Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some of us still care about the game and want to see it return to how amazing it, and Trion as a developer, was back in its heyday? We don't want to see the continued decline that the game has been in since NT : /

Because it reflects poorly on F2P models and the MMO industry overall, an industry that a lot of us care about and don't want to see continue to get a bad rep.
    That guy has been extremely disingenuous throughout all his posts. As a top end raider still in rift (yes its sad)- to me it is obvious he has no grasp on any more of the subject that you all do and is just choosing to smear you all.

When the CEO comes out to apologize because its that obvious their scheme is that wrong/shady it makes you wonder just why someone like gaymer is really holding the position.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You're right. I don't know anything about you, your disposable income, your spending habits, or anything. What I do know is what you have said & how you present yourself on these forums. You make yourself out to be a crybaby who is upset that other people might get something you can't/don't want to get yourself. You and a few others on these forums have done nothing but cry "ZOMG RIFT IS P2W" this entire thread while not listening or taking into account other games out there that have offered or still offer similar features. As for your crying that a whole 20 people play that game, yeah ok if you say so. Rift is not a heavily populated game but its not one foot in the grave either. I see plenty of people out in the world when I'm in game. In fact I'm in Meridian right now and see a good 15-20 in the crafting area alone. Oh but I guess that's where everyone spends their time now is in Meridian in the crafting area.
    The point I think some people are getting at is this.

First, let me tell you I am married and have a child. I work full time, usually 45-50 hours a week(though I do get to poke around on forums at work a bit). My wife works part-time. Even still we live paycheck-to-paycheck. Seems every time we start to get some money saved up, something happens. A/C goes out. Car breaks down. Due to the way our schedules work, the only time I really have to play games anymore is after both my wife and daughter go to bed, but before I go to bed. This leaves me a limited amount of time to play, while also being broke. So yeah, I don't have time OR money.

$15 a month for a sub is affordable. It used to be, I was able to pay $15 a month and even with my limited play time I was able to accomplish everything the game had to offer. With limited play-time AND limited funds, I was able to be one of the top raiders. To do this now takes MUCH more time OR MUCH more money. The grind is real and it drives players like me, who used to be active in guilds, helping others out on non-raid nights, away from the game.

THAT'S why I'm frustrated and do not play anymore. It stopped being fun and felt like a grind. It didn't used to be that way and I don't have the additional money to make it feel that way.

Yeah i mean the reality is that its not competitive anymore and its not difficult to be good at rift either. So the p2w factor sucks but it doesnt matter because you dont need the gear to clear content anyway.

Rift is just a fun filler that isnt worth my time or money anymore, just random spurts with friends.

And ya im the leader of Mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchmatoast View Post
    Yeah i mean the reality is that its not competitive anymore and its not difficult to be good at rift either. So the p2w factor sucks but it doesnt matter because you dont need the gear to clear content anyway.

Rift is just a fun filler that isnt worth my time or money anymore, just random spurts with friends.

And ya im the leader of Mate.
    Well I mean in terms of raiding what is there to compete for?

The first raid this expansion was an upscale of Rise of the Phoenix.

The first unique raid was 4 boss 10 man raid. Which decided to come out on LFR first for some odd reason.

The next and current raid has 3 bosses.

So all in all 7 bosses in over a year that are unique. That's disgraceful. Rise of the Phoenix upscaled has 4.

So in total over a year there has been 11 raid bosses and barely any content on the side.

The thing is though competition doesn't necessarily define pay to win. It's purely based on what is sold. Those caches were P2W because you were able to access the best gear for real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    the Dragons Hoard pack is still in the game apparently?

Anyone with it installed wanna confirm that because I really don't want to reinstall it?
    Somebody is getting totally confused, not surprising when you don't even have the game installed, what does this pack have to do with the "concerned" outrage?

You get an unique mount, get another tradable mount you can sell on Auction House, get some Captured Intel but..... that is not the reason why anyone would buy this pack, if it was just those items i'd be first to also say it was way overpriced, the gem in the pack is the almost 5 million Loyalty.

That alone is worth ~$12,000 or thereabouts, somebody on the Forum worked it out, that is enough Loyalty to get you from mostly into Black Tier all the way to Silver Tier and maxed out Loyalty, did i buy it? damned straight i bought it, i'm now maxed out full Silver Tier.

If it was any other time of the year i'd think about it but as it's Christmas and all that good stuff, i treated myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    snip
    "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Such loyalty, much wow. I'd sooner take that money, light it on fire and mail the burnt crisps to Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

Such loyalty, much wow. I'd sooner take that money, light it on fire and mail the burnt crisps to Trion.
    To be fair if people wanna throw their money at it I'm in no position to say otherwise. Still doesn't excuse Trion and the aggressive milking tactics they've been pulling recently.

Do I think there's better things to spend it on however? Of course I do. Hell for £189.99 that the pack is I could probably get 20 decent Indie games or 4-7 decent PS4 games depending on the price. So for me actual games>some loyalty points.

The funny part is though while that pack stays it's been proven that the majority were against the 100 dollar mount lootbox and P2W bs. No way in hell did the majority say they wanted that to stay otherwise it would have stayed.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-15 at 07:13 AM.

To be fair if people wanna throw their money at it I'm in no position to say otherwise. Still doesn't excuse Trion and the aggressive milking tactics they've been pulling recently.

Do I think there's better things to spend it on however? Of course I do. Hell for £189.99 I could probably get 20 decent Indie games or 4-7 decent PS4 games depending on the price. So for me actual games>some loyalty points.

The funny part is though while that pack stays it's been proven that the majority were against the 100 dollar mount lootbox and P2W bs. No way in hell did the majority say they wanted that to stay otherwise it would have stayed.
    Yeah I just wonder how long these BS lootboxes stay gone though. I mean sure if people want to toss their money at it, by all means. I mean I've seen just how much money people toss into a simple Gacha phone game like Fire Emblem Heroes, so nothing surprises me there. I'm glad community feedback got them yanked though, that type of shit should be met by scorn and outrage.

10+ Year Old Account

If you think $250 is a lot of money that's fine, all people have to do is flip a few more burgers, mow some extra lawns, take up a second paper round and maybe they can afford one.

Yeah I just wonder how long these BS lootboxes stay gone though. I mean sure if people want to toss their money at it, by all means. I mean I've seen just how much money people toss into a simple Gacha phone game like Fire Emblem Heroes, so nothing surprises me there. I'm glad community feedback got them yanked though, that type of shit should be met by scorn and outrage.
    Well the CEO apparently came out and said it was wrong. I mean kudos to him for at least admitting that but well that doesn't solve the many issues with Rift.

Now the question is if it was wrong then why did you pull a P2W stunt first, take it back and then pull a lootbox stunt like that?

I mean surely the first time would have woken them up?

And he goes on about finding a way to introduce this kind of crap without annoying the playerbase? HOW ABOUT DON'T INTRODUCE IT AT ALL?

If you are going to sell a mount then throw a £5-£8 price tag on it and sell it. Don't put 42 in a lootbox and charge $100 for a 1 in 42 chance.

If you are going to go P2W at least admit you are going back on your design path beforehand.

It's fine, all people have to do is flip a few more burgers, mow some extra lawns, take up a second paper round and maybe they can afford one.
    K, what about the people that have plenty of money to spend on this type of thing and still find it to be a crap business decision and let it be known. You are just assuming EVERYONE that is complaining can't afford these things. That is just one of the many mistakes you constantly make, but hey whatever you keep on doing you.

- - - Updated - - -

Well the CEO apparently came out and said it was wrong. I mean kudos to him for at least admitting that but well that doesn't solve the many issues with Rift.

Now the question is if it was wrong then why did you pull a P2W stunt first, take it back and then pull a lootbox stunt like that?

I mean surely the first time would have woken them up?
    Maybe it is just a desperate attempt to salvage/PR things. From what people have said the lack of communication on Trion's end is pretty telling though. Maybe they can recover a slight bit after this PR fuckup and come clean with their customers and explain what they have in mind. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    what about the people that have plenty of money to spend on this type of thing and still find it to be a crap business decision and let it be known.
    Tell me again why i should give a crap about what other people do with their money or try to tell me what to do with mine?

Tell me again why i should give a crap about what other people do with their money or try to tell me what to do with mine?
    I don't give a shit what you do with your money but you are the one rushing to defend a company for what some view as shitty business practices to fleece their community and then at the same time insult people by assuming they are all too poor to buy these 'great deals'. I'm sure you were totally fine with what EA was doing too. Anyways, stop replying to me. You don't get it, you never will and you'll continue to defend this game until it finally dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are the one rushing to defend a company for what some view as shitty business practices to fleece their community
    Show me again where i'm defending Trion? take your time now *hint* i've said a few times it was a ridiculous price, i certainly wouldn't buy a one mount box for $100, heck if i knew somebody had to make a choice between buying that pack and missing out on a hot meal or missing a vital car/Mortgage repayment i'd be the first to advise them not to do it, even though i already said i shouldn't really care about how they spend their money.

Having said that, short of people posting their Bank balances no one knows anyone's financial status and i'm not going to rant on if somebody buys/does not buy, has no affect on me, my game play and i don't intend to play the "indignant" SJW voicing a false concern about their fellow "gamers".

Well I mean in terms of raiding what is there to compete for?

The first raid this expansion was an upscale of Rise of the Phoenix.

The first unique raid was 4 boss 10 man raid. Which decided to come out on LFR first for some odd reason.

The next and current raid has 3 bosses.

So all in all 7 bosses in over a year that are unique. That's disgraceful. Rise of the Phoenix upscaled has 4.

So in total over a year there has been 11 raid bosses and barely any content on the side.

The thing is though competition doesn't necessarily define pay to win. It's purely based on what is sold. Those caches were P2W because you were able to access the best gear for real money.
    Oh sorry m8 i meant its not competitive anymore in compariosn to nmt. At least it was competitive there, then in the final months all the specs got pumped down to very easy mode and having top gear was no longer a requirement.

The issue is that i beleive 8
    90% of the players that did raid in nmt and earlier in a progression guilds have either been banned or quit rift unfortunately.

So majority of the players i think in this expansion actually come from this expansion, where macroing everything into 1 button is the norm and acceptable way of playing. Then they reach 2nd boss in BoS and dont understand why it is difficult to clear.

This lead to players believing it was the gear holding back progression, not playstyle, buffs debuffs and raidcomps. When in reality even though the top gear and stats are P2W, they are not necessary to complete content currently.

This is the main reason I dont really mind whats going on, i dont need to P2W to clear content. If I did it would be a different story.

10+ Year Old Account

To be fair, Trion probably gave him an 80% discount employee/sub-contractor fee.

If you think $250 is a lot of money that's fine, all people have to do is flip a few more burgers, mow some extra lawns, take up a second paper round and maybe they can afford one.
    I already work 45+ hours a week and it's my wife's busy season, she's working 12 hour days 5-6 days a week right now. That extra money she;s making right now is making Christmas happen for my daughter. Due to how much she works, when she's home, she's sleeping. I'm still working full time, picking my daughter up from school and bringing her to work. When I get home I gotta make dinner, get her fed and in bath and bed, then I gotta get laundry and dishes and other stuff around the house done. Where am I supposed to find the time to "flip a few more burgers, mow some extra lawns or take up a second paper round?" My day is already full working and taking care of my daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I already work 45+ hours a week and it's my wife's busy season, she's working 12 hour days 5-6 days a week right now. That extra money she;s making right now is making Christmas happen for my daughter. Due to how much she works, when she's home, she's sleeping. I'm still working full time, picking my daughter up from school and bringing her to work. When I get home I gotta make dinner, get her fed and in bath and bed, then I gotta get laundry and dishes and other stuff around the house done. Where am I supposed to find the time to "flip a few more burgers, mow some extra lawns or take up a second paper round?" My day is already full working and taking care of my daughter.
    It's funny because Brasse said those packs were for those who don't have time.

And what about those who can only play Rift for an hour or two a day and don't have the money?

Luckily those who thought they were in the majority don't seem to be. And by those I mean the people acting like it wasn't P2W or defending it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-15 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know damn well this is pay to win. You know damn well this allows people to get powerful gear for real money.

Never mind not even worth trying. Just gonna throw you on ignore. Makes this a lot easier.
    So are they offering real power gear that is relevant for current end game? Is that what I am hearing? Thats way over the line imo. Not even WoW does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So are they offering real power gear that is relevant for current end game? Is that what I am hearing? Thats way over the line imo. Not even WoW does that.
    They were is the key thing now.

Thankfully for once they listened to the majority and removed it.