Deleted

Old Dungeons Scaling

Hello, there!

I was wondering, since I'm probably going to enjoy the new scaling zone system by playing my level 110 DH, together with a friend of mine who's gonna start from scratch very soon, I wanted to know if Blizzard is planning on implement a LFG/LFM tool to queue level cap toons into old dungeons and scale their stats etc.

Is it confirmed yet?
    Are they planning on doing ir ot they didn't consider this at all?

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ex0LL View Post
    Hello, there!

I was wondering, since I'm probably going to enjoy the new scaling zone system by playing my level 110 DH, together with a friend of mine who's gonna start from scratch very soon, I wanted to know if Blizzard is planning on implement a LFG/LFM tool to queue level cap toons into old dungeons and scale their stats etc.

Is it confirmed yet?

What do you guys think?
    The level scaling won't let you play your 110 character with a new character. It fixes the problem of outleveling a zone before you are done there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They do it with timewalking events.

Thankfully they’re not forcing scaling on dungeons.

Also that 110 will be useless for levelling with your friend. Old world zones scale from 1-60 60-80 80-90 etc... not 1-110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    The level scaling won't let you play your 110 character with a new character. It fixes the problem of outleveling a zone before you are done there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They do it with timewalking events.

Also that 110 will be useless for levelling with your friend. Old world zones scale from 1-60 60-80 80-90 etc... not 1-110.
    So what's gonna happen once I enter a 1-60 zone with my 110?
    I mean, I can still level with him with my 110 even if I'm gonna 1shot mobs or..?
    Last edited by mmoc8f878eba78; 2017-12-14 at 10:22 AM.

I mean, I can still level with him with my 110 even if I'm gonna 1shot mobs or..?
    You can do that. But wouldn't be a nicer experience to level with him? I mean, the scaling is there to combat the one shots at lower levels. Is there a rush to get to 110?

Deleted
    You will oneshot everything, you need to be no higher than 60 to play with him, then 80, 90, 100, 110 etc

But you can be lvl 52 and he can be lvl 11 and you can do the same westfall quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mobs will be scaled to 60. If you can one shot level 60 mobs today you will be able to do so there as well.

Hello, there!

Is it confirmed yet?

What do you guys think?
    Thats not how it will work, sorry.
    He'll get no XP at all while grouped with someone that outlevels the content, just like today.

Why thankfully? Scaling would be a good way to prevent people from soloing dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Why thankfully? Scaling would be a good way to prevent people from soloing dungeons.
    And that's why they're thankfully not adding it.

I like soloing old dungeons and raids, it's part of what keeps me playing this game. Collecting transmog and whatnot. Fuck forcing scaling so people can't solo them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    And why would you want that ?

Except that they want people to be able to solo dungeons, which is why they have added a separate scaling system for that purpose. If you enter an old raif or dungeon as a high level character you will take close to 99% reduced damage and will deal a couple 100% more damage to the mobs and bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

If you enter a 1-60 zone as 110 nothing will change, it will be like entering a 1-60 zone today.

And that's why they're thankfully not adding it.

I like soloing old dungeons and raids, it's part of what keeps me playing this game. Collecting transmog and whatnot. Fuck forcing scaling so people can't solo them anymore.
    Sounds very fun... One-shotting bosses to collect another useless skin to put on your character...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds very fun... One-shotting bosses to collect another useless skin to put on your character...
    Useless? I'd take a transmog piece that I really want over a gear upgrade that'll be replaced anywhere in between a week or next expansion any day. Legendary Argus trinket? Fuck that, I want Argrammar's sword and I'll be farming it when he's soloable.

And it is fun. Completing an armor set and being done with a raid or dungeon is much more fun than having to do it in a group forever for the sake of some fucking upgrade.

Don't like it? Go do current content or play something else. Old content will remain soloable outside of Timewalking events forever and thank fuck for that.