Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play on an rp realm so you better believe I am excited for these new races.

The races are cool to check out, but I don't care to change to them or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    I play on an rp realm so you better believe I am excited for these new races.
    Suramar as a hub is gonna be a great RP playground.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaderus View Post
    I believe my point was clear, this is extremely underwhelming to introduce new races (well sorta kinda) in a game thats 12 years old and say "relevel using the same content from level 20" or pay to change to them!!
    And what exactly did you expect? Completely unique new levelling experience? Get a ready made 110 void elf and so on without any levelling? They already cut off 20 first levels from allied races so there's that.

I've been subbed since the start of the game and I'm not that thrilled at any of the allied races. Yay for same races we already have just re-skinned. Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei have their class eligibility drastically reduced and it makes sense but still. Void Elves have the same as Night Elves minus DH/Druid/DK and with the addition of Lock. Nightfallen have the same as Blood Elves minus DH/Pally/DK. I'll more than likely level each race just to get the transmog with the only race actually looking forward to playing are the Zandalari Trolls when they're finally available. I would imagine they'll be able to be everything trolls can minus Druid/DK. I would imagine Dark Iron Dwarves could be everything regular dwarves can be minus Shaman/DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I posted in another thread about this too. This is being marketed as one of the biggest features of the expansion that I will never touch because I don't really play alts nor do I want to level one again. Level those same classes as different races. WOW!! big feature. Unlock racial armor too you will probably never transmog. All my characters are gnomes too; I have no want or need to ever play a void elf or dark iron dwarf or any other race added.
    So basically Blizzard adding any additional race is a waste. Allied races are basically the same thing. Im not saying you have to be excited for it. But a lot of people are. A lot of people enjoy playing non-stock races. And adding new races has been a "big and exciting" feature since TBC. Some people love it, some people don't care. Just because there is a contingent of people out there that don't give a shit about certain content, a certain race, or a certain class doesn't mean it's something that should be avoided as an additional feature.

You could say something similar about them adding new classes. "This is being marketed as one of the biggest features of the expansion that I will never touch because I don't really play alts nor do I want to level one again. Level through the same content as different classes. WOW!! big feature."

Fits pretty well doesn't it?

This falls into the category of 'to each their own'.

I'm not saying anyone here is rigidly against this being added as content. But I mean come on...just because there is a content feature that you're less than enthralled about it somehow begets the need to make a post about it? Why is this even thread worthy? Find some other reason to be excited for BfA or skip the expansion and come back for the obvious Void Lord one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirax View Post
    Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei have their class eligibility drastically reduced and it makes sense but still.
    Highmountain Tauren have the typical vanilla Tauren class options... plus monk. Everyone has "plus monk"... except Lightforged Draenei. What's even the logic behind this, how a void elf or highmountain tauren or nightborne make sense for a monk but lightforged draenei is a no-go? It's the same arbitrary exclusion as goblins / worgens not allowed to be monks despite every other race could, even those that make little sense like undead or gnomes.

No one from new races can be DK, because Afrasiabi said so. Even though for some it makes little sense, for example void elves are blood elves that dabbled into the void, and blood elf DKs perfectly exist. From his tweet it looks like "hero classes" - DKs and DHs are doomed to never get any extra racial options, because they're locked to specific story of origin. Sad.

Nightborne / Void Elves get the same class options as Blood Elves, minus paladins. Makes sense somewhat, especially for void elves, since void and light are antitheses.

Lightforged Draenei get the same options as normal Draenei, except Shaman. No idea why, because literally Turalyon says ordinary Draenei can undergo a ritual to become Lightforged - it's not limited only to old army of the light members.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantasmagoriaX View Post
    I 100% Agree with your statement about having good looking warlocks! I cant stand the human casting animation, gnomes and dwarves scare me and worgan..well..who the hell would wanna play one of those!
    Yep, I think void elf warlocks are gonna be a hit among the alliance. Alliance lacked a cool racial option for warlock, I was kinda stuck with a worgen because I dislike humans and gnomes & dwarves look bad in dresses... and half the appeal of a clothie is finding a cool dress for transmog.

Personally I'm looking forward to make my shadow priest a void elf, I hope their shadow and void forms will look extra cool, combining the racial and class void visuals. I don't mind paying a race change because I stockpiled bnet balance from gold for that and I have lots of tailoring patterns learnt on that character I'd never wish to part ways with. I don't even care about heritage transmog because I already have my favourite one settled for that character.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    So basically Blizzard adding any additional race is a waste. Allied races are basically the same thing. Im not saying you have to be excited for it. But a lot of people are. A lot of people enjoy playing non-stock races. And adding new races has been a "big and exciting" feature since TBC. Some people love it, some people don't care. Just because there is a contingent of people out there that don't give a shit about certain content, a certain race, or a certain class doesn't mean it's something that should be avoided as an additional feature.

You could say something similar about them adding new classes. "This is being marketed as one of the biggest features of the expansion that I will never touch because I don't really play alts nor do I want to level one again. Level through the same content as different classes. WOW!! big feature."

Fits pretty well doesn't it?

This falls into the category of 'to each their own'.

I'm not saying anyone here is rigidly against this being added as content. But I mean come on...just because there is a content feature that you're less than enthralled about it somehow begets the need to make a post about it? Why is this even thread worthy? Find some other reason to be excited for BfA or skip the expansion and come back for the obvious Void Lord one after that.
    Ok dad thanks for your feedback.

I'm very excited. So much that I'll level a second hunter. Nightborne, Voud Elf, and maaaybe a LF goat.

If races aren't your thing though, I could see why it wouldn't matter much though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I was excited until I saw that they are using the same animations and skeletons as already existing races, even when they are different in-game like the nightborne.
    But...but the NB use the night elf animations in-game...

I'm unexcited because I play mainly Horde DK nowadays, none of them can be one. So this addition is useless

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I have no intrest in thoes races at all.
    Seems like a cheap way to get more money from payed factions changes.

The whole new expansion seems rather cheap to be honest. I sure hope they have a LOT of more content to talk about befor release becuase this years Blizzcon was the least intresting one ever.
    They literally incentivize not paying for a character swap with the heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dross View Post
    I am actually very excited for this feature and I think Blizz should be commended for the way they are implementing them.

You know what they could have done? They could have just added the models for the allied races as sub-race options for the existing races and be done with it.
    TBQH, I'd prefer extended, even unlockable, customisation options and not what we get now.

Current character customisation in this game is garbage, it's okay back in 2004, but even then there's games w/ better customisation. It needs to be improved, but instead we're getting "new" races which are just as limited customisation-wise as old ones.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-12-15 at 03:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    They literally incentivize not paying for a character swap with the heritage armor.
    Watch them put the XP Potion in the ingame Shop on life.
    Last edited by mmoccb7d8d3ee0; 2017-12-15 at 03:56 AM.

Am I interpreting this right?

I can re-level using the same content as before but now it will let me do it where i want to and scale with new sub-races. This is the alt experience we have had at our disposal for years, but now we can do it with some new skins for existing races with some new racials

OR

I can pay to race change some existing characters into these new races if i like the way they look.

Anyone else kind of underwhelmed by all of this? I know its one of several things new coming but I have many characters as i have enjoyed leveling characters for years, so none of this will be new, other then the races themselves. no new classes
    I couldn't give two shits about the allied races or any other new races. Classes is where it is at. I have one of each at max. Different races? Who fucking cares, its a cosmetic item and just like the majority of cosmetic items I have gotten, they stay in the bags/tabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that they're coming but I don't care that much. They're just pallet swaps with new voicelines. Nice to have, wouldn't break me up too much if they were scrapped.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Been playing since day one, I've got around 50 characters that are at least level 100 and this is what I'm looking forward to most about BfA. Really hope we get new allied races with every major or .5 patch. Races > every other form of content for me.

Vanilla player here. Hyped AF for allied races and the future possibilities of playable characters.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    An armor that doesn't actually give you anything and is just a copy of things that are already in game?
    Yeah, great. They also made sure that leveling takes way, way more time making it even less worth the effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no more or less excited than I was before hearing about them.

What benefit is there to getting hyped for something only to be let down if it isn't the way you want it?

Avoid hype; it saves games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    An armor that doesn't actually give you anything and is just a copy of things that are already in game?
    Yeah, great. They also made sure that leveling takes way, way more time making it even less worth the effort.
    You call a one-of-a-kind transmog nothing? Are we looking at the same armors? My Warrior is going Highmountain JUST for that armor. And I will probably take all six to max level before I get half of my actual toons to max level. So, very much worth the effort.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I believe my point was clear, this is extremely underwhelming to introduce new races (well sorta kinda) in a game thats 12 years old and say "relevel using the same content from level 20" or pay to change to them!!

Shame u can't have all of them Neutrel so u can choose horde or alliance, THAT would be interesting! but its Battle for Azeroth lets faction scrap so thats a no-no at this stage B
    you also get another free level boost. so if you want, you can use it on an allied race for free and start off in bfa. while i will agree that starting off at 20 is weird since it takes like an hour to get to 20 i dont think they needed to start off at 110 either.

i wouldve had them start at lvl 1 like every other race
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552