Page 40 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, before it was implemented in 2015, they were throttling speeds significantly. So, it already happened.
    I never noticed, and I was a heavy gamer at the time. Pretty sure most of you were too.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    How much do you think ajit pai will be getting paid for this
    He's already swimming in Verizon cash. Not sure how much more they needed to pay him, but I'm sure he's not hurting.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    I never noticed, and I was a heavy gamer at the time. Pretty sure most of you were too.
    The main throttling was on Netflix and other streaming, and it definitely happened.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That's a bit melodramatic man. Go outside, the sun is shining, your belly is full, and you've a lot to be thankful for. If you've people you love in your life, spend time with them. There are more important things in the world than hanging out on the forums with me arguing about abstracts.
    Its about the direction the world is heading and how you are powerless to stop it when someone like ajit pai can make the call by a single vote and can ignore and hand wave away MILLIONS of public voices as "fraudulent spam" and "bipartisan support"

I dont have a problem with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Republican shitstains doing this out of spite and nothing else.
    Ah, other than the bribes of course.
    Since NN was never a right vs left issue, I can recognize that you really don't know anything about this subject at all. If you're going to sound credible, you might want to not parrot shit that you saw in a plebbit subject header.

As a league player i did.

need to smack telecoms with antitrust fines, if they weren't immune to the laws -_-

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    *At the recommendation of Mitch McConnell because Obama already chose his Democratic appointees.
    I didnt know Obama was too weak minded to make his own decisions, well gee i guess its all the Republicans fault....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I didnt know Obama was too weak minded to make his own decisions, well gee i guess its all the Republicans fault....
    ^ big reason why we are in trouble.

People putting their head in the sand like ostriches because "but obama said" or "them lefties" this shouldn't be a political issue it should be a human rights issue.

except when they changed to net neutrality, all of two years ago.... closer to three but you get my drift.
    Incorrect. The internet prior to 2014 was regulated like it was after the FCC vote of 2015. The entire reason the FCC went to a Title II is this court case forced them to do so to maintain the same oversight.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veri..._v._FCC_(2014)

- - - Updated - - -

Or... it's the responsibility of consumers to not spend money at a business tat does not operate in the manner in which they approve.
    So people can opt to not spend money at an ER they are admitted to when it’s the only one in their city? Real simple examples break your silly claim.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    It was a fun ride guys, I'll see you on the other side.
    Most states have already committed to putting in their own rules and regulations to maintain net neutrality. While it is disappointing to see the Feds let this go, hopefully you fall into one of the states who will continue to stand up for net neutrality.

Its about the direction the world is heading and how you are powerless to stop it when someone like ajit pai can make the call by a single vote and can ignore and hand wave away MILLIONS of public voices as "fraudulent spam" and "bipartisan support"

I dont have a problem with you.
    Well that's the thing about regulations vs. laws, they're written in pencil. Now that can be a good thing when something you don't like get's squashed without all the legal wrangling, but it's equally annoying when the same happens to something you do like. This does touch on a bigger problem, that being Congress has abdicated their mandate to legislate to a massive executive bureaucracy that effectively legislates through regulation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    Most states have already committed to putting in their own rules and regulations to maintain net neutrality. While it is disappointing to see the Feds let this go, hopefully you fall into one of the states who will continue to stand up for net neutrality.
    That's actually a great thing. It's called federalism, and allows states to experiment with different models in the light of day. Believe me, your state legislature is far more beholden to your will as a voter than the FCC.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Sounds like you need to manage your time better. You know, as a business owner.
    I do, I cant depend on other people so we just work long hours to assure everything gets done. That and finding people that actually want to work is impossible these days. We do work that requires you to actually get your hands dirty and most people in todays society want to sit behind a computer and look at facebook on their employers time. We also have an international business so we have to be here at odd times to be able to help our international customers out a lot of times.

How much do you think ajit pai will be getting paid for this
    Enough to never have to shit in the street ever again

infracted - forbidden topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-12-15 at 12:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I do, I cant depend on other people so we just work long hours to assure everything gets done. That and finding people that actually want to work is impossible these days. We do work that requires you to actually get your hands dirty and most people in todays society want to sit behind a computer and look at facebook on their employers time. We also have an international business so we have to be here at odd times to be able to help our international customers out a lot of times.
    Sounds a lot like millennial bashing and not providing engaging work.

The main throttling was on Netflix and other streaming, and it definitely happened.
    You misstate. What happened with Netflix was different. They overloaded the system. Here is a excerpt of what happened.

"Much like Netflix’s ongoing standoff with Verizon FiOS, the drop in speeds wasn’t an issue of the ISP throttling or blocking service to Netflix. Rather, the ISPs were allowing for Netflix traffic to bottleneck at what’s known as “peering ports,” the connection between Netflix’s bandwidth provider and the ISPs."

"Until recently, if peering ports became congested with downstream traffic, it was common practice for an ISP to temporarily open up new ports to maintain the flow of data. This was not a business arrangement; just something that had been done as a courtesy. ISPs would expect the bandwidth companies to do the same if there was a spike in upstream traffic. However, there is virtually no upstream traffic with Netflix, so the Comcasts and Verizons of the world claimed they were being taken advantage of. "

Source:https://consumerist.com/2014/02/23/n...-end-slowdown/

I have already stated my opposition to the current paradigm of government-protected monopolies and oligopolies.
    Genuinely curious, how exactly does the government protect monopolies and oligopolies?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Republican shitstains doing this out of spite and nothing else.
    Ah, other than the bribes of course.

And how surprising how the "promises" over at Comcast have suddenly disappeared

But yeah, good job, you revoked something Obama did. That was your entire endgame, no?
    All 5 of the board members that voted on this were appointed by Obama, The only thing that Trump did was promote Ajit Pai to chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    You do know that all the members of that 5 person board was appointed by Obama? the only thing that Trump did was elevate Ajit Pai to chairman. You need to understand that the parties only use differences to distract you from the fact that they are selling the future out as fast as they can.
    Carr wasn’t appointed by Obama. That’s easily fact checkable. Thanks for your naked dishonesty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Enough to never have to shit in the street ever again
    He only uses the public FCC office loos anyway so he can literally crap on the public in his morning dump routine while he answers emails on his smartphone from comcast about "title: trip coming up. Message: save me a spot on the company plane to richard bransons love island"