Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea how to improve the group tool for pugs

There are two really annoying things. People who link fake curve, and people who open pugs demanding curve wihtout having it on themselves.

My idea is to add two checkboxes to the tool which can checl. One for normal achievement and one for heroic. You can only check these boxes if you have the achievement yourslef, and only those with the achievement can see the group, similar to ilvl requirements.

That will be bypassed the same way the ilvl box is bypassed.

How is it bypassed? If I don't see a set ilvl requirement I won't join these phoney 950+ groups, and so shouldn't do everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    How is it bypassed? If I don't see a set ilvl requirement I won't join these phoney 950+ groups, and so shouldn't do everybody else.
    But even if you don't post an ilvl, you can always just only invite people above 950

Allow addons to configure a customizable expression covering achievements/scores etc. to use as a filter or as a hover frame
    Allow addons to make clickable links directly to armory/wowprogress/raider.io

There are two really annoying things. People who link fake curve, and people who open pugs demanding curve wihtout having it on themselves.

My idea is to add two checkboxes to the tool which can checl. One for normal achievement and one for heroic. You can only check these boxes if you have the achievement yourslef, and only those with the achievement can see the group, similar to ilvl requirements.
    I support this idea. +1

10+ Year Old Account
    would totally support this
    this fake achiev addons are such a dumb thing

Or Something that tracks the statistics account wide so you are able to join with an alt that didnt have the kill but the tools sees that you have the kill on your account so you can join

Curve is account-wide.

Well, since that ilvl can't be lower than the group leader's ilvl, it's actually safer to queue for THOSE groups.

People not setting the ilvl and asking for 950 are usually lot that ilvl and just want to be carried.

Deleted

Thats a stupid idea. A friend of mine didn't forced the Heroic achievment in week one, could not find a group in week 2 because of no curve, faked achievment, joined group, oneshottet argus while performing in the top 2. An achievment should be an achievment and not a ticket to join pugs.

I never asked for curved. I check wowprogress/armory/warcraftlogs before I invite anyone. Checking raidlead too if he asked for curved, but I prefer to build my own groups and give everyone a chance, even if they don't have curved.

You are doing well in M+, invite.
    You cleared nhc with an overall 85+ performance, invite.
    You clered HC with shitty performance on warcraftlogs? Nice try buddy.
    Missing gems and enchants? Nope.
    etc.

Sure this is way more work to do and you miss a player or two because your invite takes time. But you usually don't get the bad crop who stands in fire, don't play the mechanics etc. If you don't know what to do at the boss, fine with me. I am a very vocal raidlead who has no issues to call out every important mechanic and what people have to do for it. Usually its just: Spread, stack, left, right, debuffs out and calling healing cds when needed. Usually I only pug in another group to rank a bit (Keeping an eye on the raid while performing your rotation 100% isn't something I am capable off).
    Last edited by mmocc439c57469; 2017-12-13 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Thats a stupid idea. A friend of mine didn't forced the Heroic achievment in week one, could not find a group in week 2 because of no curve, faked achievment, joined group, oneshottet argus while performing in the top 2. An achievment should be an achievment and not a ticket to join pugs.

I never asked for curved. I check wowprogress/armory/warcraftlogs before I invite anyone. Checking raidlead too if he asked for curved, but I prefer to build my own groups and give everyone a chance, even if they don't have curved.

You are doing well in M+, invite.
    You cleared nhc with an overall 85+ performance, invite.
    You clered HC with shitty performance on warcraftlogs? Nice try buddy.
    Missing gems and enchants? Nope.
    etc.

Sure this is way more work to do and you miss a player or two because your invite takes time. But you usually don't get the bad crop who stands in fire, don't play the mechanics etc. If you don't know what to do at the boss, fine with me. I am a very vocal raidlead who has no issues to call out every important mechanic and what people have to do for it. Usually its just: Spread, stack, left, right, debuffs out and calling healing cds when needed. Usually I only pug in another group to rank a bit (Keeping an eye on the raid while performing your rotation 100% isn't something I am capable off).
    Then your firend is bad and I wouldn't want him in my CURVED group. He can apply somewhere else.

Then your firend is bad and I wouldn't want him in my CURVED group. He can apply somewhere else.
    You should keep reading and not stop at the first sentence

Stopped when I read he isn't curved. All I need to know.

I like the old, joining a guild and making a few friends addon. even if they aren't perfectly geared you still have a good time.

a few more filters wouldn't bother me either.

AoTC only counts for the last boss, and anyone can buy a carry these days.

I'd like mythic + range listings (like search between +10 to +12 cause that's where I am comfortable on my toon)

When people que up for a mythic plus it shows their highest clear? (same applies to this about buying carries so not sure)

When listing for a mythic +, you put your key in a slot in the Group Finder window, and it lists it for you

Invisible requirements like, I can't see heroic listings until I full clear normal on at least one toon on my account

15+ Year Old Account
    Stopped when I read he isn't curved. All I need to know.
    People in pugs have said they got curve by dying in p1 and getting carried. It ain't some magical I'm good achivment

Thumbs down No Need We Need More Help for Each other not More Filters to keep 70% outside...

The ONLY way to improve this crap is to erase the curve achievements completly. Some years ago no one cares about this dumbshit. U invited 25 blue geared dudes to have fun together not making a wishlist to have it easy as fuck. THIS is the only point in wow who is broken no one wants to play MMO style in an MMO. everybody wants all and in one raid id. no one tests an encounter just following an fucking video guide. and to build an raid only for curved players isnt mmo like. to take gold for helping another isnt mmo like. and as example because thats happened to me if an lvl 6 char asks a mage for a port it isnt nice and helpfull to get the answer to do so by 500gold inc fckn prostitute? in an mmo community should be helping each other a big point not inviting 100% clearing dudes who only want more free stuff instead of helping others to reach that level and having more possible players. so take ur checkboxes and leave....

pugs are the worst...oh we wiped once better leave! no tool on earth is gonna save this mentality.

Deleted
    The problem is the flexible ID system. Ofc it sucked when you wiped on bosses or your group disbanded, but you wouldnt just leave bc of one wipe. It ruined your ID for the whole week.

Allow inspection though the group finder tool and have it display a simple raid/dungeon history.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodar121 View Post
    The problem is the flexible ID system. Ofc it sucked when you wiped on bosses or your group disbanded, but you wouldnt just leave bc of one wipe. It ruined your ID for the whole week.
    This. So much this. People rarely left my pugs back in the day because they'd be screwed out of an entire week's worth. Now a tank DCs and causes a wipe and you see half the group leave, even when the run has been flawless up until that point :P