Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    They passed those already, municipal broadband is illegal in many places in the US. Can't have competition now can we? Comcast etc own the lines, that were installed with tax payer money.
    And they will own more, so much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya'll can watch the live vote here...
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/14/politi...est/index.html
    I'd do it, but these Korean soap operas wont watch themselves.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Legislation will contain clauses preventing states from enacting their own consumer protections.
    That's the part that should've made Congress as a whole stand the fuck up and tell the FCC to get out. Specifically barring other groups from enabling consumer protection is in no way defensible, and completely contrary to half of the FCC's argument of "we shouldn't regulate this because it's not our job." Cool, you won't let it be anyone else's, either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow, I'm watching this live feed.

This is just... idiocy (or straight up propaganda) personified.

He makes fun of pro net neutrality standpoints because it's based on feelings.

Then goes on to talk about how "medical data and autonomous cars take priority over cat videos".

Well no shit. How does someone get into the FCC while having no clue about how the internet works?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post

Then goes on to talk about how "medical data and autonomous cars take priority over cat videos".

Well no shit. How does someone get into the FCC while having no clue about how the internet works?
    Funny part is that removing Net Neutrality means that your ISP could lower the priority of medical data and autonomous cars in favor of cat videos.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Pretty much everything he's saying is intended to sway a low-information audience. Just like Ajit Pai's various embarrassing videos and statements. Every single person that has knowledge more than an inch deep on this stuff is ashamed of the crap coming out of the mouth of someone in that office.

Funny part is that removing Net Neutrality means that your ISP could lower the priority of medical data and autonomous cars in favor of cat videos.
    Psst, don't let the cats know you are onto them. That way you may survive in the slave pits instead of being killed on their path to world domination.

He knows how it works he is a corporate shill, good luck to him making those arguments in court.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Pretty much everything he's saying is intended to sway a low-information audience. Just like Ajit Pai's various embarrassing videos and statements. Every single person that has knowledge more than an inch deep on this stuff is ashamed of the crap coming out of the mouth of someone in that office.
    Yeah, I couldn't watch it for very long. It's funny because everything they were saying is line-for-line what @PrimaryColor has used as arguments in this thread. When he was asked to back them up, he just kept going back to the same lines over and over without any real backing for those talking points.

I haven't really watched these FCC dick heads talk before, but it's kind of surreal reading all of the arguments against net neutrality that nobody could really back up themselves, and then realizing the FCC dick squad is the ones that have been feeding these lines to gullible people.

I guess they cross-bred humans and parrots, because all I'm seeing is the same lines repeated over and over again rather than people thinking for themselves, reading the bill and what it protects, etc.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Net Neutrality will be defended. (Y)

Just listened to a few of the people speaking on different things.

Pai is, very noticably, a corporate douchebag shill. Even half of the things he is talking about is either absolutely false or grossly over simplified. The woman who spoke before him was spot on with the many issues revolving around the FCC and even consideration to remove net neutrality. That said, the thing I find amusing is that Pai is making statements as if internet development will cease because of Net Neutrality, when in truth, many companies are thriving even more now than they ever have - because of the neutral environment by which they can operate in. They don't have to fear Comcast or Time Warner from essentially destroying them by not paying them the corporate equivalent to protection money each month.

It does seem (from what I gleaned thusfar) at least 3 of the commissioners support net neutrality. This is a good thing, hopefully Pai can be done away with before he robs a good bit of the future from many americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyclone View Post
    Just listened to a few of the people speaking on different things.

Pai is, very noticably, a corporate douchebag shill. Even half of the things he is talking about is either absolutely false or grossly over simplified. The woman who spoke before him was spot on with the many issues revolving around the FCC and even consideration to remove net neutrality. That said, the thing I find amusing is that Pai is making statements as if internet development will cease because of Net Neutrality, when in truth, many companies are thriving even more now than they ever have - because of the neutral environment by which they can operate in. They don't have to fear Comcast or Time Warner from essentially destroying them by not paying them the corporate equivalent to protection money each month.

It does seem (from what I gleaned thusfar) at least 3 of the commissioners support net neutrality. This is a good thing, hopefully Pai can be done away with before he robs a good bit of the future from many americans.
    Only need three no votes to keep Net Neutrality. It's a simple majority of the five person panel.

Side note... could be a bomb threat. Room was just evacuated.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Only need three no votes to keep Net Neutrality. It's a simple majority of the five person panel.

Side note... could be a bomb threat. Room was just evacuated.
    Or maybe everyone realised that Pai's shit eating grin was from literally eating shit every morning and the stench forced people to evacuate.

On a side note, can you Swat a government building? Like how you can Swat streamers? Hmmm...

Well, I suppose now we get to see all this exciting new "innovation"?

10+ Year Old Account
    And it's gone. Ah well, nothing us non corporate Americans coulda done I guess.

-Kujako-

In regards to this vote? Almost certainly not. But apparently this is going to be challenged in the courts (Probably not a lot you can do there) and it can be overturned by Congress, and that's where you guys can actually do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    In regards to this vote? Almost certainly not. But apparently this is going to be challenged in the courts (Probably not a lot you can do there) and it can be overturned by Congress, and that's where you guys can actually do something.
    If I couldn't afford to buy a member of the FCC panel, I can't afford a member of Congress.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    At this point...

As a republican (or technically a libertarian). I will actually vote democrat to try and get these particular republicans removed from office. I seriously wish there was enough moderate republicans around that could push out the wingbats and corporate shills that created this nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich
    Liberals are against discrimination, except when it coincides with their own personal hatreds. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor
    Yah because I'm stroking my evil lapcat while sitting in my Ivory tower of oppression built on the skulls of those less fortunate.

So who of you will buy The Ultimate Gaming Connection Bundle to keep on playing?

Blame every conservative you know that voted for Donald Trump. They voted for you and everyone they know to be sold out by the Trump administration to huge corporations. Cut off contact and shame them for what they’ve done to hurt those around them.

- - - Updated - - -

Take it out on every conservative that voted in 2016 to sell off their friends and family to corporations.