Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The key difference is that anti-vaccers are wrong and Vereesa is right to hate the Horde and the blood elves, having given her ample reasons throughout her story.

The talk about Arthas through the aspect of him being human holds no water either, because if we're going to talk about a death knight of the Scourge in the fashion of pasting over what he did to all other living humans, then we might just call out the real perpetrator that is guilty; an orc, Ner'zhul. Yet, for some reason, those very blood elves have been thrown into the same faction with the green skinned orcs that tried to kill them and torch their kingdom up.

That being said, if everyone is to believe green skinned orcs are not responsible for what they've done in the First and Second War, then there is absolutely no way blood elves should hold a grudge against a human death knight of Ner'zhul's. It seems like blood elves should have no problem forgiving orcs, but they should have a problem with a fallen human prince. It really doesn't make any sense.

Garithos wasn't worse than Garrosh either. If Garrosh' death ensured that blood elves would be loyal to the Horde again, then Garithos' death should've ensured their return to the Alliance too as soon as he died. Point being... you can't apply double standards to orcs and humans, making all humans inherit the sins of a fallen prince(someone the humans fought themselves too), but completely ignoring what the orcs did in the process. Hell, the Horde and the orcs are on the downside of this arguement because unlike the humans who have fought Arthas and his Scourge, while these orcs were part of the Horde which ravaged and massacred on Azeroth instead of fighting their corrupted superiors like most humans did. If you're going to judge that way, then judge equally.
    No, varessa has absolutely no reason to hate blood elves (other than fact that she is traitor), and entire high elf "high ground" over blood elves makes just as much anti-vaccers policies. Poor innocent mana wyrms. Its so inhumane to feed from there. Btw, one more steak for me please.

Arthas was a human prince, who was raised (poorly) by humans, tutored (poorly) by humans, and not contained by humans. Than as human decided to commit genocide of as many elves as possible because they pissed him off.

The key diffrence betwen garithos and garrosh is that garrosh was opposed by vast majority of horde, who stood arm to arm with blood elves against him. Garithos was opposed by...oh right. Noone. Elves were left to themselves. And saved by neutral party.
    Oh and then garithos was killed by...guess who ? Sylvanas ! So thats one more point for red team.

Oh and actually orcs did fought their corrupted counter parts, there is even W3 mission about it. On top of that unlike alliance who send you know, spies, saboteurs and murderers, orcs, trolls and forsaken send this weird thing called "diplomats" (you can even see them in silvermoon !) and forsaken even send reinforcements to ghostlands to help them deal with scourge remnants and number one traitor (who isnt windrunner sister).

10+ Year Old Account
    Vareesa has been a mess for years so its whatever, but I honestly can't believe how they are way on their way to utterly ruining Alleria, she shouldn't have been Alliance nor Horde either, she should be a mortified character that is stuck between two concepts ( Home and family) as well as literally being torn within her family as one of her sisters is part of said "home" instead the first thing to come out of her mouth is about a human king and how Sylvanas can be warchief, not that she fucking died oh and she knows about it if her Antorus dialog is to be taken seriously.

Basicly they are shitting the bed with her just to justify getting void elves into the Alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I don't think you should be a mod. Your opinion might disrupt you from judging and banning posters justly.
    I'm a priest mod.

Priests are all great people so I never need to judge or ban my posters.

Because Priests are all great people, orcs cannot be priests - so there is no conflict of interest
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm a priest mod.

Because Priests are all great people, orcs cannot be priests - so there is no conflict of interest
    Archbishop Benedictus has a tentacle to pick with you.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Vereesa: The Blood Elves betrayed the Alliance and joined the Horde, the ones that killed her people.
    Alleria: She was banished from her homeland for wielding Void magic.

Can't really blame them!

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    Vereesa: The Blood Elves betrayed the Alliance and joined the Horde, the ones that killed her people.
    Alleria: She was banished from her homeland for wielding Void magic.

Can't really blame them!
    High Elves dropped out the Alliance right after the second war.
    Even if you count the cooperation between Garithos and Kael'thal as a sort of rejoining the alliance, then the action of Garithos has certainly invalidated this short-lived alliance.

So, as a matter of fact, Blood Elves have the freedom to join either Alliance or Horde.

I do not understand why ppls presume that Blood Elves should be alliance by default. The high elves were never really close to human politicall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Archbishop Benedictus has a tentacle to pick with you.
    What? Bene and I high-five our tentacles all the time - we're old friends!

He's still around by the way, his voice still whispers on the void. He'll come back soon
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    High Elves dropped out the Alliance right after the second war.
    Even if you count the cooperation between Garithos and Kael'thal as a sort of rejoining the alliance, then the action of Garithos has certainly invalidated this short-lived alliance.

So, as a matter of fact, Blood Elves have the freedom to join either Alliance or Horde.

I do not understand why ppls presume that Blood Elves should be alliance by default. The high elves were never really close to human politicall.
    I mean, they were closer to the Alliance kingdoms politically than anybody else. Even when they weren't formal members due to isolationism, they still sent the Priests in WC3 to fight as auxiliary forces.

I personally would've expected them to go Alliance over Horde, but you're right, they certainly aren't obliged to. (Though really, Night Elves on Horde and Blood Elves for alliance would've made more sense when they were first planning races, if we're going purely by culture.)
    Last edited by Luzahn; 2017-12-15 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    “But orcs and trolls killed their family!!!”

That’s true. Orcs killed their mom and their brother, but a human destroyed their entire home, and killed their sister.

The truth is if Sylvanas survived the Scourge attack she would be a blood elf. She wasn’t off running with humans when Arthas showed up, she was defending her home like every other blood elf today. So then why don’t Vereesa and Alleria get over their petty grudges and join the Horde? Since they’ve both banged humans they surely know that not all humans are bad, just like how not all orcs and trolls are bad.
    Yeah...you're right...while Sylvanas was defending her home and was killed by a Human who wasn't representing the Human race, they were off defending their entire world...no excuse at all!

The Horde killed Vereesa's husband and the Blood Elves literally kicked Alleria out...why should they go back?

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Yeah...you're right...while Sylvanas was defending her home and was killed by a Human who wasn't representing the Human race, they were off defending their entire world...no excuse at all!

The Horde killed Vereesa's husband and the Blood Elves literally kicked Alleria out...why should they go back?

Vereesa betrayed blood elves long before her husband was killed by horde.

And Alleria, for god sake Blood Elves have every right to kick her out right when she shows up as the mouthpiece of boy king.

Instead of actually trying to understand why Blood Elves joined horde in the first place, she jumped to the conclusion that it was wrong.

And despite the fact that she was never a citizen of Stormwind, she called Anduin her king for no other reason except her husband.

She is the one who forsakes her allegiance to her people in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It's not the question of political dissendents, Alleria and Vereesa can perfectly dissagree with the foreign policies of Quel'thalas. The problem here is Alleria doesn't care about the opinions of her own people.

She broke originally with Quel'thalas because King Anasterian refused to joined with the Alliance and the orcs were invading Quel'thalas. Then she went with the expedition because she knew it was the best way to stop the orcs once and for all, securing the safety of her people. But now? The Void magic ripped-off her nationalistic side and was filed with Vereesa's lapdog syndrome?
    It's just odd how you literally point at Alleria's motivations in one sentence and dismiss them on the other. Again, disagree with her all you want, but from her perspective, she went all in to stop the orcs and the horde, fighting them across Azeroth, seeking for revenge against them for their attack on Quel'thalas, to the point she even sacrificed ever returning home. And when she comes back, she now sees the thick of her people allied with those same orcs and against the allies that fought alongside her to secure the future of all their peoples. That has to sting, not because she is in the right or in the wrong, but because its just literally what she fought for.

Vereesa exemplifies all those High Elves that remained on Azeroth but didn't cut ties with the alliance when Anasterian did, because the war for them forged that alliance. There's a bond right there that Anasterian's politics don't decide, and for better or for wrong, that's the bond that must have made them forgive Garithos' transgressions in Dalaran.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Coming from someone who with straight face calls an Alliance getting a new race literally nothing all I've got to say to you is: 1. lel and 2. cry me a river. Actually, I'll bite some more. Given how that was obviously not a particularly serious reply, you have fuck all in terms of supporting your high and mighty behavior here.
    I'm not even sure what comment of mine you are taking out of context here, but again, great example of this trend of yours
    And no matter how hard you whine like a child about my opinion, the fact remains that there were no significant events involving the Blood Elves that Vereesa could have reacted to that'd make her hate the Blood Elves as early as she did (slightly prior to WotLK) other than Zendarin kidnapping her children given that the book in question was set also slightly before WotLK.
    I mean, sure, keep basing your opinions mostly on a supplementary low quality material produced before the character was introduced in game, that seems like a sensible choice.

The same Zendarin that she considered to be unworthy of the very name of a Blood Elf, in the very same book in which she empathized with the Blood Elves as a whole. She also wasn't around for the exile of some Elves, nor did she ever express any particularly strong sentiments about things like mana draining (in fact that's one of the things she empathized with).

So her shift to empathizing with them slightly before WotLK to hating them mere weeks later is unsupported by anything and as such irrational as hell. If me for short calling it retarded in jest triggers you, that's entirely your problem. A problem that, dare I say, does not bring anything to a lore discussion.
    Okay, so, even disregarding the fact that the book is shittily written, and yeh, we have to accept is as lore, you are so biased that Vereesa having two seemingly contradiction opinions just makes her utterly irrational to you, instead of, IDK, try to put that characterization into context.

That she doesn't hate Blood Elves, that she still feels kinship for them. During WotLK's timeline, we didn't see Vereesa as particularly hateful towards the Sunreavers and blood elves in general. So the fact that she has opposing political views than the rest of her people -that she feels she has to do something about- while still having some sympathy for them, because again, a while ago they were all the same people, is just so utterly irrational and insane that bitch must be crazy, right? Lemme know if I'm misrepresenting your opinion here.

Up until the bombing of Theramore, The Silver Covenant's and Vereesa's opposition to the horde and Blood Elves was vocal, but not physical. Now, do you remember of any events that might have changed that more restrained stance?

But you know, after great hits like "Contagiously Retarded" followed up by you asking if that triggered me, although funny -maybe not how you meant it- it just kinda devalues your opinions as whole. That and the whole "context being optional" thing you have going on, you are kind of a nit picker picky picky, I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I'm a priest mod.

I guess if you're not using your Mod powers to ban people, then you're allowed to have a wrong opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I guess if you're not using your Mod powers to ban people, then you're allowed to have a wrong opinion.
    Seriously, this guy suddenly crawls out of the priest subforum and starts trolling in lore threads, am I watching a live meltdown?

because every single windrunner(except lirath) are the worst written characters in all of this lore.

all three of them fucked a human, which is enraging. all three of them are oh-so special and #damaged.

they're absolute garbage and i just wish they would all die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    because every single windrunner(except lirath) are the worst written characters in all of this lore.

all three of them fucked a human, which is enraging. all three of them are oh-so special and #damaged.

they're absolute garbage and i just wish they would all die.
    I mean, at least there's no more purpose for vereesa, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Seriously, this guy suddenly crawls out of the priest subforum and starts trolling in lore threads, am I watching a live meltdown?
    Perhaps fall of endus started some chain reaction ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    Vereesa betrayed blood elves long before her husband was killed by horde.

And Alleria, for god sake Blood Elves have every right to kick her out right when she shows up as the mouthpiece of boy king.

Instead of actually trying to understand why Blood Elves joined horde in the first place, she jumped to the conclusion that it was wrong.

And despite the fact that she was never a citizen of Stormwind, she called Anduin her king for no other reason except her husband.

She is the one who forsakes her allegiance to her people in the first place.
    When did she betray the Blood Elves? Oh you mean after her crazed cousin who turned into a Blood Elf tried to kidnap her children to leach power off of them...then tried to go for the Demon Soul after he failed with the kids? Or maybe it was after a large chunk of Blood Elves followed Kael'thas and joined the Legion for the hunger of power? Twice struck by Blood Elf treachery...yeah no reason for her to hate the Blood Elves at all!

She came back to see the Blood Elves in bed with some of their former worst enemies...and her corpse of a sister as warchief...a sister who wanted to murder Vereesa and her children to turn them Undead. A sister who had murdered countless innocents and stood by while the likes of Garrosh murdered his own allies. A warchief who sees the Horde as nothing but a meat shield...nothing but tools that she doesn't care about.

Ever think that maybe she wants to get her people away from that? She sees what her sister became and wants better for her people?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Perhaps fall of endus started some chain reaction ?
    Could it be? Now hopefully soon someone else will fall since said person doesn't have a mod in his pocket anymore!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    When did she betray the Blood Elves? Oh you mean after her crazed cousin who turned into a Blood Elf tried to kidnap her children to leach power off of them...then tried to go for the Demon Soul after he failed with the kids? Or maybe it was after a large chunk of Blood Elves followed Kael'thas and joined the Legion for the hunger of power? Twice struck by Blood Elf treachery...yeah no reason for her to hate the Blood Elves at all!

She came back to see the Blood Elves in bed with some of their former worst enemies...and her corpse of a sister as warchief...a sister who wanted to murder Vereesa and her children to turn them Undead. A sister who had murdered countless innocents and stood by while the likes of Garrosh murdered his own allies. A warchief who sees the Horde as nothing but a meat shield...nothing but tools that she doesn't care about.

Ever think that maybe she wants to get her people away from that? She sees what her sister became and wants better for her people?

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be? Now hopefully soon someone else will fall since said person doesn't have a mod in his pocket anymore!
    If you bothered to read, she didn’t blame helves for Zendrin, she actually told him he sullied the name Sin’dorie.

No one in game/lore knew about Sylvanas planning to kill Vereesa.

Vereesa doesn’t give two shits about killing innocent people.

The high elves didn’t know about Kael’thas till later, the blood elves figured out when he attacked silvermoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Except Night of the Dragon happens after TBC. And in that book she still has no negative opinion about the Blood Elves at large and instead empathizes with them. So at best you've got Zendarin. But wait, not only is Zendarin a single Blood Elf and not only did Vereesa hold no negative opinions about the race in general in the same book, Vereesa herself considered him to be unworthy of the name Blood Elf. So at best you have her start hating the Blood Elves over Zendarin because she's so braindead she forgot what she thought about him, Blood Elves and him vs Blood Elves, or have her start hating Blood Elves over absolutely nothing. Hmm, or maybe it's the latter that's the better option here... Hard to say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Except Night of the Dragon happens after TBC. And in that book she still has no negative opinion about the Blood Elves at large and instead empathizes with them. So at best you've got Zendarin. But wait, not only is Zendarin a single Blood Elf and not only did Vereesa hold no negative opinions about the race in general in the same book, Vereesa herself considered him to be unworthy of the name Blood Elf. So at best you have her start hating the Blood Elves over Zendarin because she's so braindead she forgot what she thought about him, Blood Elves and him vs Blood Elves, or have her start hating Blood Elves over absolutely nothing. Hmm, or maybe it's the latter that's the better option here... Hard to say for sure.
    So I guess you're just ignoring all the Blood Elves who ran off with Kael in pursuit of hunger and power? Oh that's right...I'm talking to one of the biased bunch...oh look how cute! you two even posted one after the other...surprised Sylvanas' nipples haven't fallen off the way you guys suckle on them.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-12-15 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Received Infraction