Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    I would only consider agreeing with you if we were allowed to level those races before launch of the expansion. I have dreamed of playing Zandalari since ZA - But I will not destroy my chances to be geared for the first raid when it opens by beginning the new expansion with leveling a new character. Most people want to get into the new content when the expansion launches, not leveling through old content.
    You will still have to play some of the new content to unlock Zandalari in the first place (I heard something about Exalted?).

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    You will still have to play some of the new content to unlock Zandalari in the first place (I heard something about Exalted?).
    They specifically said you'd need to play through BfA content for some (Dark Iron/Zandalari presumably) so those 2 races at least won't be seen right from the start.

However regardless of whether you had to start at lvl20 or finish the BfA zones first, there would still be people max level on new races long before the vast majority of players even reach level cap anyway. So why put in some arbitrary cock-block that won't stop people power level/rushing to get it and "ruin your uniqueness" anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    What a special snowflake wannabe you are.

Sooner you realize this is a videogame and what other people do with their set of pixels is nothing you should worry about, better.

Inb4 you get this personal, there will be ABSOLUTELY ZERO exclusivity in the new allied races. Everyone and their brother will try it, so why even bother if someone thinks they're cool enough to be their main but don't wanna throw away years of played time, reps, itens and achievements? Everyone is leveling at least one toon just to get that awesome heritage armor anyways. Personally I'd rather delete an alt than pay that ridiculous price for a race change, but if someone thinks different and is willing to do it, why should I care?
    It’s not hard to buy blizzard balance with gold just make sure you do it before prices are inflated and it’s gg. Race change is what £8? Thats like 200k. Even if you only do WQs and mission boards you can get that in a month.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then again, if you are just a teeny bit clever, you have an unused lv 90, 100 and soon possibly 110 boost lying around....

It is funny how in no "I want race x, it must be added to the game" it was all about lore and what would look cool, never about the money made from race changes. Do people just wait for new races to be announced to crawl out for this statement?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah..and unfortunately it can be said about so many things in the game that people get worked up about.
    I've wasted all my boosts thus far... I hope I won't use the next one on a char I end up not enjoying lol

I hope they can. I will main my warrior for the expansion so I can be a Void Elf

gonna be a lot of void elves, and lightforged draneis i bet

Blizzard would never give up all the free money they are going to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Pretty sure you can race change once you unlock, or why else would they say you need a fresh character to unlock heritage armor?
    You can race change straight away, but you only unlock heritage armour once you level one. It was on the MMO home page a while back

Disabling race change would effectively lock people who don't want to switch mains out of the racials and new looks. Most people are at least somewhat attached to their main / existing alts, and would thus never try the new race, at least for a character that bears meaning for them.

It's a different story though, that introducing a new race should also come with at least 1 free race change per account...but then again, people will pay for that so they don't really need to do that. I race changed into worgen on the very first day of cataclysm and I would have been pretty pissed if they hadn't allowed me to do so. Worgen was also the best race for DPS raid role so locking all the current mains out of that would be abysmal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    90-99% of this content - account wide
    I'm sorry, what? Are you arguing that this content is account wide, or that it should be; because the latter is something I absolutely agree with. The former, however, is totally false:

- Many achievements have their progress tallied account-wide, but many more do not.
    - Reputations are on a per-character basis and always have been (MoP was that closest we got to account-wide).
    - I said Character-specific titles, and last I checked Gladiator et al. were not account-wide.
    - Prestige is on a per-character basis. It's a huge pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    It would be nice to have some exclusivity to them sorta like a "hero race."

It was a little jarring to see troll and worgen druid already at max level with full epic ICC gear back in cata. Would be nice to give them some uniqueness. At least for the first half of the expansion or something, idk. Thoughts?
    Well think of it like this instead, those heroes were already out there doing amazing things and have just now decided to throw their pack in with your faction. Do you really think all the zandalari are lvl 20's in twink gear?

Ya... No. I leveled one of every toon to max and I do not have the time to relevel another toon or two, let alone 6. Plus I'd rather see diversity, not 50000 humans and blood elves

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Same can be said about you to be honest. People who go around saying this are the biggest snowflakes, entitled to wanting everything by not working for it. Sooner you realize this is a videogame and what other people get with their set of pixels is nothing you should worry about, the better.
    The hypocrisy is real.

On topic: It's been mentioned already. People wont leave their hardworked characters to just play on a new race, which is why Blizzard will always enable the race change. Apart from the obvious monetary gain on their part.
    Except I'm not trying to push what I think Blizzard should do over other people's game. If someone thinks their allied race toons should remain "unique" and want to level them the hard way, by all means (and by the way, that's what I'm doing with mine). Just don't tell me it should be like this for everyone else just so you can feel "special".

I am sure if you race change to one of the new races ... you will get an option to buy/unlock the heritage armor. If you level up, it's for "free". Otherwise you will see again more china farmer leveling services, and I am sure Blizzard rather wants that money than giving it to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope they can. Actually I know they can.

Fuck 'exclusivity' and using underhanded methods to keep things 'rare'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is laughing in money at this post.

They are nerfing the leveling fromt 1-60. And allied races are coming.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard is laughing in money at this post.

They are nerfing the leveling fromt 1-60. And allied races are coming.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
    Well i don't know about a nerf. More like a streamline cause the leveling will be to scale. so if you are in Westfall, Kalimdor and you are lvl 33 but traditionally it's a lvl 10--20 area I think you will be able to do quest at lvl 33 exp, gear and gold payouts and be challenged by level 33 monsters in PVE. Kind of seems a win win scenario for both the veterans and the newbies really. Once you get to legion and beyond leveling it won't matter as legion scales in dungeon keystone tiers already; but the new races everyone is going to want to play, all start at level 20 not 55 like DK or 98 like DH or 100 for a character boost. So if it is a nerf, it might be a good nerf but might come with a whole new set of problems too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Too bad they aren't changing leveling pacing in the next patch... Oh wait...
    For the first time in ages I'm actually genuinely looking forward to levelling a new character in part because of the rescaled content, and this is despite already having all classes except monk, an unused 90 boost warlock and a level locked Paladin at level 100+.

Being able to choose my own levelling path is going to allow for an experience that is much less linear.

I recently levelled a Deathknight to legion content who was sat at level 62 for ages, my levelling process basically consisted of getting to the level required for the next zone, and then travelling directly to it to do the higher level quests which give more xp and therefore leaving much of the previous zone incomplete. With the new scaling I'll hopefully be able to stay in whatever zone I want for as long as I want (assuming that I have quests to do obviously).
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-12-18 at 12:32 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

What an absolute shit idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    Blizzard is laughing in money at this post.

They are nerfing the leveling fromt 1-60. And allied races are coming.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed on these forums.

The changes made to the leveling content has been given as feedback for years and years, you call it a "nerf", others call it FIXING the leveling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Void Elves are fulfilling a long awaited expectation of mine and it would be cruel to ask for someone like me or others like me to not have the option to race-change their mains to the new Allied Race they like.

Even if it wasn't for that, the race/faction changes will be so many that it would be too much of a profit to pass from Blizz pov.
    How in the Hell are Void Elves, i.e. a randomly introduced race that has no backdrop within the lore, a fulfillment of your expectations? The Alliance players wanted High Elves; instead, Alliance players are getting "Emo" Elves.