Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You don't have access to internet, but you have access to guns. Stop making retarded videos on youtube, this is what the second amendment was created for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    "oh yes, the internet is now dead"

nope, we just go back to pre-2015 with competition and free markets. im so happy!
    Which is a totally legitimate viewpoint if you were absolutely ignorant of the reasons why Net Neutrality was implemented in the first place and what was going on prior to 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    With net neutrality, there is a forced way of running a company as an ISP. You don’t get a whole lot of flexibility with speeds and pricing because it needs to be “fair.” As a result, poor people can’t afford internet because they have to pay for the whole package. They can’t even afford lowest speed options. Us that make money already get fast lanes. I have from Comcast for a while because I give them more than my neighbor. They just hide the fact they do that with all-inclusive price tags.

Naturally, they charge $10/mo, then you opt into services you want for $5/mo. However, net neutrality passed and they were like, “okay, $45 for the package then and you have to pay for it all.”
    Totally. Oh, wait, US Internet services were still shittier, yet more expensive than even Romania's even before Internet was moved to title II. The claims of more competitiveness, better services, more innovation and lower prices before title II are all goddamn myths. Nay, lies. Made by republican and pro-corporate shills with only alternate comprehension of reality. US Internet services have been terrible, especially for a first world nation, for more than a decade. With their oligopoly the big players stagnated like hell long before 2015, made non-competition deals with each other and used their power to bully any newcomers, even if they were massive companies in their own right, like Google. All the while overpricing the crap they pretend passed for modern Internet services.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-12-14 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

So, tyrannical government yet?

Yep, it's over. This is the just the beginning for those who foolishly think the Illuminati will stop taking over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    "oh yes, the internet is now dead"

nope, we just go back to pre-2015 with competition and free markets. im so happy!
    Why do people that know nothing about whats going on always have to comment like the world is fine and people are being doomsayers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why do people that know nothing about whats going on always have to comment like the world is fine and people are being doomsayers
    I don’t care if the mods ban me for saying this. Stop falling for trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The separation in service, pricing, and availability is akin to gas stations. You may have two choices, but they are the same price, same service, and same availability. There is no variety, and no 'better option'.
    Joking aint you?

I had century link and the service was shitty infact i couldnt even play WoW cause it would keep lagging there was even a thread about it https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9326603?page=1

In the end i had no choice but to pay way more to switch to Cox and the speed was 100 percent better and i have had no lag since. Those was my only options where i lived and those two ISP controls everything from Phones to TV to internet.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I don’t care if the mods ban me for saying this. Stop falling for trolls
    I guess so. Just the fact this is actually happening makes me think a lot of people do think that way. Particularly because it can be a confusing subject

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    sigh democrats lost the house in 2010 and the senate in 2014, also supporting the republican party lol I am a lifelong democrat. Democrats made a lot of mistake and they should be called out on it you are acting like a Trump supporter.
    You’re the only one lying and claiming Democrats are responsible for things they had no power to influence. Your dishonesty is a pretty clear marker of a modern conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I wonder what Pai' s previous employment was...?
    Not chairman of the FCC.
    Mother pus bucket!

democrats had control of the senate until 2014, they could have written legislation for it and tried to get it pass the house my point is they did not even try.
    Okay you're right. Here's why it's the Democrats fault: They saw the FCC at a turning point where it had to make a decision based on the appropriate jurisdiction the internet belonged in. The FCC decided (after listening to public demand) that the internet should be treated equally in all regards without being subject to coorporate manipulation. The Democrats recognized the vote and lacked the foresight to know that in the coming years, despite public disapproval, the FCC would host another vote because a very corrupt President would assign a very corrupt Chairman to the FCC. Had the Democrats known this was coming they could have at least tried to create legislation to disrupt another vote to kill net neutrality principles. Legislation that would not have passed in an obstructionist GOP House. But hey, at least they tried.

This is all in the government notorious for never actually getting any legislation done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    You’re the only one lying and claiming Democrats are responsible for things they had no power to influence. Your dishonesty is a pretty clear marker of a modern conservative.
    Did you misunderstand me or something? republicans are the ones who did this, I am only saying that democrats could have attempted to prevent it. They did not deem it important enough to put it on the congressional docket.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Yeah, that's totally the reason why US Internet services were still shittier, yet more expensive than even Romania's even before Internet was moved to title II.
    For €8,5- I get 1Gbit ↓ / 500Mbit ↑ optic fiber in romania... I feel truly sorry for americans and the ongoing fucking they receive from cable/ISP corps.

democrats had control of the senate until 2014, they could have written legislation for it and tried to get it pass the house my point is they did not even try.
    Without a filibuster-proof majority, control is meaningless. Especially when your opponents are determined to not let you accomplish anything like McConnell was.

Why try to pass things in the senate that won’t pass the House? You are for sure a conservative with those diminished logic skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Without a filibuster-proof majority, control is meaningless. Especially when your opponents are determined to not let you accomplish anything like McConnell was.
    Draco is 100% a Republican shill. His trolling needs to be reported.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    So, tyrannical government yet?
    Here is a theory you could get behind. Could this be a way for Trumps administration to silence the 'liberal media' ?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

What is Net Neutrality exactly?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So now the only tools left are either for a Republican Congress to trash it or fight an uphill capricious court battle which favors agencies?

How hard can it be?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjhidhg View Post
    Joking aint you?

I had century link and the service was shitty infact i couldnt even play WoW cause it would keep lagging there was even a thread about it https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9326603?page=1

In the end i had no choice but to pay way more to switch to Cox and the speed was 100 percent better and i have had no lag since. Those was my only options where i lived and those two ISP controls everything from Phones to TV to internet.
    Where I live, I get a few choices. Verizon, Comcast, or Optimum. Sadly, they all offer the exact same rates and services. I have 3 choices, Shit, Shit, and Shit.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.