Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Can we keep the casual nation bashing to a minimum?
    No. We should not. With so much hosted in the US the world SHOULD be abusing them for this. America and Americans should be shamed for letting this happen.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-15 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They could just throttle your pings to all hell unless you get the Premium Deluxe Gaming Package. Pings above 500 ms are pretty inconsenquential for web and streams, but will murder gaming.
    They could, but outside of naked profiteering there's no reason for them to do so (and they hadn't done this prior to the FCC restrictions put in place a few years back). The primary goal will likely be the promotion and supremacy of their own services over directly competing outfits. We will have to see, I suppose.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No. We should not. With so much hosted in the US the world SHOULD be abusing them for this. America and Americans should be shamed for letting this happen.
    No that's such an ubsurd stance, I did everything I could possibly do to change this. I can't stop representatives from taking bribes and Ajit pai from voting.

You don't understand how this works, I made many calls, talked about it with friends and family to get them active. There is only so much a private citizen can do. We didn't get to vote on this, only 5 humans out of 300+ million actually voted for this, and 3 out of those 5 are greedy paid off scumbags that voted for change.

How fucking dare you put this on me or any private citizen, honestly fuck you and fuck your ignorance, it's clear you don't know what you're talking about or what actually happened, educate yourself or else you're just parading around your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They could, but outside of naked profiteering there's no reason for them to do so (and they hadn't done this prior to the FCC restrictions put in place a few years back). The primary goal will likely be the promotion and supremacy of their own services over directly competing outfits. We will have to see, I suppose.
    And you don't think ISPs wouldn't use every single method available for naked profiteering now that every regulation related to teh internet is gone? This was not just about repelling the 2015 decision, they want all of it gone startign from the 90s.

You don't understand how this works, I made many calls, talked about it with friends and family to get them active. There is only so much a private citizen can do. We didn't get to vote on this, only 5 humans out of 300+ million actually voted for this, and 3 out of those 5 are greedy paid off scumbags that voted for change.
    And therein lies the problem. American citizens don't matter when the corporations can easily buy out your officials.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-12-15 at 05:04 AM.

And therein lies to problem. American citizens don't matter when the corporations can easily buy out your officials.
    That's my point, that's why I get annoyed when people put the blame on me or any other private citizen, I can't change this, shady deals done behind closed doors are completely out of my control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And you don't think ISPs wouldn't use every single method available for naked profiteering now that every regulation related to teh internet is gone? This was not just about repelling the 2015 decision, they want all of it gone startign from the 90s.
    They don't operate in a total vacuum - they'll need to move very slowly and carefully so as to not overplay their hand. The public eye is still strongly on them, and movements like that are a great way to either cultivate a successful competing service without such restrictions from pulling away the customer base or angering the public enough to get more federal or state regulations created.

If I am wearing my Machiavellian villain hat, the ideal route would be to wait 2-3 years for the public furor to die down - letting the fear of such things subside before slowly transforming the business into the kind of "packaged" deals you're discussing. People will begin to more readily believe that opposition to the repeal of Net Neutrality was essentially baseless fearmongering, freeing them to start tightening down services and segmenting the market accordingly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    No that's such an ubsurd stance, I did everything I could possibly do to change this. I can't stop representatives from taking bribes and Ajit pai from voting.

How fucking dare you put this on me or any private citizen, honestly fuck you and fuck your ignorance, it's clear you don't know what you're talking about or what actually happened, educate yourself or else you're just parading around your stupidity.
    I will put it on every American. Your country did this. You are all responsible. No matter what you did to try and stop it. Americans do the exact same to everyone else. It's your turn now.
    Aye mate

Infracted.
    What a reasonable person you must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    They don't operate in a total vacuum - they'll need to move very slowly and carefully so as to not overplay their hand. The public eye is still strongly on them, and movements like that are a great way to either cultivate a successful competing service without such restrictions from pulling away the customer base or angering the public enough to get more federal or state regulations created.

If I am wearing my Machiavellian villain hat, the ideal route would be to wait 2-3 years for the public furor to die down - letting the fear of such things subside before slowly transforming the business into the kind of "packaged" deals you're discussing. People will begin to more readily believe that opposition to the repeal of Net Neutrality was essentially baseless fearmongering, freeing them to start tightening down services and segmenting the market accordingly.
    Yeah, they won't hit the throttle tomorrow.

But eventually they will, and you, and the bad case whole world, will be the worse for it.

I will put it on every American. Your country did this. You are all responsible. No matter what you did to try and stop it. Americans do the exact same to everyone else. It's your turn now.
    I don't do that, stop thinking of people as a monolith, it's ignorant and hostile. How can 300+ million people thing and act exactly the same? How can the USA be a monolithic hive-mind, it's stupid to think such. You're being the aggressor here. You simply don't understand what actually goes on, you read headlines and assume outcomes, you don't know how little control we have.

I'm putting you on ignore because of your boldface ignorance and nation bashing, it's shameful and very showing of your personal knowledge and intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindfactor View Post

This is portugal...
    That is mobile, not internet cable... not the same tthing

Also, nothing will happen, its all just fear mongering from reddit.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so sure things will change.
    Because they're clueless and believe anything they read on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Your ISPs will probably go "Hey we see you do a lot of WoW, so we're gonna throttle Blizzard unless you buy our deluxe gamer package, only 19.99 on top of your bill."
    Are there any rivalry between ISPs to get their clients? This would be so natural

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    It won't affect WoW at all lol, damn Reddit fear mongers
    I wish you were right. I really do. Typically, a business wont spend time and money on something unless they expect to see huge returns from it. IE: Them charging extra for gaming online.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    That is mobile, not internet cable... not the same tthing

Also, nothing will happen, its all just fear mongering from reddit.
    How it is not the same thing? Both give access to the internet and without regulations can be sliced down to neat little expensive packages for maximum profit gouging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    So much to think about with this FCC. I am happy for once that I don't live in the states.
    The FCC is the Devil...
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

See, that is a horrible stance to have. Because the average American is Not responsible. The ones in office are. The fallacy that most people seem to be working upon is that we have any control, in anyway shape or form, over anything the politicians do. The truth is, we don't. We have zero control. Voting is rigged to a two party system with little to no choice thanks to the very ones we are voting on drawing district lines to swing a state to their side. Once they are in office, we have no way to effectively communicate with any of them and we are not even given the chance to vote on Many of the laws they work with.

In short, blaming the citizens is asinine. Im sure you personally have chats with your leader to discuss how they behave though, so its a new thing.

The FCC is even more out of anyones control. They are not controlled by voters or representatives. They are a separate entity that can do what ever they want and the people with the biggest wallets can pay them off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Because they're clueless and believe anything they read on the internet.
    The writing is on the wall. Time to smell the roses and open your eyes. Its not clueless to Know change will happen. Id rather be realistic and understand exactly what they can do now, and how they will probably begin to do it, then to stick my head in the sand and pretend they will play nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by BreathTaker View Post
    Are there any rivalry between ISPs to get their clients? This would be so natural
    Nope. The ISPs actually divvied up the US amongst each other to ensure they don't compete with one another. If someone tries to start a new ISP, the established ones litigate them to death. Big cities maybe you have two choices, usually Comcast or AT&T. Most everywhere else there's only one. They have a monopoly.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    All the more reason to take control of the internet away from the United States, 90% of the world doesn't get a say, but we all get fucked by the idiots you dumb fuckers vote for.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-15 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Received Infraction