Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought the thread and the OP set a context that made it clear that we were talking game companies selling mounts directly to their players. You were the one who left the context to try to prove a point, I suspect you know that though.

Actually, as far as I can tell from a bit of digging, in this context set by the thread and the OP, my claim is still accurate. I cannot find a dev outside of Trion that sells mounts directly to their players in-game for that much, though if you can find them I'd be interested to know who else is selling mounts directly to their players for that much.
    can't be assed to look i'll wait for EA to do it though, they can't resist selling everything, the mount will probably be in 25 separate pieces, you get 1 free, purchase the other 24 from the store!

rift or on how to **** your last 10 players...

so sad , this game was fun and has gone downhill faster then a dead hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    can't be assed to look i'll wait for EA to do it though, they can't resist selling everything, the mount will probably be in 25 separate pieces, you get 1 free, purchase the other 24 from the store!
    Bwahaha, yes! At $25 a piece too.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's just got the the point where they know the game is over so they are cashing out as hard as they can before they shut it all down.

Its sad to See Rift fall so badly. I had fond memories with the game but it just slowly went down hill

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't get it. I don't get microtransactions. How can you sit there and fork out double digits for... a mount? A pet? Useless things? I get wanting cool stuff but christ, I'd rather spend that money on permanent goods or at least a bomb burrito here and there.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

15+ Year Old Account
    Well considering you can purchase the Festive Fae Yule Pack for $19.99 which gives you Dream Soul Pack ($10 value), Storm Soul Pack ($10 value), level 65 character boost ($40 value), and an ascended weapons cache that gives you weaons based on your calling (couldn't find in the store to get a value). Shouldn't you be saying how this is grossly UNDER priced? Assuming this ascended weapons cache costs around $10 (again I couldn't find it in the Rift store so I'm just pulling an arbetrary number out of my ass) that would make this package valued around $80 which is just 1/4 what they're charging for it. Man we should boycott and protest this!!! I think you should lay off them for this crap.
    @Darkdaemon @Eleccybubb @Lythelia Why are you guys even here? Aren't you boycotting/not playing anymore? Why would what they do concern you at all if you're not buying what they are selling (wait I thought you were being forced to buy it as you guys seem to insinuate) or not playing the game and/or quitting the game. Why would it matter to you at all???

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The worst part about this insane cash grab is how they force people to buy it... oh wait.
    I know dude! I logged in quickly after seeing Trion had debited my card the money & then demanded the money back. Thankfully, they have great customer service and issued me a full refund. Then I went to log in after eating dinner just now and saw they suspended my account until I payed the $100. I felt like I wanted to play so I went ahead and payed it all while being forced to pay. This is AFTER they forced me to fork out the $250 for the Dragon's Hoard Pack a few days ago. Man this game and how many things are forced upon the player just to play the game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    That's completely not the point, I have nothing against selling mounts for real money (like how WoW does it) but selling random mounts - for that insane price? Imagine if Blizzard said that LK no longer dropped invincible, the only way you could get it is by paying $100, and then you have a 1 in 42 chance on getting invincible when it could just as likely be a mount you don't like / already have
    First off I know plenty of people who would love to pay $100 for that mount simply because it has never dropped for them before and they've been farming it since WotLK. Secondly where is it written that a company can only offer video game mounts for a specific amount of real money? Where is this law on the books at? And here I go thinking a company was free to charge whatever they want for their goods and services even if nobody buys it. Silly me for thinking this!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Considering the amount of characters I farm that on I'd be pissed.

I still don't have the mount. 12 different toons per week as well.

As I said I still think it's an error. It has to be. No way they would do this literally a day after the P2W fiasco.
    I hope all 12 of those characters you're farming it on has Shadowmourn because that's how it drops.....

Doesn't matter if the mount gives it the value, you're paying for a card after everything is said and done. Who's to say there aren't people collecting the WoW TCG cards and are willing to pay that much for them? We've see Pokemon cards go for far more and they have no mount loot, they're just cards. Of course, this conversation would be easier and less absurd as a whole if we weren't nitpicking for the sake of an argument.
    Oh look, a SCRATCHED card selling or $15. Compare that to the average price of $1200 for an UNSCRATCHED card. Yeah I think your argument holds up well that people will pay high prices for the card but not the mount. Oh wait, they won't because the card itself is shit. Nice try though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    I just don't get it. I don't get microtransactions. How can you sit there and fork out double digits for... a mount? A pet? Useless things? I get wanting cool stuff but christ, I'd rather spend that money on permanent goods or at least a bomb burrito here and there.
    What's wrong with having your bomb burrito and eating it while you ride around on the mount you bought with money looking at the pet you also bought with money? Can't have the best of both worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Because people are that invested in Trion to the point that a few of them are blinded.

Hell for 1 mount if that is the intended price I could go buy at least 3 PS4 games. Or 10-15 decent Indie games.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-14 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    This is why WoW should not go f2p, this is bullshit
    The exact reason why I don't like F2P/B2P at all. Not all games are this greedy, but even the ones that aren't, you still have to crack open the wallet to get cool things.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    The exact reason why I don't like F2P/B2P at all. Not all games are this greedy, but even the ones that aren't, you still have to crack open the wallet to get cool things.
    There are plenty of F2P/B2P games that have a way fairer model than Rift. I could probably list between 5-10 off the top of my head.

Trions model is a joke and as @Darth Dracula said with this becoming a more occurring thing it does say to me Rift may be shut down or put into maintenance mode soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I hope all 12 of those characters you're farming it on has Shadowmourn because that's how Invincible drops.....
    Since I have you on ignore this will be my only response.... And because I really can't be bothered reading through the usual "this is fine" attitude so I'll just respond to your misinformation part.

Invincible does not require Shadowmourne at all to drop as it drops from LK 25 Heroic as any other mount drops from respective bosses. That is the Crimson Deathcharger mount from the special chest which requires Shadowmourne which also grants a bunch of toys. Do not spread misinformation please.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-14 at 03:02 AM.

There are plenty of F2P/B2P games that have a way fairer model than Rift. I could probably list between 5-10 off the top of my head.

Trions model is a joke and as @Darth Dracula said with this becoming a more occurring thing it does say to me Rift may be shut down or put into maintenance mode soon.
    Pretty sure I covered that with:
    Not all games are this greedy
    But I've played games that seem fair until you dig a little deeper, where the reward is gotten by spending cash because the grind is unfathomable. GW2 is a perfect example of that.

Pretty sure I covered that with:

But I've played games that seem fair until you dig a little deeper, where the reward is gotten by spending cash because the grind is unfathomable. GW2 is a perfect example of that.
    Yeah I meant it more as a follow up to your post mate.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Well considering you can purchase the Festive Fae Yule Pack for $19.99 which gives you Dream Soul Pack ($10 value), Storm Soul Pack ($10 value), level 65 character boost ($40 value), and an ascended weapons cache that gives you weaons based on your calling (couldn't find in the store to get a value). Shouldn't you be saying how this is grossly UNDER priced? Assuming this ascended weapons cache costs around $10 (again I couldn't find it in the Rift store so I'm just pulling an arbetrary number out of my ass) that would make this package valued around $80 which is just 1/4 what they're charging for it. Man we should boycott and protest this!!! I think you should lay off them for this crap.
    @Darkdaemon @Eleccybubb @Lythelia Why are you guys even here? Aren't you boycotting/not playing anymore? Why would what they do concern you at all if you're not buying what they are selling (wait I thought you were being forced to buy it as you guys seem to insinuate) or not playing the game and/or quitting the game. Why would it matter to you at all??
    Oh, sweetie, did you forget your lessons already? We've already addressed this. I know you're having a hard time accepting all this but perhaps emotionally vomiting on the forums isn't the best route huh?

Yeah I meant it more as a follow up to your post mate.
    Way fairer model to drive your point, either way they are all shitty little cash grabs.

I think 5/10/15 dollars a month is fair for a game that offers you the entire package to do what you want with vs 5/10/15 dollars every time you want something new. Once in a while I will try a game, but once it hits the F2P market, I instantly lose interest I had.

You can cry all you want about these prices, but the game is dead, and they are just doing what they always have done.

Way fairer model to drive your point, either way they are all shitty little cash grabs.

I think 5/10/15 dollars a month is fair for a game that offers you the entire package to do what you want with vs 5/10/15 dollars every time you want something new. Once in a while I will try a game, but once it hits the F2P market, I instantly lose interest I had.

You can cry all you want about these prices, but the game is dead, and they are just doing what they always have done.
    Aye sadly. Just a real huge shame to see an MMO that could have been big go down the wrong path.

Aye sadly. Just a real huge shame to see an MMO that could have been big go down the wrong path.
    They should have manned up and killed it before it had to drag around on its back legs, but no money in that.

I am glad they are screwing the pooch like this, if nothing else some lessons learned by someone.

I'm not going to bother responding to the shrill that gets off on ad hominem attacks and getting out on ignore lists, but regarding WoW mounts, aren't the majority of newly released ones available in game? Skins are just that, skins.

Most rift mounts are released through lockboxes. There's only one 160% mount available outside of lockboxes or credits, and it was released fairly recently. The vast majority of max speed mounts, of which you need at least one, had a microtransaction involved.

We wouldn't complain so much about this game if it was polished, well balanced and frequently update. But it's not, and in spite of that, releases these terribly priced microtransactions with no regard for industry events like the EA controversy.

Ah don't be like that guys, after all it's Christmas and the devs gotta eat too right? (hand rubbing intensifies).

I'm sure they'll be a few idiots who will pony up one hundred bucks for a random mount, as the saying goes "a fool and his money are soon parted".

15+ Year Old Account
    Since I have you on ignore this will be my only response.... And because I really can't be bothered reading through the usual "this is fine" attitude so I'll just respond to your misinformation part.

Invincible does not require Shadowmourne at all to drop as it drops from LK 25 Heroic as any other mount drops from respective bosses. That is the Crimson Deathcharger mount from the special chest which requires Shadowmourne which also grants a bunch of toys. Do not spread misinformation please.
    My bad for wording it incorrectly. I hope you have Shadowmourne on each of those toons because that's how the drop rate is INCREASED. But since you have me on ignore you won't even see this so oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdaemon View Post
    I'm not going to bother responding to the shrill that gets off on ad hominem attacks and getting out on ignore lists, but regarding WoW mounts, aren't the majority of newly released ones available in game? Skins are just that, skins.

Most rift mounts are released through lockboxes. There's only one 160% mount available outside of lockboxes or credits, and it was released fairly recently. The vast majority of max speed mounts, of which you need at least one, had a microtransaction involved.

We wouldn't complain so much about this game if it was polished, well balanced and frequently update. But it's not, and in spite of that, releases these terribly priced microtransactions with no regard for industry events like the EA controversy.
    Who gives a rat's ass if its 150% or 155% or 160% speed increase? Are you really going to lose sleep over freakin 5-10% difference? Before WoW made the highest mount speed available to purchase by the trainers, there was TWO mounts in the game that allowed that extra few % increase. Those were Ashes of Al'ar (drop rate of 1.75% listed but everyone knows that mount is a lot more rare than that) and the Violet Proto Drake which required you doing every single one of the required holiday achievements for an entire year. Allowing Rift players the ability to purchase these mounts that give the slightest speed increase is nothing bad. If you can't catch up to your group when you're doing 150% riding and they're doing 160% then its not a problem with the game but a problem with you. But you have me on ignore so I guess you won't see a thing I say. Not like you would actually stay on topic here.

Oh, sweetie, did you forget your lessons already? We've already addressed this. I know you're having a hard time accepting all this but perhaps emotionally vomiting on the forums isn't the best route huh?
    Its not my fault you have poor reading skills and need everything reduced to 1-2 lines to be able to follow it. Just saying...

Again shouldn't you @Darkdaemon & @Lythelia & @Eleccybubb be doing something else besides responding to posts about a game you're boycotting/quitting/not playing anymore? And so glad to see not one of you jerks (boy I almost said Another word there which probably would have gotten me infracted because I know you would report it) addressed any thing I actually brought up. You bypass what I say and sweep facts under the rug.

I guess I'll have to go back to playing Rift and being FORCED TO BUY more stuff from them like all of you guys are. After all, that's what this really boils down to is how everyone is FORCED TO BUY stuff from them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's got to be an error, either a misplaced decimal or them including the wrong tooltip for the lockbox or something.
    I hope so - That price point is outright absurd. Even for Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I think it's just got the the point where they know the game is over so they are cashing out as hard as they can before they shut it all down.
    This is the impression I've had too, though I doubt Trion would be so quick to pull the plug on their main title. I suspect it's going to be getting small updates here and there so they can keep adding new monetisation streams to it.

They're going to do their very best to suck all of the money they can out of their playerbase before the population eventually becomes unsustainable. The reality of the situation is an MMO like Rift can continue to generate profits for the company even with with a skeleton crew. A few small bits of content here and there to keep people returning and it can be run for at a profit for a long time to come.