Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Which is hilarious when you consider all the stuff they said about rural america. The place which has the lowest incomes and highest poverty rates. They are looking out for them...all the while effectively implementing higher prices for their access.
    at this rate african countries are gonna overtake america in quality of life with internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    Ah, you mean the GOP controlled Congress of the past 7 years. That Congress. The Congress that isn't Democrats.
    You mean 4-6 years right? democrats lost the house in 2010 and the senate in 2014.

This part is particularly funny, I had to come back to it. Since you aren't American I can understand why you haven't noticed. But since Trump has been elected into office our entire capital has essentially become one big cash grab for any coorperation that would like favorable legislation.

It's honestly taken lobbying to a completely new level.
    I also kinda find this funny. He was all "Drain the swap" as a main part of his campaign and all he's done is infested it with snakes. You'd think people would learn. I'm honestly shocked that someone would believe he had anything -but- corporate America in mind when he ran for office.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    No, lets just hold hope that republicans will be good people and protect us from giant corporations. I won't hold my breath. It is dead everyone, just remember that republican leadership caused this in 2018 and 2020.
    I actually listened to a panel of Roy Moore supporters who justified voting for Roy Moore by saying "Well you think Doug Jones is any better?"

So I'm little skeptical on what exactly changes peoples opinion at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    Not necessarily. But, if you don’t play video games, you don’t have to pay for access to them anymore b
    What ISP do you work for Zentail?

My ISP is with Comcast and I can only get Comcast where I live. When I cut the cord I have saved around $100/month. I now just stream thru Comcast. So Comcast lost $100/month from me and others. I mean NO way would they ever try to get that money back by throttling or micro charging me for Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. I mean no evil cable company would take the Loss and move on.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

It's amazing to me that people think nothing is going to change. Do you honestly believe the ISPs spent millions of dollars getting rid of NN so they could NOT take advantage of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You mean 4-6 years right? democrats lost the house in 2010 and the senate in 2014.
    Is this the best you can come up with?

I actually listened to a panel of Roy Moore supporters who justified voting for Roy Moore by saying "Well you think Doug Jones is any better?"

So I'm little skeptical on what exactly changes peoples opinion at this point.
    Probably nothing because political parties are like football teams. Most people seemingly support the one they pick at some random point in their life and root for it no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    Democrats didn’t control Congress in 2012 either. Done with you. You are a serial liar. You should be ashamed of what you’ve done to people by supporting the Republican Party.
    sigh democrats lost the house in 2010 and the senate in 2014, also supporting the republican party lol I am a lifelong democrat. Democrats made a lot of mistake and they should be called out on it you are acting like a Trump supporter.

For those who dont live in the USA and you say well you can change your ISP well i have news for you as someone who does live in the USA and that news is in most areas especially rural areas you are limited to just 1 or 2 service providers and boy have they got you by the testicles and now this law gives them even more power to determine what you see and how fast you see it.

Hopefully this little escapade will lead to more areas nationalizing and investing in there internet structures and chasing these ISP crooks out of town on the horde they rode in on!

I'd be in favor of ISPs simply throttling or charging more for higher performance and high usage, like any utility, without respect to the type of use. But they already had that with things like speed tiers and data caps.

Now they are free to discriminate the traffic, extort content providers, and push those who can't or won't pay out of the market. "Choose an ISP that doesn't do that" is not really an option when they're allowed to operate as regional monopolies, with oligarchical laws protecting them, of course.

**** them and their FCC puppets. The internet is now poised to turn into cable TV here, with telecoms and content providers trying to out-greed each other. Packages and piecemeal services that make it near impossible to get the all things you want without paying a fortune.

I'll be buying a lot more physical media in the future, at least until that's outlawed too. After that, yarr, I guess.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Is this the best you can come up with?
    Yes facts are the best thing I can come up with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    It's amazing to me that people think nothing is going to change. Do you honestly believe the ISPs spent millions of dollars getting rid of NN so they could NOT take advantage of it?
    Indeed. If nothing will change, then there was no reason to bring it to a vote to begin with. Those thinking everything will remain the same are ignorant to say the least.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They did when they continued to vote for the people they did. They most assuredly did if they voted Trump. Their lack of knowledge of what they were voting for doesn’t negate that they effectively voted to end NN.
    Well I can agree with you there, but we have strayed from my point :P
    (see below)

This part is particularly funny, I had to come back to it. Since you aren't American I can understand why you haven't noticed. But since Trump has been elected into office our entire capital has essentially become one big cash grab for any coorperation that would like favorable legislation.

It's honestly taken lobbying to a completely new level.
    Oh I have noticed, and I understand it completely, don't get the impression I don't. I am up to date on your circus of politics, I know whats going on in your country outside from actually being there. But I care about Net Neutrality because America is a influential country, and this means that if is finalised and you lose Net Neutrality other countries could follow suit (hopefully not), and even if it isnt, the effects of Net Neutrality would still be felt regardless.

So trust me I understand but the point I am trying to make, and what people are jumping down my throat about, is about just saying this whole Net Neutrality thing is a time where it doesn't matter what kind of voter you are, this is something everyone needs to come together on, it doesn't matter if you voted for that overgrown orange or not.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-14 at 07:52 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Yes facts are the best thing I can come up with
    Okay but seriously. Is changing the number from 7 to 6 years the best defense you can come up with?

You and I both know it doesn't change the story.

Okay but seriously. Is changing the number from 7 to 6 years the best defense you can come up with?

You and I both know it doesn't change the story.
    democrats had control of the senate until 2014, they could have written legislation for it and tried to get it pass the house my point is they did not even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    For those who dont live in the USA and you say well you can change your ISP well i have news for you as someone who does live in the USA and that news is in most areas especially rural areas you are limited to just 1 or 2 service providers and boy have they got you by the testicles and now this law gives them even more power to determine what you see and how fast you see it.

Hopefully this little escapade will lead to more areas nationalizing and investing in there internet structures and chasing these ISP crooks out of town on the horde they rode in on!
    The separation in service, pricing, and availability is akin to gas stations. You may have two choices, but they are the same price, same service, and same availability. There is no variety, and no 'better option'.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    "oh yes, the internet is now dead"

nope, we just go back to pre-2015 with competition and free markets. im so happy!
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    As if GOP senators bought by mega-corporations give a shit what their constituents want. Especially if it conflicts with what their corporate overlords want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.