Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dwarfgnomes?

Well, after blizzcon it already seems like blizzard is jumping on the PC bandwagon anyway. So i dont think it will change much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aphrel
    Well, after blizzcon it already seems like blizzard is jumping on the PC bandwagon anyway. So i dont think it will change much.
    Much that, I don't think it will somehow worse affect neither art, nor story, nor game mechanics. Really, it's already difficult to expect something even worse.

If we talk about mergers, then I would suggest (Disney) + (Activision-Blizzard) + (Microsoft). Conglomerate will subordinate a large part of entertainment infrastructure (including soft, games and movies with cartoons)
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-07-23 at 06:00 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    It's happening :
    And she's a Frost mage too!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    I don't think Disney would buy out activision blizzard with the intent to capitalize on WoW. MMO's are not that popular, however they are making a slow and steady comeback it seems.

They would capitalize on Overwatch and Heroes. Both of which would probably be left alone, if anything it would be dumbed down to reach an even greater mass audience.
    Man, I could definitely see Disney turning Overwatch characters into kid-friendly, dopey versions of themselves with the official Disney logo stamped on their asses.

Imagine going to Disney World with your family and seeing one of the actors dressed up as Tracer, kneeling down to take a picture with your kid brother or something. Maybe it's because they seem so pixar-like in the OW cinematics, but it feels like something that's very plausible.

Welp, so much for getting sleep tonight.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2017-12-15 at 09:26 AM.

Maybe they could launch good movies then :P
    WarCraft was okayish but could have been muuuuch better

Deleted
    I think this could be a big chance. Imagine a Warcraft show à la "Game of Thrones", which could make up for all things omitted from the movie, expanding on the universe. They could produce an Overwatch show, or a show based on the StarCraft universe. Or Diablo. Whatever.

There is some potential in Blizzard's trademarks. And currenty, I have enough trust in Disney's management that they could make it right. They did nothing wrong with Marvel's cinematic universe yet, and don't seem to have negative impact on Star Wars, either. Though I have to admit that "Rogue One" is my favorite movie in this universe, and it's a bit different from the rest. Anyway, Episode 7 was better than Episodes 1-3 in my opinion.

Disney would fuck it up and turn wow into another SJW cluster fuck like all their movies.

Inside the games? I don't think we'll see much difference. But there will be a lot more merchandise based on the franchies, and perhaps they'll get to work on TV-shows/movies as well. Maybe cancel plans for classic server, since that will probably be more of a "gift" from Blizzard to the their loyal fans, than a viable product on its own.
    Mother pus bucket!

It would either really make Overwatch or break it.

OW is just a hero arena shooter, the gameplay and mechanics are solid but there's no story to be told in game.

The story is being told via cinematics, comics and stories outside of the game - which is an interesting thought since it allows them to make canon without having it influence the game world.

Bring Disney into that mix and you could see either a lot of stuff being produced and pushed out - hell the OW movies looks straight out of Big Hero 6. But you'd also see other heroes coming into the game that might not really match up with what Blizz is trying to do (make an eSport.)

Like what happens if they put in Mickey Mouse in OW? Outside of it being jarring as hell, how do you define what happens when he dies and would they balance a character that's basically god in the Disney universe?

Alternately it could lead to tons and tons of skins - Mickey eared Roadhog, Goofy Junkrat, Sora Genji, Donald Duck Tjorborn, Maleficent Mercy.

You get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Disney would fuck it up and turn wow into another SJW cluster fuck like all their movies.
    Do you have any examples of this happening?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Council boss of Kylo Ren, Ironman and Sora.
    Sora is a Square Enix character, Disney can't buy Japanese companies but they can do agreement to have him in WoW like Kingdom Hearts had Disney characters in case they buy Activision Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by oakshana View Post
    you shut yore filthy mouf!
    what this guy said reeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    First of all, Disney doesnt like to associate itself with violent video games so if it happened it would not be incorporated into its other character base like the Star Wars franchise which is FAR more widely accepted and family friendly. That would mean that its value is far lower in the bigger market place but the entire business would sell for about the same amount. which would you see as a bigger profit maker in the long run: Star Wars and its endless amount of toys that moms will buy for there kids without worry or an mmo that has too many horror stories of addiction and the other me too late to the party games like hearthstone, Heroes of the storm and overwatch. Starcraft is a dying franchise and Diablo 3 has gone about as far as that type of gameplay can go, Call of duty is looking more like a generic war shooter with nothing new to offer and Destiny already disappointed gamers with the first release. Disney would be better off getting the rights to Harry Potter or some other company that actually knows how to make a decent movie...
    Disney has no problem with violent games of multiple themes.

What they do have a problem with is if your CEO or project lead or whatever is a piece of crap.

If it comes out that you're a sexual harasser, well that hurts the brand and they'll pull your license.

EA might also be skating on thin ice because of the loot box fiasco in SW:BF2. It's rattled enough cages that there have been rumors that Disney may pull out.

The house of mouse doesn't gamble and running afoul of gaming commissions again hurts the brand.

Disney wants to own your childhood and your nostalgia and grow up with you to be mature but American decent. So violence is OK, but low to now sex and your management has to be good people. Or face having your licensing rights revoked, Disney practically prints their own money so they can find competent developers and publishers anywhere.

Deleted
    Hopefully, Hearthstone will magically get balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    What do you think? Seems that Disney is buying anything that is popular and have a big fanbase
    I would've thought Disney didn't dare touch MMO's, I mean, they got backstabbed by EA (They should've seen that coming). They got burnt on smaller products too. And I have a feeling Activision-Blizzard doesn't wanna let go of Blizzard, and not sure Disney will like a Call of Mickey expansion pack for CoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    Hopefully, Hearthstone will magically get balanced.
    Sorry, Disney doesn't fix, they relaunch or make new.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The animation of the characters and scenary would make WOW look like a Pixar movie

And yes Mickey Mouse as a ruthless boss who don't take shit.

As people said, Activision and Blizzard are one. If Disney wanted to swallow up a Publisher and Gaming studios. Activision Blizzard would be great idea. You make hell of a return on WoW itself. Hearthstone and Overwatch (Make a "Rebels" art style cartoon for Disney XD), Candy Crush(mobile app games are the trend). After the backlash on Battlefront 2, it's either restart Lucasarts or buy a Publisher/Developer.

Queen Aszhara is actually a mermaid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Do you have any examples of this happening?
    They made a female lead of a movie. There for "SJW cluster fuck".
    Aye mate