Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I'm fine with it being gone. Why should I, who only browses forums and checks email, be charged the same as someone who constantly downloads gigs upon gigs of data? Pay for what you use.
    Then get a slower plan.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think this needs to be stressed, there were millions of fraudulent comments in the comments for the NN vote.
    https://www.npr.org/2017/12/14/57026...-fake-comments
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ere-fake.shtml

The FCC has also alleged it was "subject to multiple distributed denial-of-service attacks,” which brought down the comment site. It now says that it has no records of this attack or any investigation.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84...ew?usp=sharing

The FCC also 'refused to release under FOIA a batch of more than 47,000 complaints pertaining to the agency’s handling of net neutrality issue, arguing that doing so was a task too burdensome for the agency.'
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ty-complaints/

There's so much bullshit surrounding this, there needs to be a full investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Again, coward, tell us EXACTLY what rules happened! Give us an example. What the fuck is a "bad actor"? What Lawsuits? How does removing NN PREVENT them from milking customers more... because that's exactly what removing NN does, gives the ISPs more "freedumb" to nickel and dime charge us more for shit we already have access to.

Tell us, right now, SPECIFICALLY what's SO WRONG that this needed to happen. Tell us, coward!
    I think you misunderstood, I am saying that title 2 was invoked because ISPs started bad practices that title 1 did not cover. The current state of government regulations is the result of ISPs being too greedy, their lawsuits simply states the variety of ways these monopolies intend to screw their consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    I really think this needs to be stressed, there were millions of fraudulent comments in the comments for the NN vote.
    https://www.npr.org/2017/12/14/57026...-fake-comments

The FCC has also alleged it was "subject to multiple distributed denial-of-service attacks,” which brought down the comment site. It now says that it has no records of this attack or any investigation.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B84...ew?usp=sharing

The FCC also 'refused to release under FOIA a batch of more than 47,000 complaints pertaining to the agency’s handling of net neutrality issue, arguing that doing so was a task too burdensome for the agency.'
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...ty-complaints/

There's so much bullshit surrounding this, there needs to be a full investigation.
    I doubt there will be one. After all, the primary actors to move such an investigation would be the Congressmen that themselves are as bought and paid for by ISPs as Ajit Pai.

Fun little bit of side info on NN about ajit pai the snake using music illegally in his awful viral video

Musician Harry Rodrigues, who produces and DJs under the name Baauer, is not okay with Federal Communications Commission chairman Ajit Pai using his song, “Harlem Shake,” in an anti-net neutrality video produced by The Daily Caller.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/...ajit-pai-video

sue him! sue him for all hes worth!

Ajit pai has the most punchable face. Is it his soul less fake smile that shows all his teeth?
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-12-15 at 06:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I have no problem paying wages. I have a huge problem when the government forces them to also cover their health care. If people don't want others involved in their medical decisions (something I strongly agree with), then they shouldn't be forcing others to pay for them.
    From my standpoint (how we do it in germany) it´s exactly what they should do pay one half of the health care and the other half it´s the employees thing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    From my standpoint (how we do it in germany) it´s exactly what they should do pay one half of the health care and the other half it´s the employees thing to pay.
    Does that mean employers should have a say in one's health care choices?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Fun little bit of side info on NN about ajit pai the snake using music illegally in his awful viral video

Musician Harry Rodrigues, who produces and DJs under the name Baauer, is not okay with Federal Communications Commission chairman Ajit Pai using his song, “Harlem Shake,” in an anti-net neutrality video produced by The Daily Caller.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/...ajit-pai-video

sue him! sue him for all hes worth!

Ajit pai has the most punchable face. Is it his soul less fake smile that shows all his teeth?
    What's really crazy is how blatantly partisan Ajit Pai is. Producing a video with one of the most biased conservative sites on the net, to the point that it posts quasi-fictitious content to push an agenda? This is kind of unprecedented in any regulatory body. We expect them to be part of the political party that elected them, but their position is still only on the border of the political sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    What's really crazy is how blatantly partisan Ajit Pai is. Producing a video with one of the most biased conservative sites on the net, to the point that it posts quasi-fictitious content to push an agenda? This is kind of unprecedented in any regulatory body. We expect them to be part of the political party that elected them, but their position is still only on the border of the political sphere.
    Oh its unreal. There should be corruption detectives all over this already if we don't live in upside down land.

Problem is ajit pai wont get his money till he steps down from the fcc and goes back to verizon for that sweet performance bonus

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought net companies might move a bit slower on this, so as not to make it too obvious that they were... going to do exactly what every NN proponent was warning they'd do.

But it appears that comcast has already removed a pledge from their website to not charge content providers and consumers for fast lanes in the internet.

For the last two years, under net neutrality, you have had access to the absolute fastest internet in your area already. As per the LAW of Net Neutrality. They could not forcefully throttle your internet because you were not paying enough.

In my area alone two cable companies each had 4 packages for internet speeds, and no data caps.

So, think of it this way, if you are already paying for the fastest internet in your area, and content providers like netflix and youtube are already paying for the fastest speeds available, how do they "create fast lanes"?

They don't. The last time they were trying to push this fast lane stuff off is a few months before Net Neutrality was created. They began forcefully throttling speeds of people already paying for the maximum speeds, because they weren't "paying enough".

So if you think you're going to suddenly have faster access to certain sites, joke is on you. Think about how fast sites have been for the last 2 years. All of them, right? Unless you were accessing a server across an ocean. None of that is going to get any faster than what it was. What will get slower is a lot of sites that you had instant access to.

So congrats, those of you who were against "heavy handed regulation", regulation which you can't even cite what it is, because you're basically regurgitating arguments made by Ajit Pai and his cohorts, almost word for word sometimes. Yes, it's funny when people use the "heavy handed regulation" and then can't even tell us what regulations in Net Neutrality were even holding ISPs back from innovation... because the videos you have watched from Ajit Pai and others never went into detail about what regulations they were talking about. They didn't tell you what those regulations were for a very specific reason.

I certainly hope no one here who is against net neutrality has ever called anyone else a sheeple, because it's hilariously funny how the anti-NN people on here sound like parrots repeating everything Ajit Pai and others have said - WITHOUT EVEN BEING ABLE TO EXPAND UPON THESE IDEAS. Why? Because you never even took time to do your research or pass an independent thought through your brain. You just take in and regurgitate what you're told by con men.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You do realize EU players play on, *gasp*, european servers, right?
    Whenever you are updated, however, or receive anything from Blizzard financial you are routed to *gasp* US servers. Not only that, the game is developed in *gasp* the US, which use network and Cloud tech and storage is in *gasp* the US. Not only that, your realms data and backups are stored in *gasp* the US. All of which can be susceptible to ISP ransoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    snip
    Its "light touch" regulation. Ajit says it on basically every interview, as well as saying "obama led regulations" like saying obama is a magic word that will summon angry republicans to vote against NN.

We just want LIGHT TOUCH regulation nothing more! Just trust that the ISP they will treat you well. It worked fine before 2015! Light touch....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh its unreal. There should be corruption detectives all over this already if we don't live in upside down land.

Problem is ajit pai wont get his money till he steps down from the fcc and goes back to verizon for that sweet performance bonus
    Problem is he's already getting that money. He's already paid for and given lobbying incentives by Comcast, since Citizens United declared money as speech, and allowed to influence politics, he probably already got a nice fat money wire to one of his Bahamas bank accounts that the US cannot "legally" monitor.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Problem is he's already getting that money. He's already paid for and given lobbying incentives by Comcast, since Citizens United declared money as speech, and allowed to influence politics, he probably already got a nice fat money wire to one of his Bahamas bank accounts that the US cannot "legally" monitor.
    Couple private speeches here and there for Hillary level money you reckon. Don't doubt it.

I bet he sleeps better than most too, dude doesn't even look like he has a soul, never even blinks when answering questions, giving answers like "there is no evidence to suggest ISP are gonna throttle your content" even though they already have, and when told this he just says "thats a hypothetical situation *shit eating grin*" hes allowed to play dumb and its honestly all starting to get me down

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Funny thing is the FCC still has to prove that taking away NN is a good thing in court. With 90% of americans for it. A comment process that was dogged by and not even investigated by the FCC. The blatant disregard for 39+ senators and countless other entities. Not to mention the political ramifications to an already unpopular house and Senate (gop)

They're gonna lose i hope in 2018 pai and the other 2 republicans are investigated for taking brives. It's obvious they are.
    Didnt they write off all the comments and repeals because a lot of it was faked with posts from dead people and celebrities like michael jackson.

And there was so much it was "too much burden on the FCC to go through it all"

It's always been interesting to me how the anti net-neutrality crowd has cited 'innovation' as the reason to do away with what was once a natural law, and then later, a simple and even handed regulation. I've yet to see, or think of a single 'innovation' that could stem from the end of net neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's always been interesting to me how the anti net-neutrality crowd has cited 'innovation' as the reason to do away with what was once a natural law, and then later, a simple and even handed regulation. I've yet to see, or think of a single 'innovation' that could stem from the end of net neutrality.
    There isnt, they cant come up with an answer, it just sounds good looking out for small businesses bro! Even though comcast and AT lobby small businesses out the door before they even get a chance to start

Just like how they lie about how your grandma can finally enjoy cheap internet now and not have to cover the costs of those pesky youtubers

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    The Attorney General of new york wanted to check it out. The FCC didn't cooperate. Now the AG is sueing. That thing might very well be pai's downfall. He already has a lot of people pissed at him and his disregard (and by proxy trumps) for wat the people want. Much like most of the stuff this disastrous administration has done. It'll be shot down in court.

The FCC's entire case is based on already debunked evidence. If i was on the fcc as a lawyer I'd concede the case. There's no way to prove a repeal was warranted or wanted.
    I really hope so. The court is our last shot. Congress is brought and paid for like the FCC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Does that mean employers should have a say in one's health care choices?
    Nope it isn´t that way it´s just so that everybody has health care and won´t go bancrott everytime they got some injuries (which also helps the industrie because bancrott people normally don´t bay anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Why should I pay for taxes that I only use a tiny bit of the services they pay for? Pay for what you use!
    "i dont use these roads. Why should i pay for them ?"
    Replace roads by anything possible, like vaccine research or children's founding.