Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, RIP! Some of those enchant mats were crazy profitable to farm, as no one else bothered to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    You know this is I think going to be the final nail in the coffin for my gameplay. I have seen things come and go. Been playing since beta back in early 2004. The complete and systematic removal of little things that add immersion to the game has slowly eroded my desire to keep playing it. Professions have always been something I greatly enjoyed. I really hated the streamlined approach they took on several expansions back, but this for enchanting. I don't want it. I understand why they are doing it, but it is the laziest of solutions.
    LOL BUT MAH IMMERSION
    good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by dylank View Post
    LOL BUT MAH IMMERSION
    good riddance

Players like you are a cancer to any game when that is your best response.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

You know this is I think going to be the final nail in the coffin for my gameplay. I have seen things come and go. Been playing since beta back in early 2004. The complete and systematic removal of little things that add immersion to the game has slowly eroded my desire to keep playing it. Professions have always been something I greatly enjoyed. I really hated the streamlined approach they took on several expansions back, but this for enchanting. I don't want it. I understand why they are doing it, but it is the laziest of solutions.
    After 7.3.5 hit the PTR, I was bitching on the official forums about how VC and Stocks were dropping lvl 60 reagents from the blues and greens in both instances and how it made leveling enchanting next to impossible. My suggestion was to force those entry level dungeons to drop the low level reagents that always used to drop before regardless if it was run at lvl 15 or lvl 59.

I am a bit mixed on the current decision. To some extent I am happy to see some of the complexity in the profession gone, as 6 expansions of new reagents have wreaked havoc on bag space, especially If you like to keep old reagents handy for alts. On the other hand, I am sad to see familiar reagents gone forever. I'll play around with these new changes and see how I like them before I make a final decision.

If you don't like the changes, send the Devs feedback on the PTR forums. Nothing is ever final till the release build.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahWeaver View Post
    The thing with Artifact Power (AP) is, it is not that hard to farm it once you research your artifact in your class hall to the maximum chapter.
    When I learned to do this, it only took me a couple of weeks to max out all 3 of my Death Knight specializations artifacts. In the beginning of a level 110 - ilvl700 - 900 it is a tedious grind without the class hall research but after that, piece of cake. So players should work towards boosting their tier past 900+
    and getting that research done.
    How long were you asleep ? Artifact Knowledge is no longer research-able, and I highly doubt you "maxed" your 3 weapons with the current weapon level 102.

I'm really afraid they will increase, again, this AK cap... I hate time-gated stuff like that.
    Could it be a way for them to slowly nerf Antorus difficulty without actually modifying the bosses ?

Edit : Damn, Artifact level 152 alone should be around 128.925.425.770.231.000.000 artifact power, so approximately 37 billion 3.5b tokens with the current AK. Noice.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2017-12-13 at 09:57 AM.

Deleted
    What a drama queen. My main is an enchanter and I would be glad if we could get rid of the multitude of enchantment reagents which exist only in Classic. This is nothing more than waste of storage space. I have no use for nostalgia, either. I probably would be missing the various cloth materials (because you know, we have linen, wool and silk in our real world just as well), but these enchantment materials are quite irrelevant by now. And I am one of the crazy people who tend to ROLEPLAY including crafting materials from all kinds of professions using some outlandish metaphysics about how these things could fit my narrative. I will just retcon my approach fitting to what things are available, and find a suitable explanation. Who knows, maybe the wounding of Azeroth is responsible for such a drastic change?

Deleted
    So, new leveling system will be introduced in 7.3.5?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    they need to seriously up the trial level cap to 60, just lock them out from leaving for outlands/northrend.

its been pathetically too long capped at 20
    So, actually nevermind... It isn't worth it. There is absolutely no reason to think the level cap on a trial should be raised to 60, that is over half the game. I can't imagine there is any logic behind wanting something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Players like you are a cancer to any game when that is your best response.
    No, not really. They have a point.

There's literally no 'Immersion' with the change made. They're normalizing the enchanting drops because honestly, Vanilla's was a mess. You're literally telling everyone in this thread that -THIS- is the reason you stop playing retail, which, honestly, is a really, really shallow, kneejerk reaction. You know what's cancer to any game? Saying someone's Cancer for any reason. The 'Immersion' crap has been a go-to for the Classic Extremists for years now, in lieu of quality of life.

And as someone who played since closed beta, and HAD AN ENCHANTER who had to go to fucking Uldaman for my trainer, i'm all too happy for the change, because they all sucked. You want a single-player RPG experience, go play a single-player RPG, not a constantly evolving MMORPG.

Holy crap, grow up.

**Edit: Words are hard.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

15+ Year Old Account
    That picture was uploaded to the wiki on January 2017 with the description "new model."

This is the version used from 2012 to 2016: https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.ne...b981c4ad08378b

The one you list as "live" is from the Legion Invasions, before his new model was implemented. If you see Gallywix in game right now he has the new model. The only time you see him in Legion is when you get your PVP Artifact Appearance.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-12-13 at 02:40 PM.

Yaaaaay, even more dumbing down, yaaay. I wonder, when the game will "evolve" to its final and the totally best stage, when players will have three buttons to press: "deal damage"/"heal"/"aggro", "craft" and "use hp potion".

Heh, it really went down the drain after wod.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So items that did become gray in the past, did the sell price change?

Hopefully they covert over since professions still require specific levels to "upgrade" (unless that will change too and I missed it). Gonna be a pita if you have to get gear to disenchant again.

LOL BUT MAH IMMERSION
    good riddance
    Good to see a normie won't be playing vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Yaaaaay, even more dumbing down, yaaay. I wonder, when the game will "evolve" to its final and the totally best stage, when players will have three buttons to press: "deal damage"/"heal"/"aggro", "craft" and "use hp potion".
    You know... it'd fit on a console controller then... just sayin! *ducks*

10+ Year Old Account
    Banked xp... that's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    No, not really. They have a point.

There's literally no 'Immersion' with the change made. They're normalizing the enchanting drops because honestly, Vanilla's was a mess. You're literally telling everyone in this thread that -THIS- is the reason you stop playing retail, which, honestly, is a really, really shallow, kneejerk reaction. You know what's cancer to any game? Saying someone's Cancer for any reason. The 'Immersion' crap has been a go-to for the Classic Extremists for years now, in lieu of quality of life.

And as someone who played since closed beta, and HAD AN ENCHANTER who had to go to fucking Uldaman for my trainer, i'm all too happy for the change, because they all sucked. You want a single-player RPG experience, go play a single-player RPG, not a constantly evolving MMORPG.

Holy crap, grow up.

**Edit: Words are hard.
    There is a saying "the straw that broke the camels back" It applies here. There has been a steady stream of things in recent expansions that many have expressed a great disdain for. I understand that the world grows and welcome it. Going back and wiping out the past for the sake of what? I see this as a lazy means of streamlining enchanting in classic because of level scaling of item drops. Nothing more. No other explanation has been given yet.

As for classic being a mess, I liked that mess. It made you interact with the world and think, you know that thing called immersion. Now its grab cloth, click a button, tailoring item made. All the recipes are effectively the same. At least in classic they had some form of making sense. Hey you doing an enchant that dealt with necro dark magic, you needed essence of undeath. I always enjoyed the process of hunting down things and components.

Now for the Uldaman thing. I thought that it was cool. Because if players wanted enchants they needed to help out the enchanter. I always found it helped bring players together. I gave reasons for players to interact with each other. Hell, the people I met back in classic doing that very thing in Uldaman are still people I play with today in other games now. I have even traveled to where they live and we have hung out.

People who offer no insight and just post tripe such as:
    LOL BUT MAH IMMERSION
    good riddance
    are a cancer to any community.

But I guess haters gonna hate here. You have your opinion, and I have mine. As I stated, I rather enjoyed it.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    How long were you asleep ? Artifact Knowledge is no longer research-able, and I highly doubt you "maxed" your 3 weapons with the current weapon level 102.

I'm really afraid they will increase, again, this AK cap... I hate time-gated stuff like that.
    Could it be a way for them to slowly nerf Antorus difficulty without actually modifying the bosses ?

Edit : Damn, Artifact level 152 alone should be around 128.925.425.770.231.000.000 artifact power, so approximately 37 billion 3.5b tokens with the current AK. Noice.
    I completed my research and yes all 3 of my artifacts to the maximum I could go. Wouldn't let me go any higher. I did my Frost DK
    artifact by farming the AP relics from my blood or unholy spec.'s. I reached the maximum research and completed it all in August this year. I stopped playing this character in end of September. If they have nerfed it or jacked it since then, then no I have yet to return to that character. I will soon. If research boosting is banned I will still be able to get the maximum payouts for AP so I am not too worried but if it's too insane now, how can they justify that when there is so much more things to grind and farm in the game?
    I found AP to be an easy grind but I was also in winning matches more than 50% pvp BG's & always completing my dungeons and raids and most legion world quests. Completion and good effort is necessary for good AP pay outs, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: There is also a method to it too... Raids paid out good AP bonuses for your first time doing it every week. So did Brawl events & Legion world quests, not bad. So I did raids on that tuesdays, the reset came up it was raid day. Back to quests, pvp's and dungeons after that. After I maxed out the highest I could go on one of my damage spec.'s, I maxed out my tank spec. next and when I went into raids if the raid tank failed I would take over as secondary tank & later primary tank but I prefered to damage because I had top 3 damage ratio in most non-ToS raids. ToS is tough for anyone farming AP & I wouldn't suggest trying to farm AP from ToS. Not yet anyway. I would switch up my game focus from quest to raid to dungeon to pvp so that i would get bored or sick of farming AP, gold and gear in one aspect of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: So that I would not get bored or sick of it I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    New ptr version crashes upon startup, good job.
    At least you didn't get stuck in infinity loading screen.. bubut my ssd!
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

5+ Year Old Account
    As for classic being a mess, I liked that mess. It made you interact with the world and think, you know that thing called immersion. Now its grab cloth, click a button, tailoring item made. All the recipes are effectively the same. At least in classic they had some form of making sense. Hey you doing an enchant that dealt with necro dark magic, you needed essence of undeath. I always enjoyed the process of hunting down things and components.

Now for the Uldaman thing. I thought that it was cool. Because if players wanted enchants they needed to help out the enchanter. I always found it helped bring players together. I gave reasons for players to interact with each other. Hell, the people I met back in classic doing that very thing in Uldaman are still people I play with today in other games now. I have even traveled to where they live and we have hung out.
    Ya I played Classic-Vanilla & I actually started the game playing a mage when Burning crusade and took alchemy and herbalism and regretted because I saw how the enchanters were making all the real gold while I had to hope for good luck on the AH with my potions that only educated players knew to use. Back then you could use an invisibility potion in pvp. I liked that and hate the fact they nerfed that from pvp as I do all 3 DK spec.'s now in legion not a stealthy druid or rogue. I want my invisibility trick back. LOL!
    I noticed they were advertising on battle.net a classic vintage WoW game set- where you could go an play the original game from 1.0 to 6.0 patches. It was like $70 or some thing. There in lies the real reason Blizzard likes the evolving MMORPG situation for WoW! Yup, it's a conspiracy. LOL!

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a saying "the straw that broke the camels back" It applies here. There has been a steady stream of things in recent expansions that many have expressed a great disdain for. 1. I understand that the world grows and welcome it. Going back and wiping out the past for the sake of what? 2a. I see this as a lazy means of streamlining enchanting in classic because of level scaling of item drops. Nothing more. No other explanation has been given yet.

As for classic being a mess, I liked that mess. It made you interact with the world and think, you know that thing called immersion. Now its grab cloth, click a button, tailoring item made. All the recipes are effectively the same. 2b. At least in classic they had some form of making sense. Hey you doing an enchant that dealt with necro dark magic, you needed essence of undeath. I always enjoyed the process of hunting down things and components.

Now for the Uldaman thing. I thought that it was cool. 3. Because if players wanted enchants they needed to help out the enchanter. I always found it helped bring players together. I gave reasons for players to interact with each other. Hell, the people I met back in classic doing that very thing in Uldaman are still people I play with today in other games now. I have even traveled to where they live and we have hung out.
    Let's go step by step with this:

1. That's how real life works. Life moves on, things advance. When we were kids, some of us used to make fun of our elders, their nostalgia and 'the good ol' days', stating that they weren't really that good. You can't go back in time and relive your 'Golden Years'. That applies here too. Certainly, people are entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't mean that those opinions are universally correct. When it comes to MMOs, you either advance and grow or stay stale and stagnate. Most of the QoL changes made were to advance their game as well as retain/gain more resources (subscriptions) than would have been the case otherwise.

2a. No other expansion has so much 'garbage' when it comes to Tradeskills As soon as you step into Burning Crusade, you have one type across the board and that continues to this day. Given the amount of work that's going to go into streamlining that, as I imagine the spaghetti code to be sometimes very difficult to sift though (since i'm not a Programmer, I won't pretend and say 'OH IT SHOULD BE EASY').

2b. They're only streamlining the core materials. They have said nothing about removing the 'elemental' components of any of the old enchantments, so you're speculating/skyisfallism. You'll still need your Essence of Undeath, Righteous Orbs, etc. Not that this requires any 'thought' beyond 'What level of low-level mobs do I need to grind to get this', especially with the elemental drops.

3. Strawman. This only applied to Guildies, and only the first one or two who were leveling Enchanting at a time. If someone was wanting an Enchant from you outside of your guild, and you didn't have it because you needed to go back to Uldaman, they'd look for someone else to do it rather than waste time. There are exceptions to this rule, but they're just that, exceptions. Nothing is currently stopping you from interacting with other people aside from yourself.

--------------

I've been playing since closed beta of WoW and almost 90% of all social interactions and the like people keep clamoring for, are found in guild. Nothing's stopping you from bullshitting with other people in the various chats, too. "MY BARRENS CHAT" isn't immersion and can be found in Tradechat nine times out of ten, for example. If I join a LFR and i'm feeling catty, i'll bullshit and get people involved in my stupidity, which brings the lols and makes it more entertaining for me, but I don't always want to do that.

Yes, the 'leveling' is easier, especially if you want it to be. In my case, i've done all the earlier content, pre/post-Cataclysm, and don't have any real draw of doing it again, save for being a completionist. So I want to level to max as fast as possible. Why should I suffer through that garbage because the current vocal minority wants to smash their faces into walls?

You don't want a MMORPG, you want an RPG with an optional chat client. I get most of my 'MMO' experience at end game, where most of the people are and want to be. As do most people.

- - - Updated - - -

-snip-
    There was no way, at any point, to 'max' out your Artifact. Mythic hardcore raiders who ground that shit out to stay ahead of the curve, never maxed it out. Currently the 'softcap' is 75 because of the shadowforge or whatever it's called, but you can keep gaining AP for your artifacts. So, i'm calling bullshit on just about your entire post unless you can factually prove otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I played Classic-Vanilla & I actually started the game playing a mage when Burning crusade and ...
    Ya I played Classic-Vanilla...
    ...I actually started the game playing a mage when Burning crusade...
    What.

/10chars
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic