Is the xenoblade thread lol :P

I got Yooka Laylee and as expected all the hate seems totally unwarranted. Like literally it seemed to be the most overhated game of 2017 :/ It tickles my nostalgia bones with the graphics, music and sound design. I havnt got all that far so I will admit my opinon could change with more time spent, so this is just a 1st impression after spending a couple of hours in the 1st world.

My only gripe was the camera would fight me at times or suddenly shift views mid jump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Is the xenoblade thread lol :P

I got Yooka Laylee and as expected all the hate seems totally unwarranted. Like literally it seemed to be the most overhated game of 2017 :/ It tickles my nostalgia bones with the graphics, music and sound design. I havnt got all that far so I will admit my opinon could change with more time spent, so this is just a 1st impression after spending a couple of hours in the 1st world.

My only gripe was the camera would fight me at times or suddenly shift views mid jump.
    Yooka Laylee is a good game. I got 100% completion on PC when it first came out. I don't regret a penny of that purchase.

The problem is that it was overyhyped to the point people were expected a fantastic 9/10 or 10/10 type gaming experience, and it just isn't there. I'd pick it up on the Switch, but since I've already beaten it and I have Odyssey for my platforming needs, I don't see a reason to grab a second copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Yooka Laylee is a good game. I got 100% completion on PC when it first came out. I don't regret a penny of that purchase.

The problem is that it was overyhyped to the point people were expected a fantastic 9/10 or 10/10 type gaming experience, and it just isn't there. I'd pick it up on the Switch, but since I've already beaten it and I have Odyssey for my platforming needs, I don't see a reason to grab a second copy.
    odyssey lasted me 35 hours for 100% completion. It won't last you long for your platforming needs.

Everyone was expecting the next banjo kazooie and a team of fucking 12 people wasn't going to deliver that but they did deliver on nostalgia which was their goal which everyone seemed to forget.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    odyssey lasted me 35 hours for 100% completion. It won't last you long for your platforming needs.
    Already gotten all 880 moons. It still has more replayability for me than Yooka Laylee does. That said... even though they're both "platformers", they're quite different. One is a refreshing iteration on an existing genre, and one is a kick ass nostalgie trip to the days I had an n64 while growing up.

Already gotten all 880 moons. It still has more replayability for me than Yooka Laylee does. That said... even though they're both "platformers", they're quite different. One is a refreshing iteration on an existing genre, and one is a kick ass nostalgie trip to the days I had an n64 while growing up.
    Honestly the ending to new donk and the moon basically made me smile like no platformer since mario galaxy which was like a decade ago or feels like it.

Both games are nostalgia trips to the N64 era.

One just actually has modern polish and plays well while the other still plays and lacks polish like an n64 game...

Shouldn't be too hard to figure out which is which. The polished one certainly didn't need kickstarted while already having a publisher.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, Oh man! Finally after about 50 long sleeps at Torigoth inn trying to "spawn" the premium cylinders to the salvage vendor they're there! Bought 99sooo fast at 25k each <3

So anyone tried Romancing Saga 2 yet?

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/schedule/index.html

Nintendo's Q3 2017 briefing has been scheduled for January 31st.

10+ Year Old Account

Dunkey on the case

so does aegeons core crystal become active at a certain point in the story or just after a certain amount of time?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    snip

Dunkey on the case
    Great review. Was funny too without all the annoying spam youtubers normally do.

I wasnt aware the blades are the female characters that is messed up haha

10+ Year Old Account
    This is probably a weird question.

But does Xeno 2 have that Dreamcast JRPG feel to it ?

It definitely has the look of one, albeit more advanced.

I'm not entirely talking about graphics, but rather the animations, menus, and everything else reminds me of those days.

I haven't played a JRPG since Lost Odyssey so for all I know there are many others like Xeno 2.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    This is probably a weird question.

But does Xeno 2 have that Dreamcast JRPG feel to it ?

It definitely has the look of one, albeit more advanced.

I'm not entirely talking about graphics, but rather the animations, menus, and everything else reminds me of those days.

I haven't played a JRPG since Lost Odyssey so for all I know there are many others like Xeno 2.
    Yeah it feels a lot like late DC early ps2/gamecube style jrpg. Its odd that thats nostalgic already.

Wait I think I read something about nia I wasn't suppose to. And if it's true..... How the fuck?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait I think I read something about nia I wasn't suppose to. And if it's true..... How the fuck?
    Play the game, watch the scene, it's all good. It's already hinted at during the scene that allows for you to have aegeons core crystal

- - - Updated - - -

so does aegeons core crystal become active at a certain point in the story or just after a certain amount of time?
    Don't think any are "time" based and are more of "do activities, after x amount it becomes available". Someone left their game on overnight wanting to open up one of the named crystals, don't remember which, didn't happen.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-12-16 at 05:09 AM.

The core crystal hunters side quest chain is probably the best side quest work monolith has ever done. Just finished that after a long play session of mostly only doing it, it literally has main quest quality production and writing.

- - - Updated - - -

It became active for me after the chapter 7 dungeon. Pretty sure the story ones like this are story based, the side quest ones are do X amount of stuff. If it was like the side quest ones it should have became active way sooner as I did literally ass loads on content between acquiring it and finishing that dungeon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So finally after 145hours of game time elapsed I realized the fourth skill in the "enhance arts" section that uses WP is something you move to be one of the 3 choices in combat if you so wish, instead of "it's some kind of random proc/has to do with the special button I guess" that I thought it was... so much WP wasted getting them all up instead of just 3 skills

i'm not sure which game to get for the switch next. I have the big ones, BOTW, splatoon 2, Mario Kart, Rabbids, Odyssey, pokken. i'm debating between Skyrim and xenoblade. I would have got Skyrim straight away but I was put of because the game has been re released so many times now and it is $60, however, I have never actually played skyrim.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    i'm not sure which game to get for the switch next. I have the big ones, BOTW, splatoon 2, Mario Kart, Rabbids, Odyssey, pokken. i'm debating between Skyrim and xenoblade. I would have got Skyrim straight away but I was put of because the game has been re released so many times now and it is $60, however, I have never actually played skyrim.
    Xenoblade of course. JRPG > sandbox first person action rpgish anyday. Oh there's a third person view also but still.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-12-16 at 03:44 PM.