Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    Spec Fire, loot T21 4P, realize you need it to be 30 ilvl over T20 to be somewhat worth equipping. Cry.

Then take the laziest spec ever (Firestarter / Incanter's Flow / Flame On / Unstable Magic / Kindling) on every single boss (spec flamepatch for Eonar if you give a shit) equip belt + bracers, take your best trinkets and go wreck some shit.
    Uh, why would you take IF instead of rune with a tier set designed to boost combustion damage?
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Uh, why would you take IF instead of rune with a tier set designed to boost combustion damage?
    Because I said I was building the laziest spec ever maybe ?
    Trolling aside, yeah RoP seems to be the best choice with T21 now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    lmao I was like hold on, wait lol

When is the best time to be using RoP aside from obviously during combustions? If you have capped charges (2), should you sit on them and wait for combustions, or use one with bracer procs?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppichulo View Post
    When is the best time to be using RoP aside from obviously during combustions? If you have capped charges (2), should you sit on them and wait for combustions, or use one with bracer procs?
    Assuming you play with Kindling, your Combustion should have a recharge rate of approximately 1min10 to 1min30.
    A typical fight unfolds like this :

0:00 : 1st RoP + Combustion
    0:10 : 2nd RoP
    0:40 : 1st RoP comes back
    ~1:10 : Combustion comes back
    1:20 : 2nd RoP comes back

In this situation, you have no downtime, your second RoP comes back almost at the same time as your combustion, or during it. Since you must never delay Combustion to wait for RoP cooldown, using Kindling it's best to keep all your RoPs for Combustion.

Edited, thanks to Azkial for pointing my stupid math mistakes
    Last edited by Araitik; 2017-12-16 at 06:31 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you play with Kindling, your Combustion should have a recharge rate of approximately 1min10 to 1min30.
    A typical fight unfolds like this :

0:00 : 1st RoP + Combustion
    0:10 : 2nd RoP
    0:40 : 1st RoP comes back
    0:50 : 2nd RoP comes back
    ~1:10 : Combustion comes back

In this situation, you have 20 seconds at 2 stacks of RoP before Combustion comes back off cooldown, far less than the 40 seconds required. So here you would hold on to your 2 stacks of RoP.

If you are sure that your combustion has a recharge time of at least 1min20, then you can throw a RoP between two Combustions, but you must never delay Combustion to wait for RoP cooldown. Better play it safe
    wait, what? the runes don't recharge independently, so you wouldn't get 2 back within 10 seconds of eachother, unless I'm completely blanking and missed that while playing

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    wait, what? the runes don't recharge independently, so you wouldn't get 2 back within 10 seconds of eachother, unless I'm completely blanking and missed that while playing
    Dammit, why am I trying to explain mechanics at 4am You are completely right, I updated my post with correct numbers. The end logic doesn't change much but my cooldown logic was completely off. Thank you

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dammit, why am I trying to explain mechanics at 4am You are completely right, I updated my post with correct numbers. The end logic doesn't change much but my cooldown logic was completely off. Thank you
    You honestly had me questioning everything I know about mage, because you're clearly a reputable source after looking at some of your logs and videos. I was so confuses

Random question why belt or BL ring are better than gloves with t21?

Because RoP is better with t21. And you can't use RoP with gloves properly. Thus - RIP gloves on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Random question why belt or BL ring are better than gloves with t21?
    Because gloves are only good for m+ /period
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Geesh...mages look pretty lackluster, eh? Especially frost!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post

Tell that to blizz fanboys and their "mages are fine" and "middle of the pack" memes
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    [QUOTE=mcbubble;48413068]Geesh...mages look pretty lackluster, eh? Especially frost!

Yeah frost is weak af if nothing procs.. We really needed that nerf they did to our t21 4 set to even be able to compete without rng procs of a life time, lul. So funny casting 300-400k non crits frostbolts for 10-15 cast and not a single proc with high ilvl

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Mackan;48426705]

Yeah frost is weak af if nothing procs.. We really needed that nerf they did to our t21 4 set to even be able to compete without rng procs of a life time, lul. So funny casting 300-400k non crits frostbolts for 10-15 cast and not a single proc with high ilvl
    The problem is, that the bosses are badly designed for frost. A 4 second dmg brake lead to a 48% loss on ice lance dmg in the worst case, which you have to build up again and you have a longer cd on your IV cooldown.

Bosses where this occures:
    Garothi
    Antoran high command (depending on adds)
    Eonar
    Portal keeper with portal duty
    Imonar
    Kin'garoth if you didnt pre plan your position
    Aggramar somehow
    Argus

That are 63% (antoran and aggramar calcultated with 50%) of the fights, that have a bad design for us. With this and our bad dmg in aoe situation, frost just kinda sucks. Our dmg itself isn't bad if you let us, see varimathras. But its sadly not enough to compensate for our weakness.

Possible solution for this: Let ebonbolt crits trigger chain reaction. Extend the buff duration of chain reaction and legy bracers by 1-2 seconds.

We.. We're being beaten by survival hunters?

You can try pulling before the countdown ends, that'll give you a dps advantage over others.

Thanks for the replies guys, I have one more question:

How many of you are running 2p T20 4pT21? What ilvl are your T20 pieces?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I have one more question:

How many of you are running 2p T20 4pT21? What ilvl are your T20 pieces?
    Frost, Arcane or Fire?

Frost+Arcane runs pref Gloves+Cloak T20. Fire does not run any T20. This assumes 930 pieces, and for all practical purposes for Arcane/Frost you are not going to replace the 2pc T20.

Frost. I have 930 head and chest, guess I should farm mythic gloves and use them with the head.

Thank you!