Poll: What do you think of Prestige leveling

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mootygrimes View Post
    It's a valid form of positive feedback from the game. It's a means to recognize your time investment into your given character. Not sure why such pushback is warranted here.
    Well that is the issue, although minuscule it would still take up some developer time to implement. The effect doesn't add or take anything away from the game in the big picture. It just wouldn't be something that would ever make it into the project cycle because of that. There is no point in knowing this number, it isn't like an achievement to re-roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Well that is the issue, although minuscule it would still take up some developer time to implement. The effect doesn't add or take anything away from the game in the big picture. It just wouldn't be something that would ever make it into the project cycle because of that. There is no point in knowing this number, it isn't like an achievement to re-roll.
    There are PLENTY useless features in WoW, this seems far from useless to some other things they once added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Because the activity does not appeal to you does not an invalid feature make.

Know what else isn't an achievement?

* Going back in time and playing on a "Vanilla" format server
    * Going into a room with a few other players and being judge for who can come up with the most appropriate xmog
    * Going back and dinking around with Chromie
    * Going back in time and absolutely *smashing* Wrath-era Heroics

Guess what all of these things cost?

* Development time
    * In the case of Vanilla server and Timewalking, you've now diluted the queue as you're diverting players to other activities

Do these things add anything to the game in the big picture?

It depends. I've never even zoned into the Chromie scenario. Have zero interest in rewinding back to a "Vanilla" state. Have no interest in participating in the Trial of Style.

However, I can see how these things are perceived as "cool" or "fun" features for those interested in them. Obviously a PM is going to have to talk with their Dev leadership to figure out what's doable and what isn't and in how long, but I think it's a shame to see the immediate kneejerk reaction on these forums that somebody else's idea of "fun" is not good enough and should not even be considered.
    I enjoy a variety of games, but prefer those that have a core system of progression. If you found my comment helpful, let me know! If you believe I can improve my style of communication, let me know!
    WoW: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rimes/advanced - WCLogs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...est#bracket=-1 - FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...cter/11002859/

15+ Year Old Account
    Should be the pve counterpart to pvp prestige, to reward mounts/titles/pets and shit, id be down for it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I don't see the problem with it. Adds extra things to do for people and there are plenty of people who like to do all their stuff on their main. You are just hating on it because you don't see a point on someone wanting to relevel because you dont like it.
    thats awfully facetious of you and making assumptions is bad, its just an awful idea that isn't necessary when people can make alts and grind other things e.g raiding, mythic+, rep or pvp, what happens when quests/bonus objectives run out? just kill boars somewhere? pointless

...You are just hating on it because you don't see a point on someone wanting to relevel because you dont like it.
    It could be because it is by definition pointless. At least leveling a new character gives a fresh perspective on how to tackle the game with different tools. What you are proposing is insanity. Doing the same content for no rewards and the exact same outcome... seems ludicrous. I love leveling. I have several characters (10) at max level. The story is what keeps me engaged with WoW. However, losing all progress just to do it again when there is sooooo much grinding at end game now. Yeah I'd rather roll a new character to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

In BC, there was a big incentive to leveling an alt to 70. You earned over 3k gold for doing it from all the quests which was a lot.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

We have prestige leveling already, we just call them Artifact Weapons.

Also, the poll is absurd.

I love leveling, do it on an unhealthy amount of characters every expansion, but i consider prestige leveling to be an absurd idea, so, there's no option to actually vote on.

Boooo.

It was a good experiment but it has gone badly.

Basically, Prestiege leveling needs to be either made account wide, or, it simply needs to go.

Its not a good thing to have to grind rated bg/arena ranks, along side an experience grind, along side gearing.

It feels like far too many progressions for one thing.

Then you don't get the idea of someone who likes to put all their effort in 1 character.
    That isn't really what you described, though. If you reset everything on a character back to lvl1 then it's no different than simply starting a new character. The game can already keep track of how many characters you level, you essentially just want a little counter that other people can see that tells them how many times you've lvled a paladin for instance (as if anyone would give a fuck).

Leveling is the most basic part of the game and it requires absolutely no skill. If you find it fun, great. There's nothing wrong with that. However, the idea of "prestige leveling" might be one of the stupidest ideas I've seen proposed on these forums.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man in Room V View Post
    There should be cosmetic rewards, but yes, it would be cool.
    Not just cosmetic rewards. Prestige leveling is a massive grind and it's a pvp grind at that which requires actually winning more than 50%... ugh... but do able for good players. I think rewards should include cometic yes but also better epic gear that boosts your primary stats, tones of gold that is not a token amount like 50 or 200 but more like 50 000 for prestige 5 and 200 000 gold for level 40 & every 10 prestige levels past level 40. & when you hit prestige 80 you should get privilege to wear an extra Legendary item so you can help your friends rape ToS dungeons for better epic gear! If it comes with GOOD rewards, by all means let it be!

- - - Updated - - -

In BC, there was a big incentive to leveling an alt to 70. You earned over 3k gold for doing it from all the quests which was a lot.
    Ya I agree that any long suffering grind leveling you have to do in WoW should come with excellent rewards. They nerfed so much in this game that made it fun to play but... legion in itself is the hot patch now and I was impressed with the gear payouts in raids and dungeons and they definitely improved the AP gains from when they introduced it. The extra honor talents, that was cool but prestige level does not offer good enough incentives in comparison like what classic WoW did. An extra Legendary slot and Legendary gear piece would be nice at max prestige. To me good gear & hot mounts and spiffy appearances is all anyone cares about in WoW anyway... make it so!

I like leveling, and my answer is still no.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahWeaver View Post
    Not just cosmetic rewards. Prestige leveling is a massive grind and it's a pvp grind at that which requires actually winning more than 50%... ugh... but do able for good players. I think rewards should include cometic yes but also better epic gear that boosts your primary stats, tones of gold that is not a token amount like 50 or 200 but more like 50 000 for prestige 5 and 200 000 gold for level 40 & every 10 prestige levels past level 40. & when you hit prestige 80 you should get privilege to wear an extra Legendary item so you can help your friends rape ToS dungeons for better epic gear! If it comes with GOOD rewards, by all means let it be!
    Sounds good to me! I basically just want the PvP Prestige system applied to PvE but have unique rewards different from the PvP ones.

Deleted
    I would not mind it. I love leveling. Hell i have all classes on alliance side at 110. and 4 horde classes at level 110. and the rest(beside a horde DH) at 100.. I would love to releveling my own, lets say Druid, was my vanila charcter, just for shits and giggels

If the content could scale up infinitely and ramp up the difficulty each time that would be cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good to me! I basically just want the PvP Prestige system applied to PvE but have unique rewards different from the PvP ones.
    Ha ha ha... oh the PVPers would not like that... they would flip out and scream "NERFED" ..or "I QUIT!" But I see what you are saying and do agree that PvE should come with a reward system so that your time & efforts is rewarded like PvP is. PvE achievements are in the game! Raids and dungeons come with good rewards, honor and guild boosting so your guild gets those important boosts. legion did not pinch back on the good stuff for PvE but a system that adds extra is always nice... should be a system for that and GOOD stats gear should be the focus so that fresh or returning players can catch up to the max tiered game Lord toons who are as ridiculously as powerful as the old gods & void Lords almost.

With trial by style quest now... appearances are whole knew grind in itself but easy to get as gold now.

- - - Updated - - -

If the content could scale up infinitely and ramp up the difficulty each time that would be cool.
    ugh... and so the Void Lords and the Old Gods win!

Sounds fun! Like the CoD badge symbols indicating your prestige?

I could get on board with that.

Deleted
    We already have it; it's called Concordance of Legionfall...

Ok; it does add some power to you, but the addition is very minor in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebian View Post
    Sounds fun! Like the CoD badge symbols indicating your prestige?

I could get on board with that.
    WoW has that, with a thing called Prestige level. Every level has it's own badge, which displays to everyone in the scoreboard of a BG.

No, I like leveling but this would just make it pointless for anything endgame related. Plus, there's not enough zones and quest-lines to keep it interesting. It would come down to an add on that someone would make showing you the optimal quests to take to reach max in the shortest time. Basically, if you really want to show the amount of time you put into your og main, then just link your oldest wow anniversary achievement.