Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So will be interesting to see the results at the end of this week. If we dont see any increase, I could def see blizz upping the chances in 7.3.5

Deleted
    Next week in normal pugs: link curve, link trinket, ilvl965 only

Is it honestly considered that good of a trinket anyways? A bit unrelated to the discussion, I know, but it's just a boring stat battery. Does it sim well for most classes/speccs?

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Is it honestly considered that good of a trinket anyways? A bit unrelated to the discussion, I know, but it's just a boring stat battery. Does it sim well for most classes/speccs?
    The legendary trinket drops at level 1000, and unless you're wearing 985 BiS trinkets, it will be better than whatever you're wearing. For some specs, it's straight up BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    The legendary trinket drops at level 1000, and unless you're wearing 985 BiS trinkets, it will be better than whatever you're wearing. For some specs, it's straight up BiS.
    Perhaps. I don't know how it sims, but "it's 1000 ilvl" by itself is kind of a weak argument. It has no real effect other than increasing some stats at random, is that really better than a 970+ version of some of the other trinkets?

Since for some classes (boomkins, warlocks, warriors, hunters and probably several others I can't name from the top of my head) using 860 arcano is worth over many other 50-100 ilvls higher trinkets, then yea. Majority of dps specs scale better with secondaries than primaries (few exceptions are rogue, monk, feral afaik).

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Only if your tanks get it, if they get unlucky then the whole group suffers cause you can never activate the buff.
    You only need 4 people to activate it, so you can do without a tank if you get str dps, agi dps, int dps and healer (or someone with legendary). What I find most hilarious is I have the tank trinket and while it's bad for me I wouldn't mind to wear it just so the dpsers get their group buff, but they themselves don't want to wear their counterparts over other trinkets, they claim they need at least 4-6 weeks of pantheon's blessing for these to be worth wearing.

Perhaps. I don't know how it sims, but "it's 1000 ilvl" by itself is kind of a weak argument. It has no real effect other than increasing some stats at random, is that really better than a 970+ version of some of the other trinkets?
    Is that a joke? It's a 1k ilvl arcanocrystal, one of the best trinkets in the game for most people. Yes, it's a good trinket despite how boring you may think it is. Which isn't a bad thing because most of the proc based trinkets this expansion have been terrible.

both these are just quick/dirty attempts,w/ no crusible data included
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...6tuKsEzxrSHs7S this with no pantheon proc
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...PW7kmwxHT4f5R6 sim'd with 11 aman'thul's in raid,roughly where you see diminishing return on proc uptime

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    You only need 4 people to activate it, so you can do without a tank if you get str dps, agi dps, int dps and healer (or someone with legendary). What I find most hilarious is I have the tank trinket and while it's bad for me I wouldn't mind to wear it just so the dpsers get their group buff, but they themselves don't want to wear their counterparts over other trinkets, they claim they need at least 4-6 weeks of pantheon's blessing for these to be worth wearing.
    Ah I thought it was tank healer caster melee, makes it easier then. We had ~ 8-9 ppl wearing it on a couple of kills this week, but they said it wasn't worth much with that amount. Think we only had 1 healer with it so maybe will be better when more healers get.

Quote Originally Posted by Akusa202 View Post
    Is that a joke? It's a 1k ilvl arcanocrystal, one of the best trinkets in the game for most people. Yes, it's a good trinket despite how boring you may think it is. Which isn't a bad thing because most of the proc based trinkets this expansion have been terrible.

Most specs I know of sim better with an equal ilevel epic trinket. Like I play an affliction warlock, the spec that benefits most from arcano crystal probably and an ilevel 1000 norgannon's is within .1% dps of an amanthul's for me.

all the people I've seen sim have found pretty much the same. Yes, arcano crystal is good, but large swathes of the player base seems to be seriously undervaluing the other trinkets.

For now the other trinkets are not ilevel 1000 and will not be for a while so the amanthul's is still a very worthwhile drop even if eventually another trinket might come ahead for your spec. You won't be at that point for like another two and a half months.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    if you already have the pantheon trinket for your current lootspec, you just get one random for a different lootspec. Happened to my dk as I got the strength trinket in bloodspec in week 3, that means you don't even have to exclude characters that already looted one, unless they have all available for their class.
    I quickly checked the 2nd week drop rate for people who already got pantheon trinket on 1st week, and it was much smaller for them, around 4% drop for 2nd trinket. Partly because some classes can't even get more than 1. So I'm excluding characters who got the trinket already on earlier weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Are all the characters in the data for the 2nd week people who killed it first week also? If so 17 vs 17.3% seems close enough to suggest its not bad luck protected which is pretty concerning, at that drop rate a significant amount of people wont even have the trinket once people start reaching 1000ilvl.
    Yes all the characters in the 2nd week have killed Argus on first week too. I would expect the drop rates to go higher at some point, if nothing else Blizzard could manually increase them like they've done with legendaries many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    Most specs I know of sim better with an equal ilevel epic trinket. Like I play an affliction warlock, the spec that benefits most from arcano crystal probably and an ilevel 1000 norgannon's is within .1% dps of an amanthul's for me.

all the people I've seen sim have found pretty much the same. Yes, arcano crystal is good, but large swathes of the player base seems to be seriously undervaluing the other trinkets.
    People forget Arcano is all secondaries and secondary stats don't scale up as fast as primaries.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

My experience:

I have 10 toons and right now I did it 30 times.

ATV happend for my rogue on he 19th kill, got trinkets on my lock, mage, DK, shaman (ele and enhancemen each), paladin.

No scythe.

Deleted
    Our "normal" raid setup:

Agi
    2 x Rogues
    2 x DH
    1 x Feral
    2 x Hunters

Caster
    4 x Mages
    1 x Shadow
    1 x Warlock

Healer
    4-5 (Priest, Monk, Shaman, Paladin, Druids)

Tank
    2 (Monk + Druid)

strength
    1 warri

Guess which class will get the wildcard trinket?
    I bet on our warrior...

I refuse to believe the drop rate is 17%, I have 2 drops of the item that boosts the level of the trinket but no trinket yet.

Deleted

Well the proc on ATV is kinda lackluster compared to the epic one.

But you will probably use both pantheon trinkets if you have them.

I got the leggo one, but not my strenght one

It is BIS for affliction both single and multi target.

http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Sims/Trinket

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post
    But you will probably use both pantheon trinkets if you have them.(
    you cannot wear two pantheon* category trinkets at the same time

*path of the titans

Honestly, the epic trinkets are like on par with amanthul's at equal ilevel. Was kind of surprised by that, I was ready to be salty over the drop rate but I don't care that much anymore.
    20 ppl with spec specific trinket will have less chance of proccing the raid proc than 20ppl with legendary thou. Those trinket spreadsheets assume same raidprocrate chance when comparing. So they are only really accurate if you are the only on in raid with a spec specific trinket and the rest have legendary.