Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I fail to understand how this net neutrality repeal is going to benefit the general public. It's not like the ISP are going to accelerate the speed on some site, they just going to slow down some sites and domains that didn't pay a "premium".

I understand how this create business opportunity for ISPs, but it does not benefit the general public. Shouldn't the lawmakers, elected representative of the general public actually cater to their constituents.
    Why? Money gets you elected in most cases and companies have money. Average joe does not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trying to remove whatever small progress they made to public healthcare.

Electing an orange into office.

Repealing net neutrality.

Horribly incompetant / corrupt government.

Still no friggin gun laws.

Man, sure is a horrible time to be an american. Come on guys, you can do way better than this, stop being a cavalcade of fuckups and fix your damn country.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Oh, so it was hyperbole like I thought, then.
    No - just reality. Nothing more.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Just saying that when liberals ask why we need the second amendment and the ability to own guns to protect ourselves with. This is a good reason for it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This is capitalism for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Just saying that when liberals ask why we need the second amendment and the ability to own guns to protect ourselves with. This is a good reason for it.
    Please explain how the second amendment protects you from ISPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Please explain how the second amendment protects you from ISPs.
    it's meant to protect us from tyrannical governments.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So nothing to do with the subject /facepalm.

Deleted
    Free market on this scale feels like a sham.
    Cost of entry to start up a competing isp is pretty damn high.
    If you piggy back on someone elses infrastructure thry pretty much dictate what you can do.
    I get the impression the major isps in the us stay off eachothers turf so as to not HAVE to compete. And that there is a rich history of asshattery and scams going back to the old dialup and telecom companies. Sticking in hidden fees whereever they thought they could. Changing names etc.

But when they do what ever they want to do, you as the consumer always havr that option between that 1 isp or nothing.
    Or you can setup your own isp business, it is the land of opportunity after all and the free market decides.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Life was better before the Internet. If it kills social media, it will be worth losing Netflix.
    It won't. It will only increase their chokehold on us.

Go charge comcast's HQ with a gun. Be sure to get back to me how it went from jail/the grave
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry! Uncle Donnie means well. He loves the poorly educated. The poorly educated love this FCC guy with the name of a Mayan frog god!
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    Free market on this scale feels like a sham.
    Cost of entry to start up a competing isp is pretty damn high.
    If you piggy back on someone elses infrastructure thry pretty much dictate what you can do.
    I get the impression the major isps in the us stay off eachothers turf so as to not HAVE to compete. And that there is a rich history of asshattery and scams going back to the old dialup and telecom companies. Sticking in hidden fees whereever they thought they could. Changing names etc.

But when they do what ever they want to do, you as the consumer always havr that option between that 1 isp or nothing.
    Or you can setup your own isp business, it is the land of opportunity after all and the free market decides.
    There's a giant wall of federal and local laws that protect the ISPs from competition, there's no free market or competition for ISPs if there was getting rid of net neutrality would be no big deal.

God, I so hope this screws with a lot of 4channers and /r/the_donalders.

Meme magic indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Jack View Post
    Right about what? please explain?
    Right that this will actually free up the ISP market to create more competition and won't put the internet behind a paywall.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Right that this will actually free up the ISP market to create more competition and won't put the internet behind a paywall.
    That would require state and federal laws to be repealed and for ISPs to be broken up, I am not sure how you think repealing this will make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There's a giant wall of federal and local laws that protect the ISPs from competition, there's no free market or competition for ISPs if there was getting rid of net neutrality would be no big deal.
    And there you go in a nutshell. If you're going to allow local monopolies then you better regulate the hell out of them. Unless of course it's your buddies who are running those monopolies.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    EA will probably be a partnet of some Internet provider, so you can have 15% less bandwitch usage when playing Battlefront III (Only if you buy all the DLC's first.)

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    The Americans in your gym should be careful, their foot may fall off.
    Eh? /10char