Poll: Do you want these missing instances added?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Not my impression after being active in the return of classic\vanilla struggle\discussion\arguments for the past 10 years.
    That just means you followed the letter of the argument, and the spirit of it went over your head. WoW Classic was fun, but it's still a game many of us finished. I raided up to 4 Horsemen in Naxx 40. I pretty much saw all of Vanilla.

The reason I want Classic is because I hate the direction retail took. I would much rather have a sequel to Vanilla instead of just playing the same game again, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Most people who play on private servers are in the same boat. We play Vanilla because that is the best rendetion of the game (although BC and parts of Wrath were ok too), but we'd rather play new content with the same design philosophy.
    Last edited by Nomads; 2017-12-14 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I would much rather have a sequel to Vanilla instead of just playing the same game again, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Most people who play on private servers are in the same boat. We play Vanilla because that is the best rendetion of the game (although BC and parts of Wrath were ok too), but we'd rather play new content with the same design philosophy.
    That might be what you want, but that is clearly not what blizzard will end up doing nor what the majority of people asked for.

Vanilla won't be a 'new direction' for warcraft, they won't develop parallel versions of the game. That's just a far-fetched, unreachable dream, regardless of how appealing it sounds, i'd say.

So i'm a happy camper with simply the reboot of vanilla and having another go at it, if its massively popular, i can see them thinking twice about the servers future or what they can do with it, but not from the get-go.

I'd like this once we've reached Naxx and we've had Naxx for a long time.
    Eventually you need new content, you can't stay pure Vanilla forever.
    I want them to continue Vanilla's lore and design philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That might be what you want, but that is clearly not what blizzard will end up doing nor what the majority of people asked for.

Vanilla won't be a 'new direction' for warcraft, they won't develop parallel versions of the game. That's just a far-fetched, unreachable dream, regardless of how appealing it sounds, i'd say.

So i'm a happy camper with simply the reboot of vanilla and having another go at it, if its massively popular, i can see them thinking twice about the servers future or what they can do with it, but not from the get-go.
    Why are you literally repeating exactly what I just said?

Personally, I don't think it is any coincidence that Classic is getting launched along side BfA, which is a "return to its roots" expansion. I think Blizzard is doing an experiment to see how many new subs they get for each so they can gauge where the bigger interest is. Do people want Vanilla in all it's flawed glory? Or do they want the retail version getting slightly back to its roots?

Hopefully, the direction they take the franchise moving forward will be the right one. WoW 2 as a spiritual successor to Classic WoW, would be something I'd be very excited for.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been assured by countless classic evangelists that classic will have a stable and lively subscriber base without any new content needed ever.
    Classic was the perfect game and despite being in a state of constant content drought will never get old.
    Ily mmoc

I don't see Blizzard putting resource into creating more content for classic WoW because all those resource could be put into their main focus which is retail WoW. Creating content is a whole different thing from setting up classic servers.

Blizzard is already struggling to create enough content to satisfy players. Any content developer that they hire will go to help with the live WoW team to create and polish more content for the live game in hope of smoothing patch and expansion cycle.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-12-14 at 05:56 AM.

If they did finally get around to developing these instances, why make them for Classic instead of Live?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I see it less as new people coming in wanting something different from classic and some people realizing that after several years it all comes to a stopping point.

Lots of people like the old design, they are just smart enough to know that it will get stale and hard to stick with after a certain point.

For some others it is probably a what if scenario too. What if they didn't change the design philosophy and Wow continued from there.
    I highly doubt that Blizzard is up to the task of running two concurrent world of warcrafts.

Which I THINK is ACTUALLY what many of the "classic" people want... a "WoW 2," in which they "start world of warcraft over but then adapt it as it goes on..."

Unfortunately these people don't realize that... that's EXACTLY what retail is.

If people want "WoW 2" they can go try and play WildStar.

Hell, even to the OP... you want to go play Karazhan and Outland and Northrend and all of that stuff? Go play retail, which is WHEN those things were added. If you want them to develop them "anew," they'd be best doing so in retail... you know, a game that's supposed to be constantly updated.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    "Missing instances"?

I don't think they ever made it past the stage of being a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Played both WoW and WS; I don't see how WildStar is remotely WoW2...
    They are both pretty light and riddled with jokes and i don't necessarily dislike WS; but it doesn't have the stuff WoW does.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-12-14 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'd rather not have more resources wasted into making content for Classic.
    It'll be developed by an Activision team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    "Missing instances"?

I don't think they ever made it past the stage of being a concept.
    Well Kara we know was, but as far as the others who knows. Blizzard has worked on lots of things past the concept stage that never made it in or morphed into something else later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post

Played both WoW and WS; I don't see how WildStar is remotely WoW2...
    They are both pretty light and riddled with jokes and i don't necessarily dislike WS; but it doesn't have the stuff WoW does.
    Wildstar was ostensibly made with the "hardcore" attitude that supposedly defined Vanilla WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I highly doubt that Blizzard is up to the task of running two concurrent world of warcrafts.

Which I THINK is ACTUALLY what many of the "classic" people want... a "WoW 2," in which they "start world of warcraft over but then adapt it as it goes on..."

Hell, even to the OP... you want to go play Karazhan and Outland and Northrend and all of that stuff? Go play retail, which is WHEN those things were added. If you want them to develop them "anew," they'd be best doing so in retail... you know, a game that's supposed to be constantly updated.
    I don't think everyone wants a WoW2, and I don't think most of us believe that they will add anything, but there is a group of us that would be ok if they did. Some people may be hoping they do but I seriously doubt many are under any delusion that Classic will get anything more than a bare bones team.

I do want WoW 2. But Wildstar is not it. I want the spiritual successor of Vanilla WoW.

And for the record, I said "Karazhan Crypts" Not Karazhan. There's a difference.

Deleted
    As a genereal rule, I'm very much against the addition of new content to the Vanilla experience (Wouldn't like it if my vanilla-ice cream suddenly changed consistency or flavor either). Blizzard will (as they said) tweek the game to run more efficient/avoid certain bugs etc.
    On a positive note, I wouldn't mind if they experimented with the ideas, and tried to use Vanilla-assets to create some of the lost ideas. In fact I think it could turn out pretty well! In reality though, I doubt this will happen before we reach the post-Naxx stale that WILL happen.

I don't trust 2017 Blizzard to make new content of the same caliber as 2005 Blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    I don't see Blizzard putting resource into creating more content for classic WoW because all those resource could be put into their main focus which is retail WoW. Creating content is a whole different thing from setting up classic servers.
    That's just a question of where they get the most return on the invested resources. You're right that creating content is a whole different thing than just the engineering the light game design needed for WoW Classic—content is the slowest and most expensive part of WoW's development. But that doesn't mean it cannot have a high enough ROI. It might happen that WoW Classic is a hit and Blizzard decides that it makes sense to create content patches and updates (see what happened with RuneScape). Or it might be that WoW Classic flops, nobody can know until they try it out.

Blizzard is already struggling to create enough content to satisfy players.
    This is completely a problem with today's game design where all content is consumed instantaneously. Last time I played WoW was MoP, which had a ton of content, but I consumed it all in less than a month (from lvl 1 to killing Garrosh). With the current game design they will never create enough content no matter how many developers they throw at it—they need to fix the pacing of the content instead. In vanilla the pacing is much slower so that the lifetime of the content is much longer, meaning that less content gives more enjoyable playtime overall.

Yes and they will put flying mounts in as well with lfd and tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    And if Blizzard is 'allowed' to make new changes to classic, there is no guarantee that they won't make these changes right off at launch version of classic.
    Blizzard owns the game, so they are allowed to do whatever with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Blizzard owns the game, so they are allowed to do whatever with it.
    Probably why he put in quote, Captain Oblivious.