Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How do people not have 20+ 110s by now? Why would you ever need to level again anyway? This is a change for new players.

Longer leveling doesn't mean less fun. In fact, it means MORE fun because of how ONLY ONE BUTTON REQUIRED EASY leveling currently is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    We do not have proof that leveling now takes longer.
    I just went on the PTR again. I had a level 27, fully heirloomed Prot Warrior with Riding Skill and of course mounts. I went to do Duskwood (since Blizz had asked for testing there). I had in fact already done a few intro quests in Duskwood. That's the reason I chose that toon in the first place. I had done the intro quests to kill spiders and wolves and I think 1 or 2 more.

I started playing, literally did not take breaks for anything and played untill I was done with just the quests in and around Darkshire, which completed the Zone Chapters of "The Legend of Stalvan" and "Citizens of Darkshire" while also getting progress with about 3 quests on the Chapter "A Hermit's Errand".

That took me 50 freaking minutes. There were several kill quests that took FOREVER cause every mob now takes 6-10 attacks instead of being 1 or 2 shot.

And in those 50 min I managed 2 whole levels. Again, in FULL HEIRLOOMS. I did the rough math, if I kept that speed, it would take me some further 14 hours of pure leveling without any breaks to reach level 60. And that's with being pretty much half way already!

So, there you have it. Actual proof that leveling is ridiculously slow now.

(and don't even get me started on the fact heirlooms are now basically REQUIRED to make sure leveling is tolerable. Without them you can add OODLES of time on top of this due to missing out on some 50% bonus XP and slightly better stats (and thus kill times)).

i mean making shit faster cuz we now have 110(soon 120) levels is understandable

what dumb is making it take 10x less time to level to 110 than it used to take to level to 60 back in vanilla..

blizzard took away a significant portion of fun you can have while playing the game.. cuz while some ppl saying that they hate leveling and want to do max level content as fast as possible, other ppl want leveling experience to not be steamrolled in a matter of hours and without any effort

leveling should be a part of content.. it shouldnt be irrelevant

also there is an option of character boost for people that dont like leveling..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    leveling should be a part of content.. it shouldnt be irrelevant
    Right. So make heirlooms do what they are supposed to do. Make them speed up leveling significantly. Make them as strong as they are now on Live. Make someone with heirlooms be able to level from 1-110 in roughly the same time it takes now.

And let the people who do not want that experience level without heirlooms. Let that experience be just as long and fulfilling as the fans of that playstyle want. Nobody would complain, cause the fans of slow and slightly dangerous leveling would have what they want and people who do not want that can get basic heirlooms to speed through that for a decent amount of gold to speed through.

It's the fact Blizzard is trying to FORCE one half of this conversation to adhere to the other side, JUST like they forced the leisure leveling people to adhere to the speed leveling people on Live right now, that is upsetting a lot of people (including me). It's not fair how it is now, but it's also not fair how it is shaping up on PTR.

Blizzard, as they seemingly always do, are pendulem swinging from one extreme (too fast) to the other (too slow and restricted). While most people are asking for balance, not either extreme.

also there is an option of character boost for people that dont like leveling..
    Forcing people to spend the amount you would spend on a full game, just cause they don't agree with something is not cool. It wouldn't be cool to force people who do not like speed leveling to pay full game price for their experience either.

In fact, people who enjoy leveling in reasonable time ALREADY pay a premium for what they want through having to spend hundreds of thousands of gold on Heirlooms (which are getting unfairly nerfed, by proxxy, in this process too). And now those heirlooms no longer do what they were supposed to do either, what we paid huge sums for.

Again, this is just the pendulem swinging and as is typical, Blizzard doesn't seem to be able to do it in a reasonable way, but has decided to swing wildly to the opposite of what it is right now on Live.

10+ Year Old Account
    good thing i have every class at 110 or 100

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Nah I don't feel the need to buy a boost. I haven't even used the free boost though I was tempted with how miserable pre-7.3.5 is.
    Maybe you don't but a lot more people will buy them and that is why they nerfed leveling XP.
    Not to actually make the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by NormalGamer View Post
    I can’t understand why players are exited for MORE TIME enduring old content. I play wow since the Burning Crusade and yes i loved it, but the reality is that all those zones are OLD CONTENT now.

I want to level characters as fast as possible to 100 so i can experience legion with them, but with the scaling zones is gonna take so long that might as well PAY $60. Old content IS NOT the game, the game begins at 110 where you can raid, do bgs, arenas, make gold, hunt for transmogs, artifact skins, etc.

World of Warcraft is the ONLY RPG that has gotten this big.

Do people have so much time on their hands that they can literally waist it playing irrelevant content?
    I enjoy leveling toons, I especially enjoy leveling with a friend or somebody I consider special. I have every class at max level, but that doesn't mean I won't bother leveling toons with friends.

No other RPG has 110 Levels
    are you serious? Please tell me you are joking here.. WoW is on the lower end of other MMO's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    How do people not have 20+ 110s by now? Why would you ever need to level again anyway? This is a change for new players.
    I've played since launch. I only started my first DK a week ago. A lot of us only focus on one character at a time. Not everyone has the spare time to level 20+ characters.
    Aye mate

Right now I am an 83 resto druid who literally only needs to Moonfire ONCE to kill a mob. I like to add some complexity to it and Sunfire too just to kill them a second or two quicker.

Thank f*** for the changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I just went on the PTR again. I had a level 27, fully heirloomed Prot Warrior with Riding Skill and of course mounts. I went to do Duskwood (since Blizz had asked for testing there). I had in fact already done a few intro quests in Duskwood. That's the reason I chose that toon in the first place. I had done the intro quests to kill spiders and wolves and I think 1 or 2 more.

I started playing, literally did not take breaks for anything and played untill I was done with just the quests in and around Darkshire, which completed the Zone Chapters of "The Legend of Stalvan" and "Citizens of Darkshire" while also getting progress with about 3 quests on the Chapter "A Hermit's Errand".

That took me 50 freaking minutes. There were several kill quests that took FOREVER cause every mob now takes 6-10 attacks instead of being 1 or 2 shot.

And in those 50 min I managed 2 whole levels. Again, in FULL HEIRLOOMS. I did the rough math, if I kept that speed, it would take me some further 14 hours of pure leveling without any breaks to reach level 60. And that's with being pretty much half way already!

So, there you have it. Actual proof that leveling is ridiculously slow now.

(and don't even get me started on the fact heirlooms are now basically REQUIRED to make sure leveling is tolerable. Without them you can add OODLES of time on top of this due to missing out on some 50% bonus XP and slightly better stats (and thus kill times)).
    Is 24-30 hours really that long for 1-60?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I've played since launch. I only started my first DK a week ago. A lot of us only focus on one character at a time. Not everyone has the spare time to level 20+ characters.
    So if you've been playing 13 years, why do you need the leveling process to be quick when you already aren't utilizing it and haven't for more than a decade? You've obviously made due without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    So if you've been playing 13 years, why do you need the leveling process to be quick when you already aren't utilizing it and haven't for more than a decade? You've obviously made due without it.
    Because I already have lore master and don't want to do it again and again.
    Aye mate

Right. So make heirlooms do what they are supposed to do. Make them speed up leveling significantly. Make them as strong as they are now on Live. Make someone with heirlooms be able to level from 1-110 in roughly the same time it takes now.

And let the people who do not want that experience level without heirlooms. Let that experience be just as long and fulfilling as the fans of that playstyle want. Nobody would complain, cause the fans of slow and slightly dangerous leveling would have what they want and people who do not want that can get basic heirlooms to speed through that for a decent amount of gold to speed through.

so you want ppl to intentionally handicap themselves? lol that is a stupid logic

- - - Updated - - -

Forcing people to spend the amount you would spend on a full game, just cause they don't agree with something is not cool. It wouldn't be cool to force people who do not like speed leveling to pay full game price for their experience either.

no one will force them to do it.. they can still level, it will just take more time and more effort..

Deleted
    I can’t understand why players are exited for MORE TIME enduring old content. I play wow since the Burning Crusade and yes i loved it, but the reality is that all those zones are OLD CONTENT now.

I want to level characters as fast as possible to 100 so i can experience legion with them, but with the scaling zones is gonna take so long that might as well PAY $60. Old content IS NOT the game, the game begins at 110 where you can raid, do bgs, arenas, make gold, hunt for transmogs, artifact skins, etc.

World of Warcraft is the ONLY RPG that has gotten this big.

Do people have so much time on their hands that they can literally waist it playing irrelevant content?
    Are you certain it takes longer?
    As far as I know they increased the exp req, just because the content scales with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Maybe you don't but a lot more people will buy them and that is why they nerfed leveling XP.
    Not to actually make the game better.
    But why do the game feel better on the PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    But why do the game feel better on the PTR?
    It does not.

I don't know. I'm not sure about my opinion about this problem now. From one point of view being able to enjoy leveling in old zones - is actually good thing. I like leveling. But from other point of view - scaling itself is enough to solve this problem. Exp, needed to level to 110 have been constantly reduced for one purpose only - to keep time, needed to get to level cap, constant, while adding more and more xpacks. And now Blizzard go against this core principle. Some level ranges, like 50-60, TBC and WotLK are extremely obsoleted, boring and, despite of loving WotLK, I always try to pass them as fast, as possible,. And if Blizzard will increase exp, needed to do it - it will only make things much worse. Another downside of this change - is scaling in raids, that is completely unnecessary.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It does not.
    Ah so you are projecting your opinions on me as though I am wrong in what I like. Control freak much?