Page 23 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So is it now law? or are there other steps for this shit show to be implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    It upsets liberals, that's their only requirement.
    I am starting to believe that people on t_d would actually take a bullet to the head if it meant it would upset liberals... Sure a bit of an exaggeration, but, we still have 3-7 more years of Trump so who knows how far that place is going to progress.

The sky is falling now we are going back to the dark days of the internet, remember back in 2015 before net neutrality and everything costs money and ISP’s charged you for every email you sent?

Me either, I doubt this will do much.

maybe it's just me but I don't feel any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    3. Get the hell of Comcast. They're going to jack up prices and slow speeds. Guess what? Go to another company that isn't. Other company has the ability to be competetive now. With Net Neutrality, ISPs are almost all the exact same company because the government is making them be. Now they can try and be their own company and flourish..
    What to do when Comcast is the only service provider in the area?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    So is it now law? or are there other steps for this shit show to be implemented?
    No, it's not law. Net Neutrality was a regulation created and implemented by an Executive department; things have just returned to how they were prior to that regulation was implemented.

There are two ways that the FCC's ruling can be challenged. The first is a judicial challenge; I don't suspect their attempt to ban state governments from enacting state-level net neutrality will survive court scrutiny. The second is a legislative challenge; Congress can simply pass a law that reinstates net neutrality and the FCC can't do shit about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

i think this title should be USA, because Im fine in the uk, except net is always slow due to lack of fiber
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

You should all recognize a few really big things.

1. Net Neutrality wasn't something we ever had until just a few years ago. Everythine was, more or less, the same as it was before.

2. The absense of Net Neutrality doesn't inherently mean things cost more money. It means the ISPs, for example, actually have control over their own company. This may or may not be an actual good thing. They could abuse it and we're screwed. Or they could give us more for less (far less likely, but still possible). However, this creates my third point.

3. Get the hell of Comcast. They're going to jack up prices and slow speeds. Guess what? Go to another company that isn't. Other company has the ability to be competetive now. With Net Neutrality, ISPs are almost all the exact same company because the government is making them be. Now they can try and be their own company and flourish.

People try to compare us to India's situation. We, as a country, are not like that at all. Nothing the FCC says or does will let us get to that point because we would literally have a civil war over it first. We are also more advanced as a country. People have more of an opinion; people come up with better ideas; people work harder to make a name for themselves.. you get it.

TL;DR: We don't know where the absense of Net Neutrality is going to lead. However, you are being incredibly oblivious if you don't understand that it could theoretically be a good thing to have it gone. It most likely won't because we live in a monopolized (even though our country tries to deny it), greedy country, but it could be a good thing.

Oh, and FFS, people who are calling out specific political parties, you need to stop being ignorant. People who are for/against this movement are in every single party. Someone who voted for Trump didn't vote for this. Someone who is against him didn't vote for this. This is an incredibly mixed view/argument. Get off whatever party you follow's bandwagon Facebook page propaganda and learn about what your party actually stands for. None of them default your beliefs in line with or against Net Neutraility. #BasicHighschoolEducation #MaybeImJustSensible

And let's not forget the most important side of all of this... WoW will probably stay $15/mo. If it increases, it will simply be due to the fact that with inflation over the years, WoW has maintained a price that techincally becomes less and less each year. I'd pay up to $25/mo simply because how easy it was to get $15 when the game first came out, it's more or less just as easy to do the same thing and now get $25 instead of $15. Just as I wouldn't object to games going up to about $100 if they cut out their stupid micro transactions.
    Nice to see people are already trying to justify increased prices....what a time to be alive....

This is a very sad step, I feel for those Americans who disagree with this. On that matter, I genuinely thought this was something the majority of Americans were against. But, reading the comments section of this article has https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...tm_medium=push has suprised me a lot.
    Many of the comments are people praising this stuff. In fact, the majority of them are - and any rational arguments are dismissed by "lib tard" comments or changing the subject. Which has got me wondering; Are there really people as dumb as this? Or is it just a small segment off facebook?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Fatalism isn't a fun place to be. I tried it for a few years.

It's much better when heads aren't buried in sand hiding.

I only picked your post... because.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    And the end of the day, if you don't value your internet access more than some milk - that's fine.

But those of us who depend on it for our lives - it is a slightly more serious story.
    I said that because unless you guys are in congress, there's nothing you could do to stop this. They don't listen to anonymous phone calls, they listen to money.

Quote Originally Posted by ge0 View Post
    What to do when Comcast is the only service provider in the area?
    This is one big piece of evidence that Zentail is being extremely deceptive.

3. Get the hell of Comcast. They're going to jack up prices and slow speeds. Guess what? Go to another company that isn't. Other company has the ability to be competetive now. With Net Neutrality, ISPs are almost all the exact same company because the government is making them be. Now they can try and be their own company and flourish.
    That is a nice ideal in a vacuum, but we live in the real world where some areas have access to one or two choices at most, and both of those choices suck. Then add in the fact that new companies in this specific field take so much money to start out, it isn't a realistic ideal.

The only hope anyone has in many areas in America of having non-shit internet after this is if google takes over the world. Praise google.

10+ Year Old Account

Get picking people.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    You should all recognize a few really big things.

1. Net Neutrality wasn't something we ever had until just a few years ago. Everythine was, more or less, the same as it was before.

2. The absense of Net Neutrality doesn't inherently mean things cost more money. It means the ISPs, for example, actually have control over their own company. This may or may not be an actual good thing. They could abuse it and we're screwed. Or they could give us more for less (far less likely, but still possible). However, this creates my third point.

People try to compare us to India's situation. We, as a country, are not like that at all. Nothing the FCC says or does will let us get to that point because we would literally have a civil war over it first. We are also more advanced as a country. People have more of an opinion; people come up with better ideas; people work harder to make a name for themselves.. you get it.

TL;DR: We don't know where the absense of Net Neutrality is going to lead. However, you are being incredibly oblivious if you don't understand that it could theoretically be a good thing to have it gone. It most likely won't because we live in a monopolized (even though our country tries to deny it), greedy country, but it could be a good thing.

Oh, and FFS, people who are calling out specific political parties, you need to stop being ignorant. People who are for/against this movement are in every single party. Someone who voted for Trump didn't vote for this. Someone who is against him didn't vote for this. This is an incredibly mixed view/argument. Get off whatever party you follow's bandwagon Facebook page propaganda and learn about what your party actually stands for. None of them default your beliefs in line with or against Net Neutraility. #BasicHighschoolEducation #MaybeImJustSensible

And let's not forget the most important side of all of this... WoW will probably stay $15/mo. If it increases, it will simply be due to the fact that with inflation over the years, WoW has maintained a price that techincally becomes less and less each year. I'd pay up to $25/mo simply because how easy it was to get $15 when the game first came out, it's more or less just as easy to do the same thing and now get $25 instead of $15. Just as I wouldn't object to games going up to about $100 if they cut out their stupid micro transactions.
    1. NN became a thing as a response to things changing.

2. It's not going to be a good thing. We've seen the shit they tried to pull when they had control over their own company.

3. The ISPs have divided up areas, there isn't anyone to go to.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    I said that because unless you guys are in congress, there's nothing you could do to stop this. They don't listen to anonymous phone calls, they listen to money.
    Vote democrat. They actually want net neutrality.

Deleted
    Hopefully nothing will change and it will just be like it was before.

Anyway, leaving this image because i found it funny

Greediest government in the world strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Serious question. What was different? Don’t remember the internet being any different.
    Here's a small, incomplete, list.

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    maybe it's just me but I don't feel any difference
    "This happened a few hours ago and everything is still fine, so nothing bad is going to happen at all!"

Mindsets like this is what is wrong with the world right now. If nothing bad happens within minutes, there is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Vote democrat. They actually want net neutrality.
    Didn't Dem vote entirely for it, whilst Rep voted entirely against it?