Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually suramar is example of - Elven leader (kael/elisander) makes deal with a devil (KJ/gul'dan) over source of power (sunwell/nightwell) that is used for generic world ending scheme (aka summoning of some weird shit in both cases) which makes secondary leader (theron/thalyssra) rebel against them which leads to civil war where forces of evil leader (sunfury/whatever assholes from nighthold were called, duskwatch i think) clash against good part of their race (silvermoon army and SSO/nightborne rebels) and win agaisnt them, caputing said source of power and resolving problems with mana starvation (restoration of sunwell/magical tree full of mana fruits).

Whoa those are totally diffrent.
    Kael'thas didn't make a deal with Kil'jaeden concerning the Sunwell - he had moved on from that, and fully embraced Netherstorm and the Mana-forges as the Blood Elves' future salvation. Elisande's deal with Gul'dan wasn't about the Nightwell, either; it was about safeguarding her city and her people in general from the threat of complete annihilation (up to and including the Nightwell but not concerning the Nightwell specifically). Lor'themar also didn't rebel against Kael'thas until he and his Felblood flat-out attacked Silvermoon, whereas Thalyssra's insurgency began long before Elisande lost herself to misguided fear - she was actually nearly killed just for speaking out against the deal with the Legion, a near reversal of the roles between her and Lor'themar. The Blood Elves also returned to their original source of Arcane sustenance whereas the Nightborne broke free from it entirely - a marked difference in outcome, both literally and thematically.

So yes, they are quite different stories even though they are specifically designed and meant to echo one another.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    so this is it then? you're done with the alliance?
    Turns out many people dont play Alliance just because humans are "oh so amazing" at everything but for other reasons, and if you ruín those, they stop caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    IMO, Battle for Azeroth should be all the elves break away and make their own third faction. Elven Supremacy!

Sylvanas is trying to start a world war, and Lor'themar is just like, "You know what? Fuck this, this is dumb, I'm out of the Horde." Then he sends Tyrande an emissary like, "Hey, sorry about your tree. That's not cool. That wasn't us. We have a well we're pretty fond of, we get it. We left the Horde because of it."

Then Anduin's like, "Hey so we destroyed Lordaeron, now's the time to get revenge for my dad and end the rest of the Horde too!"

and Tyrande's like, "Uh... no. Destroying Lordaeron doesn't fix my burning tree, I have a civilization to rebuild, I don't need another fucking conflict right now.",

and Anduin presses to keep attacking the Horde,

and Tyrande's responds, "Okay, I see how it is. Fuck you. We're out of the Alliance. I have to put my people first, we just lost our capital and our world tree, and all you want is more death."

Then the First Arcanist Thalysra is like, "Hey Nightborne, I'm your leader now! We're gonna join the Horde because Anduin's a dick and we need to make all the expansion conflicts even to maximize carnage!"

And then Ly'leth Lunastre is like, "Uh. What? You're retarded, take your Nightfallen and go join the Horde. We just had our city sacked by demons, then sacked by both the alliance and horde, then our entire chain of command was destroyed, and we only just restored the Arcan'dor and can leave our 10,000 year bubble dome. We have to get our house in order before we go involving ourselves in someone else's war we know nothing about and have no stake in either way." - and the rest of the city-dwelling Nightborne all join Ly'leth, and expel the Horde Nightfallen from the city to go share a dorm in Orgrimmar or whatever.

Then Tyrande's like, "Hey Ly'leth, I heard what happened with Thalysra. Sucks for her, but do you mind if we crash on your couch for awhile? We could sort out your problems in Val'Sharah and Azsuna for you, and all we need is somewhere to not be on fire and homeless for awhile."

And Ly'leth responds, "Sure, cool beans. Thanks for teaming up with Lor'themar and killing Elisande and Gul'dan for us actually - you're cool in our books. We'll get you some blankets for that couch. Speaking of Lor'themar, what's he up to these days?"

Tyrande: "Dunno, but he sent flowers after my tree burned, very thoughtful - I'll go check on him and let you know"

So Tyrande sails over to Silvermoon just to hang with Lor'themar for a bit, and thank him for the thoughtful flowers, and they get to chatting - and Lor'themar's like... "You know, I'm feeling a little vulnerable over here with the Scourge and the zealous Paladins in EPL, not to mention being ditched on a continent now full of Alliance, even if I'm not Horde anymore. What say we get the band back together and do like an... Elven Empire?"

So Tyrande winks and says, "I didn't want to say it first. We're in! I'm sure Ly'leth is down too - her people mostly just want some new people to talk to after 10,000 years, but they are also super racist against ugly non-elves, so we're really all she's got as options anyways."

And so the Elven Supremacy was borne, and then they genocided all the boring other races and lived happily ever after.

The End.
    BFA actually could have been a good occasion to made the alliance more palatable, instead of using the horde to start the whole thing if blizzard used Greymane escalate the war and create a serious conflict inside the alliance making the nelfs lose their city as a consequence of the human dumbness and putting Anduin in the awkward position of choosing if he want to keep the alliance with the nelf or cover genn shortcoming.

The alliance need their forsaken like race that create internal trouble and distress only like that other race could gain a different characterization that lead to more development.

Unfortunately most alliance player are human diehard and above this they play alliance to be the white knight if you touch the main alliance trait and mess with it, the most probable outcome is that many get driven away from it.

Beside that i still think the mmo genre is not suited to tell a decent story and in the case of nelfs the dumb leadership blizzard have wrote for them ruined almost everything, Malfurion look like a passerby and Tyrande honestly is really impresentable.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Kael'thas didn't make a deal with Kil'jaeden concerning the Sunwell - he had moved on from that, and fully embraced Netherstorm and the Mana-forges as the Blood Elves' future salvation. Elisande's deal with Gul'dan wasn't about the Nightwell, either; it was about safeguarding her city and her people in general from the threat of complete annihilation (up to and including the Nightwell but not concerning the Nightwell specifically). Lor'themar also didn't rebel against Kael'thas until he and his Felblood flat-out attacked Silvermoon, whereas Thalyssra's insurgency began long before Elisande lost herself to misguided fear - she was actually nearly killed just for speaking out against the deal with the Legion, a near reversal of the roles between her and Lor'themar. The Blood Elves also returned to their original source of Arcane sustenance whereas the Nightborne broke free from it entirely - a marked difference in outcome, both literally and thematically.

So yes, they are quite different stories even though they are specifically designed and meant to echo one another.
    Details can get you just as far, but it doesn't change the fact that if core of the story is almost identical, you will need something really big, a proper twist to make it feel diffrent. Suramar story feels bigger and better mostly because blizzard had much more advanced technology when creating it. Doesn't change the fact that in the end its magical elves having magical elven problems 2: Magical boogallo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    A race that is:
    More or less immortal (and without making you half dragon !)
    Always young and pretty (if you look older than 18 you are a hag !)
    Stronger than humans*
    Faster than humans*
    Better at everything at humans*
    Super skilled at combat/always super experienced
    Sexy women 90-60-90 with no exceptions.
    And all of that without being mary sue because they are your racial traits - what a deal ! And with that, your character doesnt even need something as reduntant like personality.

*humans doesn't include "teh chosen one"

If elves are so full of potential then lets look at suramar....oh its player 2 blood elves. And driders, how original. I never seen dark skinner elves turning into spider monsters. And hey, those dont even need goddess, they do so purely out of instinct.
    Well to be honest there, I will give an example.

Miranda from Mass Effect. Genetically engineered super-human with magical powers, beauty and perfect proportions. Designed basically to be a Brunette Yvonne Strahovski.

Nevertheless, she is a flawed character with a story arc and is by far not as Mary Sue as Shepard for example, who (depending on class) is basically just some Special forces Grunt.

That said, Night elves require some lore love and definitely require either a rework, or killing off of their idiotic leaders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Well to be honest there, I will give an example.

Miranda from Mass Effect. Genetically engineered super-human with magical powers, beauty and perfect proportions. Designed basically to be a Brunette Yvonne Strahovski.

Nevertheless, she is a flawed character with a story arc and is by far not as Mary Sue as Shepard for example, who (depending on class) is basically just some Special forces Grunt.
    Wow... ya Yvonne is ~identical to Miranda I never noticed that!

Also all true about Miranda, she's more or less a support/leadership character - despite being genetically engineered, her combat role is best suited to sitting in the backline calling out priority targets and keeping her team focused. Despite being designed to be better than humanity, she's still very 'human'.

That said, Night elves require some lore love and definitely require either a rework, or killing off of their idiotic leaders.
    Tyrande just needs to retire - she's been doing this far too long and she's clearly bored of mortal existence. No ambition anymore, no drive, happy to let the kiddies take the wheel, she's just going through the motions.

What we need is to let me be the leader of the Night Elves - put a Shadowpriest in as High Priestess of Elune - let me put the empire back to together

#YvaelleForHighPriestess2018
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Wow... ya Yvonne is ~identical to Miranda I never noticed that!

Also all true about Miranda, she's more or less a support/leadership character - despite being genetically engineered, her combat role is best suited to sitting in the backline calling out priority targets and keeping her team focused. Despite being designed to be better than humanity, she's still very 'human'.

Tyrande just needs to retire - she's been doing this far too long and she's clearly bored of mortal existence. No ambition anymore, no drive, happy to let the kiddies take the wheel, she's just going through the motions.

What we need is to let me be the leader of the Night Elves - put a Shadowpriest in as High Priestess of Elune - let me put the empire back to together

#YvaelleForHighPriestess2018
    Yvonne Strahovski voices Miranda. Some other Mass Effect characters are based on real world people too, and some based on their voice actors, Joker loosely being one of them.

Shepard is based on This guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yvonne Strahovski voices Miranda. Some other Mass Effect characters are based on real world people too, and some based on their voice actors, Joker loosely being one of them.

Shepard is based on This guy.
    Femshep is the best shep though?

Deleted
    Femshep is the best shep though?
    Nah, I am sick of Jennifer Hale in my games.

Back onto the topic of voice actors and Tyrande, Who the hell chose hers and why is she not taking her cough syrup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I am sick of Jennifer Hale in my games.

Back onto the topic of voice actors and Tyrande, Who the hell chose hers and why is she not taking her cough syrup?
    She talks like that old gipsy woman at the fair that tries to tell you your future for a dime. A total miscast, but her model is worse.
    They changed her hair colour out of nothing and gave her that skimpy looking dress. She looks more like a drugged dancer at a techno rave than a high priestess. Not to mention those idiotic high heels she wears now.
    It's hard not to hate what they have done to her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    She talks like that old gipsy woman at the fair that tries to tell you your future for a dime. A total miscast, but her model is worse.
    They changed her hair colour out of nothing and gave her that skimpy looking dress. She looks more like a drugged dancer at a techno rave than a high priestess. Not to mention those idiotic high heels she wears now.
    Оооh that too, it is terrible yea. She should get some sort of an armor re-vamp at least. Her tree burned and she is at war.

Or, preferaby, she should burn along with that tree. Sorry if I am harsh here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Yea I'd be down with just using the Heroes of the Storm model next expansion: