single target and the utility it brings? ZERO i'd love to be last on those bosses and actually be useful to the raid!

i'd feel sorry for you but at near the end of tier bosses like helya, gul'dan, KJ, avatar, maiden, elemental shaman was dead bottom of the meters apart from kills where it tried to pad like crazy on adds(which wasn't needed warriors could basically do the same but 40% more single target damage) but was guaranteed last on single target and the utility it brings? ZERO i'd love to be last on those bosses and actually be useful to the raid!
    And yet you have to entire other specs. Meanwhile at the end of this tier rogues across the board are going to be bottom no matter what spec. There won't be w class that can't beat us.

And yet you have to entire other specs. Meanwhile at the end of this tier rogues across the board are going to be bottom no matter what spec. There won't be w class that can't beat us.
    well method killed argus with 3 rogues, 1 rsham 0 ele 0 enhance, rogues are good enough for 11/11mythic stop worrying about your dps if you're sat because of your dps your raid team is shit find a guild who can appreciate a good rogue and not just where ppl place on the meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont get his point.

His point and the OP point is:

"i rolled a pure dps class, so i should be always at top the dps no matter what the gods throw at me, if want utility, i would have rolled a hybrid lol!11!"

I bet players like him would be outstanding happy if blizz removed feint and cloak and just increased the dps high enough to just top the metters, so he could tell his RL to gtfo and let him do his job that is nothing but tunnel vision the boss.

Lets say blizzard do that, i think right next he would post complaining some bs like: omg, blizzard removed all our utility and all we do now is dmg, why bring a rogue over X class if they can do the almost the same dps as a rogue but have utility!?

Wtf blizz!? That's it bois, time to reroll!"

Sigh, when people will grow up and be able to see through dmg metters and start to see that what is important is what kind of player you are, how respectful you are to others and how well you can do the mechanics and contribute to the boss kill instead of "lololol luke my dmg im the leetzor u guys all sucks , im inreplaceable! kkthxbb"

Meh sorry for the little rant.

/thread

Why are Rogues paying for a hybrid tax when hybrids don't pay for it anymore?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

And unlike other pure DPS specs all three Rogues are melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    You dont get his point.

"i rolled a pure dps class, so i should be always at top the dps no matter what the gods throw at me, if want utility, i would have rolled a hybrid lol!11!"

I bet players like him would be outstanding happy if blizz removed feint and cloak and just increased the dps high enough to just top the metters, so he could tell his RL to gtfo and let him do his job that is nothing but tunnel vision the boss.

Lets say blizzard do that, i think right next he would post complaining some bs like: omg, blizzard removed all our utility and all we do now is dmg, why bring a rogue over X class if they can do the almost the same dps as a rogue but have utility!?

Sigh, when people will grow up and be able to see through dmg metters and start to see that what is important is what kind of player you are, how respectful you are to others and how well you can do the mechanics and contribute to the boss kill instead of "lololol luke my dmg im the leetzor u guys all sucks , im inreplaceable! kkthxbb"

Rogues had utility in BC and they didn't pay for a hybrid tax. But Rogues were a top tier DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    You dont get his point.

No. I don't need to be top dps, but when the entire class is going to be bottom of the barrel something is wrong. The hybrid tax/ utility tax was removed at the end of burning crusade, so why are rogues paying one now? By blizzards own admission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tfw you main Outlaw and look at the chart....

*sniff*
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

A lot of fights do have target swapping, and I know Assassination doesn't like that much.

I don't really want a flat 10% buff to each spec because all that will do is cause everyone else to cry about rogue buffs. What I do want Blizz to do however is to address stat scaling for the next expansion. Idk what happened, but haste used to be a sought after stat for all three rogue specs before WoD. Now, it is the worst by far for two of the specs and meh for the other. Blizz needs to address this, especially since they appear to be removing primaries from more and more pieces of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    What I do want Blizz to do however is to address stat scaling for the next expansion. Idk what happened, but haste used to be a sought after stat for all three rogue specs before WoD. Now, it is the worst by far for two of the specs and meh for the other. Blizz needs to address this, especially since they appear to be removing primaries from more and more pieces of gear.
    Setting aside Outlaw (which still values haste decently), haste started to become trash in WoD and then it really took a dive in Legion. The first thing they did was make haste give CDR or some other additional value for almost every other class, thus they had to reduce the rating conversion to bring its power level more in line with other stats. Because rogues don't get any additional benefit from haste, this meant the value of haste for us was basically cut in half overnight. The second thing they did was move our damage away from white hits with the removal of SnD, which I think was a good thing for gameplay, but our white damage scaled very well with haste while our abilities do not at all.

They could fix it pretty easily. Make our bleeds and poisons scale with haste just like other dots do. By not scaling with haste, we just lose out on an additional multiplier for no good reason. That's part of why our scaling is so poor.

Additionally, make haste reduce the cooldown on Symbols of Death. Because we do most of our damage during SoD and we don't run out of energy during this period (if you pool correctly or run SF) and thus don't benefit from the additional energy regen haste gives, haste increases the bulk of sub's damage by nothing outside of a few additional autos. If the CD of SoD were to be reduced by haste, 20% haste would actually make us do ~20% more damage because we could do our burst 20% more often.

They also need to address weapon damage vs pure AP scaling, especially for mut, but all 3 specs suffer from this now that finishers are such a large percentage of our damage (which I think is a good thing for gameplay; it just creates a scaling issue). Weapon damage really outpaces AP after a few tiers, especially this xpac with our heavily inflated weapon ilvl. Personally, I think they should make everything every melee does scale off weapon damage (still increased by AP as it is currently). They could go the other way and basically turn us into casters; make everything scale off AP and make our weapons big AP stat sticks, but that feels wrong to me. Either way, by making a uniform change one way or the other, the different classes and specs will scale more uniformly and also value weapon ilvl roughly the same.

With the way Blizzard like to scale gear over the course of an expansion these days, rogues are going to need some serious love to stay competitive into late next expansion. I'd also be immensely surprised if Feint and Cloak don't see serious nerfs, so you can say goodbye to our soaking utility alone netting you a raid spot.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2017-12-14 at 08:00 AM.

No. I don't need to be top dps, but when the entire class is going to be bottom of the barrel something is wrong. The hybrid tax/ utility tax was removed at the end of burning crusade, so why are rogues paying one now? By blizzards own admission.
    At the End all the forecasts, predictions and assumptions doesn't matter. SimC forecasts how specific classes with specific gear are working against 5min patchwerk doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the actual performance in dynamic environment aka in practise.

Nearly 99% of the player base is always deluded by all the predictions and forecasts. They start to believe before the affected patch/content is even live.

The data we have to make considerations are way too holey. The quality of all the APLs is not standarized between specs and classes. The possibility to simulate dynamic fights is limited. A lot of guilds (in most cases top tier guilds) are non-public @ WoL -> they aren't considered in the statistics.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2017-12-14 at 05:45 PM.

Hey, it's funny because it's my logs that you have link, but you would not have link this log to prove that rogue doesn't dps too much right now if you pay attention to the log you see we keep our dfa for the add, it was a progession kill so the dps overall doesn't really matter, especially that varimathras is not a gearcheck and the only way to die on this boss is to let the add live long enough. ( + the soak )

(sry for my bad english )
    Last edited by Massivz; 2017-12-15 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    I just want to be able to equip my new tier. I think it's not that hard to understand.