Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    No, they're tuned in for Heroic to Mythic gear (depending on the boss) excluding WF/TF drops, which is the problem. Before we got nerfs on the dungeons the longer the content was out for, now Blizzard relies WF/TF drops for people who can't kill the bosses without them.

So the only thing that has really changed is that people can't get BiS gear anymore and that the races only consist of one or two bosses.

After all Mythic content is made for people who want the challenge, not for people who want to cruise through it.
    I would argue that even though the bosses obviously aren't as hard as ToS for example, I still think they are going to be decent challenges for the vast majority of the mythic raiding population. Personally I would rather have the bosses be fun than hard, obviously you can have both and overall enjoyment is a mix of both, thats just how I feel anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Why are ppl acting so retarded?
    Did you forget what website you were on?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    what is wrong with you
    autism clearly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    320 wipes is like lei shen, garrosh, blackhand... what's the problem with that? seems ideal

previous bosses could have been tougher
    previous bosses could have been tested less. They probably have over a 1000 wipes on all those other bosses from PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    previous bosses could have been tested less. They probably have over a 1000 wipes on all those other bosses from PTR.
    You do know we get about 1-3 hours on the PTR at most to test bosses, right? Sure, we can log on and do LFR, but what's the point of that?
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    I would argue that even though the bosses obviously aren't as hard as ToS for example, I still think they are going to be decent challenges for the vast majority of the mythic raiding population. Personally I would rather have the bosses be fun than hard, obviously you can have both and overall enjoyment is a mix of both, thats just how I feel anyway.
    As long as the instance is more difficult than Heroic its going to be a challenge for the "majority" but thats besides the point. With WF/TF system the raid will be easier for HC raiders if its balanced around non-proc gear, if its balanced around proc'd gear then its going to be way too difficult in the end for the majority. WF/TF system is just bad for raiding no matter how you put it.

WF/TF system is just bad for raiding no matter how you put it.
    And absolutely amazing for casual player retention, which is why it'll never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    And absolutely amazing for casual player retention, which is why it'll never go away.
    As a casual I hate this system. The TF mechanic in ToT was better than this "anything can happen" system we have now.

As long as the instance is more difficult than Heroic its going to be a challenge for the "majority" but thats besides the point. With WF/TF system the raid will be easier for HC raiders if its balanced around non-proc gear, if its balanced around proc'd gear then its going to be way too difficult in the end for the majority. WF/TF system is just bad for raiding no matter how you put it.
    Maybe bad for competitive raiding but not bad for the larger percentage of more casual raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Maybe bad for competitive raiding but not bad for the larger percentage of more casual raiders.
    We're 1/11 mythic and pretty casual and everyone I know thinks it's awful.

My friends in a one day/week casual guild that are 1/11 heroic also think it's awful.

It devalues everything you do in raiding.

The only people you could make an argument for it being 'good' for are the players who just do world quests and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

My friends in a one day/week casual guild that are 1/11 heroic also think it's awful.

The only people you could make an argument for it being 'good' for are the players who just do world quests and nothing else.
    sadly people who does WQ/LFR are the majority =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I may be alone in this, but I'd rate Dragon Soul in my top3 favorit raids of all time.
    I loved it as well. The game design was great back in the day.

Seems like Exorsus got World 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancptr View Post
    For a casual player that never goes up in the bracket, aka does quests/LFR all expansion and still has the chance to get better loot. Bad for everyone that wants to progress in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Its bad for raiding all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post

Only your opinion means shit if you can't complete mythic in 1 week mate. And your friend's guild who can't beat 2nd boss on hc lmao.

All I am thinking is 'good, now they wont do 30 nerfs on many bosses by the time we get there, we will just have to fight them in a similar state to what the world first guild did'. This in my opinion is much healthier for the raiding community than 'Oh you killed KJ after 5 nerfs, the fight was completely different than after nerf 1 or 2, you SUCC'. But yeah, ppl fail to realise the simplest things
    Last edited by Soluna; 2017-12-14 at 06:02 PM.

Exorsus comp should be more melee-heavy i think, last time i checked they had 2 fury warriors, multiple rogues, ret and even an enh shaman.

ouch exorsus gm just told sloot they had a 2.1% wipe before methods kill yesterday

People don't seem to like this tier because it is "too easy". Well for me at least wiping 400 times on a boss is not fun. This tier has been awesome so far, we can make decent progress and still have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    You do know we get about 1-3 hours on the PTR at most to test bosses, right? Sure, we can log on and do LFR, but what's the point of that?
    Yet many guilds killed 5-6 (or 7 :P) bosses in 3 hours' time. I'm not saying that Blizzard gets perfect data from PTR, but in many ways, their testing process is deeply flawed (even if it's a lot better than no testing at all). And in Legion, the disparity between what your character looks like in a PTR testing session and what it does on live is greater than ever, and it's really disappointing that designers failed to realize it this time around.

Class stacking or mechanic cheesing aside, a lot of boss difficulty comes down to tuning, your raids power relative to boss numbers. Even mechanically very simple bosses can be hard, if the numbers support it - you can have mechanically simple overlaps that are really tough to heal through on bosses like Varimathras for example.

Even without actively participating in WF race this tier, I find that the tuning on the first 10 bosses was very lenient, making potential 40-60 pull bosses something like 5-10 pull bosses. Aggramar as the penultimate boss, for example, could have been HEAPS more punishing, so instead of a 60 pull boss, it would have been a 150-200 pull boss for most guild.

But hey, that's just my opinion. I don't know what lead Blizzard team to tune the bosses the way they did, but I'm willing to bet that it wasn't what they were going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    ouch exorsus gm just told sloot they had a 2.1% wipe before methods kill yesterday
    Ye well, you know that Limit could also tell Sloot that they had a 0.02% wipe, right? Means shit without proof ^^