Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    person is asking how stagger works, you really think he is progressing on mythic avatar and kj as brm?
    If the player is new to something this is exactly why you need to be clear and specify stuff like that. Basically saying "forget about this button" doesn't really help.

just make thing easy, when stagger turn to red, push button of purifying brew.

Quote Originally Posted by olzenkhaw View Post
    just make thing easy, when stagger turn to red, push button of purifying brew.
    The moment you hit anything resembling difficulty content you will purify yourself out of charges in a heartbeat.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Use this addon - https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/brewmastertools with this Weak Aura - https://wago.io/NormalStagger

Ignore the default UI stagger meter

"This displays stagger, relative to the damage staggered in the last 10 seconds, rather than as a percent of your Max Health (which is how the default UI displays stagger).

The intent is to simplify the decision-making process for brew utilization, in as general a sense as possible.

COLOUR OF BAR = How big the Stagger is as a percentage of your max HP
    LENGTH OF BAR = How big the Stagger is in relation to damage taken over the last 10* seconds (adjusted for boss mechanics)

These are both important - Size of Stagger tells you how much damage it will do, and size relative to damage intake is indicative of when it's a good idea to cast purifying brew.

To use this weakaura:
    Grey - do not purify
    Yellow or Orange - purify if the bar is nearly (70% - 80%) full, and you are not about to take a large spike of stagger (e.g. Spear of Nightmares)
    Red - purify if the bar is more than 50% full, or you are about to take a large amount of direct damage that pierces stagger (e.g. Eye of Fate)
    Magenta - purify if you are taking any damage at all that isn't stagger.
    Keep Ironskin Brew up for all melee swings.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by bbj View Post
    Title... I just don't get it... when do I need to press/use stagger? How does it actually work??
    You take damage
    Except you don't
    Except then you do

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You take damage
    Except you don't
    Except then you do
    More like
    You take damage, but you don't really care about it as you're roleplaying a drunk. Class fantasy.

Stagger or BrM needs quite some rework imo. Right now all other tanks don't need heal in trivial content like daly heroics, time walking, low mythics, etc... while Brewmasters still need constant healing. It's true they don't spike but slowly go down and thus I feel a lot weaker with my BrM than any other tank.

So i just started messing around with my BrM tank and from what I read, basically every 5.5 seconds I have to either ironskin or purify it off? That seems like alot to keep up with in addition to all the other tank crap going on.

Quote Originally Posted by warmachinist View Post
    So i just started messing around with my BrM tank and from what I read, basically every 5.5 seconds I have to either ironskin or purify it off? That seems like alot to keep up with in addition to all the other tank crap going on.
    No
    You keep Ironskin on 100% of the time
    You purify when your stagger is to high (which is not when the debuff turns red) Get a good weakaura for it or pay attention to your health. If its dropping and your healer can't keep up you need to purify.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No
    You keep Ironskin on 100% of the time
    You purify when your stagger is to high (which is not when the debuff turns red) Get a good weakaura for it or pay attention to your health. If its dropping and your healer can't keep up you need to purify.
    Right, and its a 6 second buff, so I need to reapply it every 6 seconds?

You can stack multiple uses in a row. Max duration is 3x base (24sec with full artifact)

But yes, your pressing it it roughly every 6 seconds while doing your dps rotation and using your other cd buttons are needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Stagger or BrM needs quite some rework imo. Right now all other tanks don't need heal in trivial content like daly heroics, time walking, low mythics, etc... while Brewmasters still need constant healing. It's true they don't spike but slowly go down and thus I feel a lot weaker with my BrM than any other tank.
    They could just make T20 baseline, 100% proc chance and maybe even slightly buff GotO healing.

Then remove the base GotO spawning mechanic. It would be more balanced as we don't really need 2 scaling healing/mitigation mechanics (purify+GotO spawning).

It would probably be nerf on high damage situations but then again the current mechanic is just ridiculous overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

If you're having troubles with keeping ISB up, you can always do some mechanics like use ISB after every keg smash (I like to do it that way because KS is a 4 sec off CD for the brews). There are multiples ways : Use ISB before starting any fight and then keep it up after every KS. Or use the first 3 ISB after KS > BoF > KS and then only KS.
    Of course that's assuming you have all the traits (just in case, because it's harder to keep it up if you don't have the longer stagger trait or legendary).

I personally have a weak aura in the middle of my screen with the amount of brew charges I have that is red if ISB duration is over 18 seconds and turns green if it goes under (aka an ISB use will not be wasted on the duration cap) and then I just press the button whenever it turns green.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I personally have a weak aura in the middle of my screen with the amount of brew charges I have that is red if ISB duration is over 18 seconds and turns green if it goes under (aka an ISB use will not be wasted on the duration cap) and then I just press the button whenever it turns green.
    Eh, that's smart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it okay to let Ironbrew skin fall off to clear stagger?
    If it would ever come to that?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Is it okay to let Ironbrew skin fall off to clear stagger?
    If it would ever come to that?
    Wait what? You want to clear delayed damage by receiving more directly? I can't think of anything where it would be beneficial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well if the debuff gets super huge..

If it gets super huge its still huge when you get it in half and then the extra dmg from the next hit + huge stagger is still going to kill you.

More chance that healers can keep up with the Super huge stagger and reduced hits then normal hits + huge stagger.

It is still better than getting direct hits without ISB up.

You need to learn when it's fine to let the stagger grow bigger for bigger purifies and when you're fine with purifying medium portions.