Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Steve Bannon and Breitbart spent months trying to sabotage Twitter

Interesting case of wannabe oligarchs trying to undermine social media to their own purposes. Steve Bannon and Breitbart spent months trying to sabotage Twitter after Milo got de-verified. They went after the platform from financial, legal and editorial angles.

Ironic the people operating under the "free speech" flag, really just want speech for themselves and no one else.

BuzzFeed News released a report today detailing efforts made by Steve Bannon, Milo Yiannopoulos and Breitbart News to damage Twitter. For about a year, they explored various ways to bring down the platform, tactics that included legal action, an anti-Twitter editorial campaign and attempts to push down the company's stock price.
    Bannon, Yiannopoulos, and Breitbart CEO Larry Solov also proceeded to look into potential lawsuits against Twitter with outside actors offering advice on various legal angles to pursue. However, communication amongst the group stalled and at one point Yiannopoulos said he would be looking into a legal course of action on his own.

As for the third prong of its Twitter war, Breitbart published 176 stories about Twitter between January 1st and August 17th -- the day Bannon left Breitbart to manage Trump's campaign. They covered all sorts of topics, all critical of the platform, with Bannon at times being very involved with the structuring of those stories.

On Jan. 11, 2016, Milo Yiannopoulos emailed Steve Bannon a screenshot of Twitter’s stock, which had dropped more than 3% during day trading. The company’s shareholders may have been hurting, but Yiannopoulos was in the mood to celebrate: He was convinced Breitbart had helped drive down Twitter’s share price.

“If it goes down to -5 [percent] and stays we can claim this as a victory I think,” wrote Yiannopoulos above the image. “This will be a week of pain for Twitter. … I want to underscore how petty what they did was and what it has revealed about the company and what the consequences are going to be.”

On Jan. 15, Yiannopoulos sent a peace offering to Twitter — a cordial email to Jack Dorsey asking for his verification to be restored in exchange for a detente. A screenshot of an email tracker Yiannopoulos used registered that the email was opened 111 times.

But Dorsey never responded.

Reads like text-book bullying or gaslighting tactics. After the bully is called out and ostracized, they immediately pretend to be nice and sociable while still trying to emotionally blackmail their targets.

**then there's the case of Bannon trying to get a mole into Facebook.
    This and the earlier Milo-emailing-white-supremacist-leaks show that Breitbart needs to worry more about the mole Buzzfeed has.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2017-12-13 at 10:58 PM.

It's not like they've been very proficient in pretending to be sane people.

I question the intellect of anyone who actually likes/supports Milo.

Twitter is a mess, especially when it comes to political issues. It's a shame the company doesn't show the same amount of concern for political extremists of all flavours.

I summon thee with a but CNN/But her Emails!

Above poster basically gave us but the alt left which I forgot.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The mask of "free speech" isn't really fooling anyone who isn't one of their shills.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Twitter is a mess, especially when it comes to political issues. It's a shame the company doesn't show the same amount of concern for political extremists of all flavours.
    Poor little Nazis, so persecuted. What did they ever do to deserve that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Humans are still doing politics?
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

They should be stamped out, though so too should the people expressing equally troubling views directed at other groups of people. The likes of Twitter cannot claim to be against extremism and discrimination if they're only taking on flavour of it seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mask of "free speech" isn't really fooling anyone who isn't one of their shills.

At some point you figure they're just gaslighting themselves.

Or maybe the better explanation is a parallel to the opioid crisis. They get to consume their favorite youtube,twitter, or breitbart content that lets them forget their pain. And their favorite youtube celebrity makes easy money for being their constant supplier. It's easier money than dealing drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Humans are still doing politics?
    Ok.
    It's Bannon and the Breitbart crowd we're talking about here, so human might be a bit of a stretch.

It's Bannon and the Breitbart crowd we're talking about here, so human might be a bit of a stretch.
    There may or may not be some resemblance. Cannot confirm.

good ol buzzfeed 10 ways you might be a superhero number 4 will shock you. and yeah breitbart is just as bad imo its biased bs
    mr pickles

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait. You guys don't see the irony in being butthurt they tried to sabotage Twitter after the amount of people on Twitter that try to sabotage Breitbart? I mean both sides have shit everywhere.

Just another day of hypocrites being hypocrites I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    There may or may not be some resemblance. Cannot confirm.

Hmmm, might have to wait for the dental records to be sure.

Same Steve Bannon as the insane propagandist who made Torchbearer?

Hmmm, might have to wait for the dental records to be sure.
    Hoo yeah that's him. Or a lizard person wearing his skin. Leaning towards the latter, I know my lizard people after Alex Jones set me straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought conspiracy threads weren't allowed here...

10+ Year Old Account
    They should be stamped out, though so too should the people expressing equally troubling views directed at other groups of people. The likes of Twitter cannot claim to be against extremism and discrimination if they're only taking on flavour of it seriously.
    I like how no one replied to this response and I agree completely!

Are you one of those types that believes 'extreme political beliefs' are anything you don't personally agree with?

Really it's the only people I find that have a problem with other peoples 'extremism'.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Wasnt aware that milo could be apologetic, or meek. Must be someone prentending to be him...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I thought conspiracy threads weren't allowed here...
    I retract my speculation that Steve Bannon might be human.