Well, I picked Moira on attack in King's Row. Since we already had an Ana. The two of us tried to keep the rest of our team alive but we had both a Widowmaker and a Hanzo which seems to be something I'm cursed with every time I try my hand at competitive or even just quick play. I asked politely if somebody could play Reinhardt or a different tank to help us push on their point but the entire game consisted of a slow trickle of people dying, running out of range and then asking why they weren't getting healed.

The Ana was great and the two of us managed to almost capture the point alone but we ultimately lost thanks to the two snipers staying far away and the rest of our team deciding that they really needed to chase down the enemy Tracer instead of helping their healers fend off a very angry Reinhardt. We died and the timer expired, so we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The balancing is pretty awful. Winston has no ability to regain health, he's pitted against five opponents who each have a wall to block him off, a self heal and the ability to completely freeze him in place. It's not impossible but the odds are tipped in the favour of Mei's team every time.
    You gain 500hp every time you get enough meat I believe.

I was down to 100hp at one point and barely got the last kill. It's the most buttclutching mode I've played so far. They should have buffed his shield a bit in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You gain 500hp every time you get enough meat I believe.

I was down to 100hp at one point and barely got the last kill. It's the most buttclutching mode I've played so far. They should have buffed his shield a bit in my opinion.
    If nothing else at least the related achievements are fairly easy to get for people of all skill levels. That's a neat touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, I picked Moira on attack in King's Row. Since we already had an Ana. The two of us tried to keep the rest of our team alive but we had both a Widowmaker and a Hanzo which seems to be something I'm cursed with every time I try my hand at competitive or even just quick play. I asked politely if somebody could play Reinhardt or a different tank to help us push on their point but the entire game consisted of a slow trickle of people dying, running out of range and then asking why they weren't getting healed.
    honestly man comp IS quick play at this point. When people do this, I just play a hero I suck at since that's exactly what they are doing. It's not worth getting invested playing with a group of losers.

Widow, I don't mind so much... But Hanzo is a very high skill character. Hitscans have a high skill ceiling and are very powerful. Playing them is like lifting weights because you'll gradually get better at them, but Hanzo's skill floor might as well be a fucking mountain. Like... You have to be good at playing Hanzo, without having ever played Hanzo, to actually be any good at him. The likelihood of any player playing him being good is... Extremely unlikely. On top of that, he is not exactly an amazing hero.

I kinda just go with it when people pick Widowmaker though. Might not play the objective much because it's very dangerous, but is always near the team, really good distraction, lives longer than Hanzo players and great at making room for flanks even if they're beyond terrible. She's a really great get out of jail free card for Mercy too and sometimes they get lucky picks or finish something off that's escaped your view.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-14 at 06:52 AM.

I don't get why they give characters this year another winter skin when they got last year already one....
    I mean they look good but other characters should've gotten winter skins and not roadhog and sombra for example
    (same goes to every other event like halloween and reaper/symmetra...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    honestly man comp IS quick play at this point. When people do this, I just play a hero I suck at since that's exactly what they are doing. It's not worth getting invested playing with a group of losers.

Widow, I don't mind so much... But Hanzo is a very high skill character. Hitscans have a high skill ceiling and are very powerful. Playing them is like lifting weights because you'll gradually get better at them, but Hanzo's skill floor might as well be a fucking mountain. Like... You have to be good at playing Hanzo, without having ever played Hanzo, to actually be any good at him. The likelihood of any player playing him being good is... Extremely unlikely. On top of that, he is not exactly an amazing hero.

I kinda just go with it when people pick Widowmaker though. Might not play the objective much because it's very dangerous, but is always near the team, really good distraction, lives longer than Hanzo players and great at making room for flanks even if they're beyond terrible. She's a really great get out of jail free card for Mercy too and sometimes they get lucky picks or finish something off that's escaped your view.
    I kind of disagree with you on this. I main Widowmaker and I consider myself a really good one, mostly due to years of being the AWPer in our CS team. However, regardless how good my aim is and how many kills I get, she doesn't contrubite that much with objectives, as she is pretty awful in close combat (IE, standing on the payload) and her ultimate can't wipe the enemy or be a real game changer. Therefore I avoid her mostly in Comp.

Hanzo however, is a lot stronger than Widowmaker in melee range (as he doens't need to zoom in and be TOO zoomed in as widow). He also has a good ultimate for clearing a payload or a capture point. Yes, he is not the best at surviving or escaping combat and he has a really high skill cap, BUT if you can play he, he can be quite useful in Comp, even more than Widow. But no, I never play Hanzo in comp myself, I play D.Va, Lucio or Mercy, sometimes Soldier. BUT I don't get upset if I see a Hanzo WITH GOOD AIM. If they suck yeah then I agree with you it can ruin a game.

But yeah, overwall, I pick a Soldier over any of these 2 any day of the week.

I find Widow harder to do well on than Hanzo and her skill ceiling is probably higher than his too.

Hanzo is incredibly streaky and inconsistent though so I understand where you're coming from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I can get like 50% scoped accuracy w/ Widow but I'm not consistent enough to be good at her. I can't play Hanzo for shit though

been having a pretty good day so far. tight comp with a team full of shitters, picked the torb and farmed widow and torb all match. not the way i like to win games, but hey if your teams pretty hopeless and you can hand them a 4v5 then why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I can get like 50% scoped accuracy w/ Widow but I'm not consistent enough to be good at her. I can't play Hanzo for shit though

been having a pretty good day so far. tight comp with a team full of shitters, picked the torb and farmed widow and torb all match. not the way i like to win games, but hey if your teams pretty hopeless and you can hand them a 4v5 then why not?
    Do not get too fixated with this. I never cared about statistics of my shots. To get good, you need to shoot a lot! Don't plan too much, just go with your gut! One shot too much beats one shot to little! Widowmaker requires both a lot of practise and good reflexes.

A friend who played some professional CS briefly, tried Overwatch and he annihilated the enemy team (he queued with his level one with some of us, so avarage level was like 250 people) and those who didn't think he was a smurf reported him for cheating. 4k hours (most of AWP) in CS made him a god with Widow too

Point is, if you are a sniper by heart, widow is a lot easier to learn. If you are not the sniper-type of player, then learning widow can take a lot of time.

This game is just completely pointless. If you're stuck at gold or plat there's no climbing from there, not even if you're god amongst mortals (which I know I'm not). You either have to carry 5 completely useless players all the time or just accept defeat. I'm mostly playing tank or support (because of others instapicking dps and doing nothing) and still getting golds on dmg and elims. I just want to quit this shit game for good...or get a clean slate from the start and not get placed to the same rank even if I win 10-0 placements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    This game is just completely pointless. If you're stuck at gold or plat there's no climbing from there, not even if you're god amongst mortals (which I know I'm not). You either have to carry 5 completely useless players all the time or just accept defeat. I'm mostly playing tank or support (because of others instapicking dps and doing nothing) and still getting golds on dmg and elims. I just want to quit this shit game for good...or get a clean slate from the start and not get placed to the same rank even if I win 10-0 placements
    Story of my life...

Seems impossible to get to Diamond+ if you solo queue. People are bad or don't take the game serious.

However, if you want to, we could group up, increase our chances. I play D.Va or Lucio in comp, but can play anything else if needed as well.

Deleted
    I'm having the precise opposite experience, I've been climbing consistently for the last 3 weeks, placing just below gold at the beginning of the season and now I'm low plat. I play a lot of Zen and find that calling out my discords in voice really helps people focus fire, and on top of that, I subtly influence our target priority by discording who I think should die first.

Solo-queue is working quite well, I actually find my winrate drops when I group, but that might be due to the massive SR disparity between me and the group I play with. Who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    people are always mad they aren't climbing out of their rank and it's the dumbest mindset you could have going into competitive. being a higher rank won't give you better teammates because competitive isn't competitive - you are never truly facing or playing with your peers. you could reach the rank that you desire and you would still be just as unhappy, maybe even more unhappy at that rank than you were at your previous rank.

don't want to play support or tank because you know you're better than DPS players at your rank? Just play DPS. It sounds stupid to say "it's just a game" but people need to stop taking Competitive Play seriously because it has become Quick Play and it doesn't deserve the respect of being a competitive platform if Blizzard is not going to treat it like one.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear every time I am grouped with a stack it's always a loss or you have to deal with someone who's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards placement system is so broken lmao. The quality of placement matches is dogshit and its very possible to win 0/10 games due to throwers and players leaving, and then tank your rating by 700. This season I won 14/15 games (including a 10 win streak) after my placements because it just flat out got my rating wrong. On the flip side, the system also seems to put placement players by themselves in ranked matches. I cannot tell you the amount of times I've seen a team get absolutely carried by a placement player.
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2017-12-16 at 07:20 AM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    tonight was going so well until i approached like 200 sr from my season high

so im in this game right? killing the supports etc. win the teamfight on control and i have 20hp so i go to get a healthpack. NO ONE caps the point. What the actual fuck...? This is what I'm talking about when I say this game isn't competitive.

There was also this gem:

Hanzo: Tracer can u switch?

I don't know, can you find the objective? What the fuck is this, an easter egg hunt? I'm so pissed off rn >___>

10+ Year Old Account
    tonight was going so well until i approached like 200 sr from my season high

so im in this game right? killing the supports etc. win the teamfight on control and i have 20hp so i go to get a healthpack. NO ONE caps the point. What the actual fuck...? This is what I'm talking about when I say this game isn't competitive.

There was also this gem:

Hanzo: Tracer can u switch?

I don't know, can you find the objective? What the fuck is this, an easter egg hunt? I'm so pissed off rn >___>
    It's okay man, I was just in a match where our Rein has gold damage and I had Silver as Orisa. Also heard this gem earlier "you take competitive seriously? I'm just doing it for xp". I mean I don't blame them, the quality of quick play matches is pretty garbage.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    It's okay man, I was just in a match where our Rein has gold damage and I had Silver as Orisa. Also heard this gem earlier "you take competitive seriously? I'm just doing it for xp". I mean I don't blame them, the quality of quick play matches is pretty garbage.
    Personally I don't like to use medals as a measurement of player competence. It's just become a defense for too many people to defend how badly they are playing. If Reinhardt gets an Earthshatter and Fire Strikes 3 people and gets a swing on them, that is not a paltry amount of damage. I'm not saying I don't feel you tho - a lot of DPS mains are useless trash and I'm not calling you out, but just about every time someone brings up medals they seem to be full of it.

For example, had a Winston in my match today complaining he had gold damage. It was because he never dived with team. It was an awful, terrible attack round so I'm not surprised. But we go on defense and I murder everything as Genji. Doesn't listen to anything I said, takes all of the advice I gave him as picking on him lol

Even though it would make sense for me to use them against players because I mostly play flankers and my damage done should line up pretty closely with Elimination x 200 plus a little change for Tanks or Bastion since I'm supposed to kill enemy players in a very short period of time, doing that would only encourage someone like a Junkrat main to defend their pick despite the fact enemy team has Zarya & Pharah and to say the problem isn't them because they have gold damage.

It's really Blizzard's fault players like this are even in the game mode to begin with, but don't expect them to take responsibility for it - they don't think they can do anything wrong, we just need to be nicer to each other I definitely sympathize on the matter of how repugnant the quality of quick play matches are, but I don't know man. You got me between a rock and a hard place on that one.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-16 at 08:34 AM.

Ugh, can't do shit the last few games. I pick support I have team members that expect a support to keep them alive when they go in 1v6, to damage I spend 1/2 the game running away to get health packs because the support heal beam/orb the tank taking no damage behind their shield. Go tank on a 2 tank comp and now I find myself alone on the payload trying to keep the enemy from moving it, while my team tries to trickle flank around and keep getting picked off.
    Just played a game with an annoying 12 yo sounding kid who tried making the entire team about what he wanted. Kept telling Mercy to pocket him while on Pharah, then got on Bastion during Payload and demanded everything centered around him. I get that Bastion comps are made around him, but we didn't have a comp for him to do it and we even said not to go Bastion because of it. Think 1/2 way thru the game the entire team had him muted.

7+ Year Old Account
    after a long time, i finally wanted to try comp again.

we were on eichenwalde, attacking.

some guy picked moira, as moira is quite new i of course inspected him to see how many hours he had on her.
    surprise surprise he barely played her for 2 hours.
    then there was the torb, that told us he would switch if it didnt work out.
    now guess what didnt work out and what he didnt want to do over the entire match.
    then there was the sombra, that guy does certainly not know that he can hack health packs.

the last 2 guys picked mercy and d.va.
    i wanted to pick orisa as we lacked a tank and she's the only tank i can play somewhat well.
    then they kept yelling at me to switch to rein, even tho i kept repeating that rein is my weakest hero.
    after a bit, i gave in before they started throwing before the match began.

now.
    the d.va kept her distance as if she was a long range hero, the moira played assassin, torb kept hammering his turret that kept getting destroyed, mercy acted as if i didnt exist and the sombra thinks she's tracers and just randomly ults while everyone else is dead or not anywhere near to do anything important.

no.
    more.
    comp.

but something did get better since season 5.
    no one left mid match!

that's an improvement.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-12-17 at 11:21 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Just had this amazing game,first round we pushed the payload like 3feat from last point in a very good time and everything went super good.
    Next round at defence one person rage cuz' a healer died in the end of first round and then pick sombra and AFK at spawn until we lost.

Like,why do people do this?!
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.