Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Just seemed weird to put blatant hint after hint of tip off for a misdirection that ultimately served no purpose that his presence wouldn't have equally served. And I still don't get why from an internal character perspective, why Luke would be using Anakin's instead of *his* saber

I’m just going with plot hole. A lot of stuff in the movie makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    It’s worse than the Force Awakens imo. Atleast that one is rewatchable. The Last Jedi’s plot is sooo stupid.
    Most intelligent Star Wars movie to date. \o/

The way the themes are expressed and explored so deeply and thoroughly is lovely.

Deleted
    Also would have been a cool to have a brief scene of Luke lifting the X-wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy09 View Post
    Also would have been a cool to have a brief scene of Luke lifting the X-wing
    When he looked down the mountain at it, I thought the exact same thing.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Really enjoyed the film and happy how everything played out.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    When he looked down the mountain at it, I thought the exact same thing.
    I think only Rey looked at it. It was a very clever shot exactly because of those expectations and it made people think he could have lifted it and flown to Crait at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    One more question - anyone have a speculation on why Luke's Force projection used Anakin's lightsaber when Anakin's lightsaber was destroyed moments before? The haircut was fine, but the Just For Men beard and the Anakin lightsaber seemed to tip off something was off for what they seemed to want to be a misdirection. Why would he not use his own green saber for the projection? It's not like they didn't have the model or forgot about it since it's right there in the flash back. I just can't piece together any logic for Luke to use that one for his projection. Of course, as I've probably made clear, I can really see this as the Luke I've always liked for decades, either. I completely understand why Hamill was unhappy with the character arc and would have liked Lucas' vision to have been used for the skeleton for others to flesh out.
    I'm curious about the lightsaber choice as well. At first I thought he was using Obi-Wan's, since he was offering himself up to Kylo just as Obi-Wan did to Vader. But then it got closer, and the hilt is definitely Anakin's. Maybe since he was offering a chance for Kylo to change, the lightsaber symbolized the good side to Vader that he was able to bring out at the end. Since this was a Force projection, maybe Luke didn't even GET to decide what lightsaber showed up, and his own feelings projected that lightsaber, since in his heart he was trying to see the good in someone so evil.

From reading the fan feedback, I am now convinced that there will again never be a Star Wars movie that people will unanimously like.
    It feels like the majority of the ''disappointment'' dosent come from the movies objective quality, but from the fact that the plot didnt go the way some people expected/wanted it to go.
    The Last Jedi isnt a predictable fanservice, it is a bold movie that took risks and I am glad for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Most intelligent Star Wars movie to date. \o/

The way the themes are expressed and explored so deeply and thoroughly is lovely.
    Completely disagree.

Completely disagree.
    I know you do.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Stormtroopers and clone troopers are explicitly, both in the new and old canon, trained/brainwashed to be essentially asexual (Boba/Jango Fett was apparently rather chaste, being given in one short story princess Leia as payment by Jabba and turning it down..). There is one mention of army brothels in ''Children of the Jedi'' and clone troopers are such childlike on sexual matters that Karen Traviss essentially labels sex interactions between one of them and a Jedi as sex abuse (she might have one point there, as the clone can't say no to his commander...) Both works/authors were at the very bottom of the old EU.
    Explicitly noncanon. It's about as relevant as what color farts you're blowing in the tub while you're banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromove View Post
    From reading the fan feedback, I am now convinced that there will again never be a Star Wars movie that people will unanimously like.
    It feels like the majority of the ''disappointment'' dosent come from the movies objective quality, but from the fact that the plot didnt go the way some people expected/wanted it to go.
    The Last Jedi isnt a predictable fanservice, it is a bold movie that took risks and I am glad for it.
    Disagree here. Some of the reviews I saw said that if you bleed Star Wars, you would see everything coming. It’s true imo. Very predictable.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-12-15 at 08:16 PM.

Disagree here too. To me, it was extremely predictable.
    I find that kind of unlikely, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I find that kind of unlikely.
    Ok? That’s nice. This has been a very pleasant conversation. Thank you.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-12-15 at 08:28 PM.

What the fuck is "bold movie" supposed to mean? A black guy and an asian girl kissed? Oooh, so progressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    What the fuck is "bold movie" supposed to mean? A black guy and an asian girl kissed? Oooh, so progressive.
    I was never talking about it being progressive, but rather it being different from the star wars formula, as in they could have made it much more like empire to play it safe, they didnt.
    Last edited by Kromove; 2017-12-15 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's always funny how cetain people think that characters in a movie should be perfect and make no mistakes, because if they do mistakes - it's a plot hole.
    It's not that they shouldn't make mistakes. It's that their mistakes were so massive, ignored the chain of command, nearly got the entirety of the resistance killed, and will undoubtedly be swept under the rug for the next film. You can see it at the base at the end, Poe going rogue got so many of them killed yet Leia's still grooming him for a leadership position.

Just seemed weird to put blatant hint after hint of tip off for a misdirection that ultimately served no purpose that his presence wouldn't have equally served. And I still don't get why from an internal character perspective, why Luke would be using Anakin's instead of *his* saber
    Luke's first saber was Anakin's. It's also a sore topic for Kylo Ren, so using it to either taunt him or prove a point makes perfect sense. And Luke wasn't pulling any punches. Proof: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/92/Lukesaberanh.png/revision/latest?cb=20130228054320

So technically, both the blue and green saber in Luke's hand make perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromove View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I think it's great that they're trying to move the franchise on and still give the old a respectful send-off.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-12-15 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    The "theme" and "aesop" i got from Finn & co. was "Obey your superiors, don't question your orders. If things turn bad you're SoL and better pray for a miracle". Their part should have been just edited out.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Why do I get the feeling you are one of those people that order their steak well done and covered in ketchup?
    Everything you said in that sentence is wrong.