Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxigan View Post
    If you casual, thats true.
    But ambitioned Mythic progress guilds maintain multiple alts at the (almost) same level of their (current) main.
    So in my case I just switched to balance. And next raid we will see what happens (I would prefer switching back to rogue).
    I am fully aware as this is what my guild does and is different from "re rolling" we maintain every one of our progress alts to within a few points of our "mains"... HOWEVER the people making these types of threads arent that type of raider usually, if they were they would not be making threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Because rogues reign supreme on survivability and being able to ignore boss mechanics.

If you only look at dps then you don't belong on a raid level where dps matters.
    Again that doesn't make sense.

Rogues have reigned supreme with survivability since BC but also delivered DPS. The reason why is because Rogues are a pure melee DPS class.

What makes Legion expansion different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I still havent seen the dev twitter explaining that rogue's low rank on random logs is due to a newly instated hybrid tax.
    I'm not opposed to doing more damage, but this "hybrid tax" fad seems overblown.
    Hazzikostas said as much in a recent interview.

Again why is a hybrid tax okay for Rogues when it no longer applies to Boomkins, Shadow Priests, Ret, etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    blizzard literally went on record during tomb when everyone pointed out the crap dps of sin and outlaw and said "we are fine with there dps being lower because they are able to soak".

that sounds like a tax to me. our dps suffers because our utility. and they are fine with it. except back in vanilla and bc hybrids suffered dps wise for there utility. and everyone complained. SO THE HYBRID/UTILITY tax was removed. except for now apparently. and it applies to rogues.
    It is a tax and a very unfair one I might add.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicken Little just called.

He says he wants his line back.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    i am fairly certain this has NOTHING to do with DPS
    Well if you only want to deeps and not have any responsibility, I suggest you reroll to Warrior for BFA, as Warrior is the most consistently brought melee after Rogue. However mandatory utility secures a raid spot way better than "top dps". Enhancement and Windwalker have good dps atm yet no one cares to bring them over a Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well if you only want to deeps and not have any responsibility, I suggest you reroll to Warrior for BFA, as Warrior is the most consistently brought melee after Rogue. However mandatory utility secures a raid spot way better than "top dps". Enhancement and Windwalker have good dps atm yet no one cares to bring them over a Rogue.
    You can thank homogenization for all of this.

method took multiple rogues to almost every firstkill

I think we're gonna be fine

You can thank homogenization for all of this.
    Nah, it's the "ability pruning" that brought this upon hybrid classes, they used to have tons of utility but it was all stripped while pures (rogue / hunter / mage / lock) kept theirs or even gained extra. It's especially bad in the melee camp because there's bazillion melee specs in the game and Blizz keeps adding more, while raids are often melee unfriendly and there isn't even space for half the melee that exist.

But let's see at the current edition - coven of shivarra, prime example of melee unfriendliness. Rogues still find their way in. Sometimes even 3 rogues. Do you see guilds bring 3 ferals? Or 3 rets? Or 3 survival hunters? Hell nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Clearly you will be benched. It's not like the world first guild didn't use 3 rogues and 3 mages, the two whiniest fucking classes in the game.
    Mage and warriors, rogues whines alot less. Go to the lock forum for max whine. Least is maybe ww monks I think

I'm glad my enjoyment of a video game isn't dependent on doing 5% more dps than other people

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Again that doesn't make sense.

Rogues have reigned supreme with survivability since BC but also delivered DPS. The reason why is because Rogues are a pure melee DPS class.

What makes Legion expansion different?

- - - Updated - - -

Hazzikostas said as much in a recent interview.

Again why is a hybrid tax okay for Rogues when it no longer applies to Boomkins, Shadow Priests, Ret, etc?

- - - Updated - - -

It is a tax and a very unfair one I might add.
    blizzard literally went on record during tomb when everyone pointed out the crap dps of sin and outlaw and said "we are fine with there dps being lower because they are able to soak".

that sounds like a tax to me. our dps suffers because our utility. and they are fine with it. except back in vanilla and bc hybrids suffered dps wise for there utility. and everyone complained. SO THE HYBRID/UTILITY tax was removed. except for now apparently. and it applies to rogues.
    It's still not a tax when it's part of the things that makes them stupidly overpowered. Having rogues for progression bosses is king because you can skip so many mechanics.

I'll say this again: If you think all you're supposed to bring to the table is DPS then you don't belong in any raid environment where DPS matters.

How they decided to balance other expansions does not matter, only right now this moment does.

Learn to use all the features of your class and not just your combo points and any raid will be stupid to turn you down.

It's still not a tax when it's part of the things that makes them stupidly overpowered. Having rogues for progression bosses is king because you can skip so many mechanics.

I'll say this again: If you think all you're supposed to bring to the table is DPS then you don't belong in any raid environment where DPS matters.

How they decided to balance other expansions does not matter, only right now this moment does.

Learn to use all the features of your class and not just your combo points and any raid will be stupid to turn you down.
    And again I'll say it. Blizzard said back at the end of burning crusade that no one should see there dps suffer because the utility they bring. I don't see Warlocks or boomkins suffering despite what they bring to the table.

And again I'll say it. Blizzard said back at the end of burning crusade that no one should see there dps suffer because the utility they bring. I don't see Warlocks or boomkins suffering despite what they bring to the table.
    How many years ago was that?

Warlocks and boomkins are overtuned. Somehow rogues deserve that too while screw all the other classes

How many years ago was that?

Warlocks and boomkins are overtuned. Somehow rogues deserve that too while screw all the other classes
    And yet despite that, and despite the glaring issues blizzard does nothing...

Deleted
    please tell me why it is okay to have all 3 rogue specs in the gutter so bad that we could literally swap spec and still be in the gutter?
    please tell me why a pure dps class should be okay with all of our dps specs being garbage?
    Outlaw is upper half. That's not gutter.

If you can dry your eyes long enough to look at individual boss statistics on warcraftlogs you can actually see that Rogue is doing fine on the bosses that matter and it's the worthless 1shot aoe padfest bosses that drag down their overall "performance".

But people who actually raid those bosses probably knew that already.
    Last edited by Alphatorg; 2017-12-15 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatorg View Post
    If you can dry your eyes long enough to look at individual boss statistics on warcraftlogs you can actually see that Rogue is doing fine on the bosses that matter and it's the worthless 1shot aoe padfest bosses that drag down their overall "performance".

But people who actually raid those bosses probably knew that already.
    Pretty much, yeah.

Generally my raiding experience has become much more relaxed and fun since I changed my damage meter to only display raid dps.

Regardless of what your opinion is on putting utility and dps on a scale: not all 3 specs have to be equal in their defensive cheese capabilities. If Blizzard wants rogue to stay cheesemongers, they can very well keep it to 1 or 2 specs, which I would gladly flush down the shitter and pick the decent dps spec, which can have no cloak and no feint for all I care.

Deleted
    Pretty much, yeah.

Generally my raiding experience has become much more relaxed and fun since I changed my damage meter to only display raid dps.
    You made me think about hiding my Details while in fight, i will try.
    Very simple tip but so useful ^^

Precisely why this is an issue you can't let Blzz skate on by.

Unless you are in a world first or world top 5-10 for that matter I see plenty of rogues doing great damage in heroic. Unless you are the kind that does not want to put time into learning the class they like or just jumps to the fotm every tier keep playing what you like.