LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So does other illnesses not banned
    Which ones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Which ones?
    You require a long list? Point is the current rules were put in place in a time before medical advances so it's due a revaluation

Deleted
    You require a long list? Point is the current rules were put in place in a time before medical advances so it's due a revaluation
    Yes I do... because it's relevạnt?

The point is, Diabetes 1 is treatable too and you live a normal life just like everyone else.
    You are allowed to drive cars too. So why is it different?

Why ban people from driving trucks, but not cars etc?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-12-14 at 05:41 PM.

I don't think the rule should exist but there should be some social consequences for making stupid choices or people will continue to make them.

Deleted
    Yes I do... because it's relevạnt?

The point is, Diabetes 1 is treatable too.
    And perhaps Diabetes Type 1 will be removed too

Deleted
    And perhaps Diabetes Type 1 will be removed too
    So what will happen if the pilot collapses mid flight then?
    Who will be held responsible?

Maybe the rules should stay in place and that one random fucker should look for a different job, tough luck. People with bad eyesight, even though they can wear glasses to improve it, aren't allowed to fly either.

Deleted
    So what will happen if the pilot collapses mid flight then?
    Who will be held responsible?

Maybe the rules should stay in place and that one random fucker should look for a different job, tough luck. People with bad eyesight, even though they can wear glasses to improve it, aren't allowed to fly either.
    Again that can happen regardless

Deleted
    Again that can happen regardless
    So what? It's far more likely to happen when you have Diabetes 1....

Deleted
    So what? It's far more likely to happen when you have Diabetes 1....
    We're talking about HIV

Deleted
    Which requires you to take medicine to make it bearable just like Diabetes 1.

So...? Do you start to realize it?

Deleted
    Which requires you to take medicine to make it bearable just like Diabetes 1.

So...? Do you start to realize it?
    And I don't know one HIV+ person that suffers spontaneous issues due to HIV. Again there's other illnesses exempt

Deleted
    And I don't know one HIV+ person that suffers spontaneous issues due to HIV. Again there's other illnesses exempt
    You don't even know a HIV+ person.

And again, which ones?

I know you don't know which ones and which ones are not, which is the main reason I'm asking - still fun though.

A spontaneous issue is a freaking stroke btw, which is more likely to happen due to the medication required. Just saying.
    Oh and lets not forget that you are actually far more likely to get diabetes...or polyneuropathy
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-12-14 at 05:59 PM.

Uhu... and..? Both fuck you up if you don't take your medicine.

HIV medicine has side effects, and you are more likely to get a stroke and all that shit.
    Diabetes messes you up sometimes if you do take your medicine too. You often have to guess your dosage because labels are garbage sometimes, if they're provided at all. Your blood sugar needs to be over 5 to drive a car, and you have to check every 2 hours. That's not very practical in a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    To argue a different side of things. Planes are nothing more than flying balls of germs contained in metal. If I was positive, I wouldnt want to subject my immune system to such a place. Norovirus runs rampant in spaces like airplanes and cruise ships.
    You realise this isn't the 1980's right? The medications that are available now reduce the HIV-virus to such a low, undetectable level that anybody having proper treatment is no less or more prone to somebody that doesn't have the virus. Your immune system only becomes more depleted the more that the HIV is developed within your system, so for someone who's taking medication it's literally undetectable.

It's a pretty stupid rule honestly.

Deleted
    You don't even know a HIV+ person.

And again, which ones?

I know you don't know which ones and which ones are not, which is the main reason I'm asking - still fun though.

A spontaneous issue is a freaking stroke btw, which is more likely to happen due to the medication required. Just saying.
    Oh and lets not forget that you are actually far more likely to get Diabetes...
    Considering my brother has been HIV+ for 20 years, my ex for 10 and a few friends

Uhu... and..? Both fuck you up if you don't take your medicine.

HIV medicine has side effects, and you are more likely to get a stroke and all that shit.
    So does a lot of medication, as well as a lot of life and environmental factors - just because it's a risk it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Getting on a plane is a risk alone in itself.

Deleted
    Considering my brother has been HIV+ for 20 years, my ex for 10 and a few friends
    Nah

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    So does a lot of medication, as well as a lot of life and environmental factors - just because it's a risk it doesn't mean it's going to happen. Getting on a plane is a risk alone in itself.
    Which means we shouldn't regulate at all.
    A risk is a risk, the rules are supposed to reduce the risks

Regulate what exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Regulate what exactly?
    Who gets to fly a plane

Deleted
    Nah

A risk is a risk, the rules are supposed to reduce the risks
    I see you're just trolling ok