Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling a lot of the posters here want everything there is in retail wow and play it in the vanilla world locked at 60.
    there's a difference between wanting dual spec, and wanting everything. When dual spec came out, it was a welcomed change by everyone (i was there). Dropping 50g per spec change will ruin you in classic

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Withou proof
    Last known subs were 5M, Vanilla had 8M.

There's plenty proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    That logic is proper demented, I'm pretty sure bugs and features are two completely different things but then again who knows, to me the logic is fairly simple, want vanilla wow as it was? then play it, want all the bells and whistles that came after vanilla wow? don't play it.

Give us a break with this "we want classic wow that's not classic because we want features that came 4 years later" shit.
    Improvements to the game should not be discredited just because they came later. Go play on your potato PC from 2004 if you're so high on nostalgia.

this just goes back to the fact that: vanilla seems great, because it was new and exciting, you didnt have anything real to compair it to.
    just like shitty old movies, if some1 made the exact same shitty old movie, that was great back then, it would stink.

vanilla was great while it was vanilla, now, every1 will see the truth

do you even remember that there were only like 3 viable specs/class out there? do you remember that Ret was not playable, at all, with like 2 buttons?
    do you remember that tankadins had to stop every 1-2 pulls to drink mana and use int weapons? come on...

It's a good improvement, so of course shitheads are against it.
    Every one wanted that. From the healer who couldn't do shit while he was alone, to the guy who wanted to do pve and pvp without being worthless in one of them.
    But noooooo that's so evil!
    Vanilla was passable but those people here are so dumb that they see it as the best game ever made. That's pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    All of these people who started playing in WotLK who parrot endlessly "NOT VANILA".

Even most people on Private Servers like Light's Hope bitch endlessly for either dual speccs or the ability to more easily change speccs. Single specc is a massive hindrance.

- - - Updated - - -

110% untrue. The Vanilla talent trees are quite shallow without very many decisions to make.
    Maybe my memory doesen't work or something (I'm 28yo so it should work) But 12 years ago on vanilla, i was playing with my mage, which i loved as Arcane/Fire (typical PoM+Pyro build) but you could play it frost/arcane like everyone, fire/arcane with majority talent points on fire, or even arcane/frost.

As a mage you had tons of choices to make on your talents, so idk if you are the typical one who just follow what the top players do or something but imo you had plennity of choices, away from that idk you but i wasn't able to spend 50g on swap spec each week for example, each time i build swapped was because i didn't wanted to play anymore that build (like when i stoped raiding and started with pvp) but was something to think deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

There's plenty proof.
    WOTLK had 2 times more people than vanilla. So Vanilla is garbage I guess compared to WOTLK.

There's plenty proof.
    Bring it on, dreamboy!

There's plenty proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Improvements to the game should not be discredited just because they came later. Go play on your potato PC from 2004 if you're so high on nostalgia.
    Vanilla had no where near 8 million subs. It didn't hit 8 million till maybe beginning of WotLK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Found the person who couldn't even be fucked to read the page he posted on.
    Let me guess, you were being sarcastic? You know sarcasm doesn't translate well in text so feel free to at least add a /s or something at the end of it in the future, thank you.

There's plenty proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not understand what the whole point of a classic experience is? why not just level a new character and lock the xp at 60 since you seem to want wow as it is now yet with the classic? your logic is a complete and utter pile of shit, why not just stick to playing legion if you want everything that classic DIDN'T HAVE.

Never heard so much pish in all my life where people want classic wow with features that came out 5 years later, honest to god. And your logic, wtf? first you compare bugs to features now you compare classic wow to pc's from 2004? I really shouldn't be arguing with people that have a certain special need, have fun with this logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling a lot of the posters here want everything there is in retail wow and play it in the vanilla world locked at 60.
    That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    Do you not understand what the whole point of a classic experience is? why not just level a new character and lock the xp at 60 since you seem to want wow as it is now yet with the classic? your logic is a complete and utter pile of shit, why not just stick to playing legion if you want everything that classic DIDN'T HAVE.

Never heard so much pish in all my life where people want classic wow with features that came out 5 years later, honest to god. And your logic, wtf? first you compare bugs to features now you compare classic wow to pc's from 2004? I really shouldn't be arguing with people that have a certain special need, have fun with this logic.
    I've been playing Vanilla for 8 months now in addition to back in the old days, I think I know what I want and retail WoW isn't it.

your logic is a complete and utter pile of shit
    No, yours is. You're so obnoxiously stubborn that you don't want a feature that would improve gameplay while having no drawbacks whatsoever.

And your logic, wtf? first you compare bugs to features now you compare classic wow to pc's from 2004? I really shouldn't be arguing with people that have a certain special need, have fun with this logic.
    I'm showing you how dumb your logic is. Just because something was in 2004 doesn't mean it should be in 2017. Dual Spec would be an improvement, not something that would damage Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    WOTLK had 2 times more people than vanilla. So Vanilla is garbage I guess compared to WOTLK.
    No, it didn't. It had 11.7M at its peak. And yes, WOTLK is far better than Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Less than half more actually (8M for Vanilla, 11,5M for WotLK). Also, WotLK didn't see any increase except for the Cata pre-patch, while Vanilla went from 0 to 8.
    Not that it proves anything, but if you're going to use facts, use the real ones

Quote Originally Posted by Bythedar View Post
    Vanilla had no where near 8 million subs. It didn't hit 8 million till maybe beginning of WotLK
    @Pull My Finger
    @Tarba

Stop with the fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Short Answer: It wasn't part of Vanilla WoW
    Long Answer: It wasn't part of Vanilla WoW and thus shouldn't be added for convenience to people wanting Classic+.
    We're calling it Classic'+' now? rofl

@Pull My Finger
    @Tarba

Stop with the fake news.
    For my part, a mistake is not "fake news". I could have sworn it didn't get past 5 million until TBC, but I am old and my memory is not what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeydia View Post
    Maybe my memory doesen't work or something (I'm 28yo so it should work) But 12 years ago on vanilla, i was playing with my mage, which i loved as Arcane/Fire (typical PoM+Pyro build) but you could play it frost/arcane like everyone, fire/arcane with majority talent points on fire, or even arcane/frost.

As a mage you had tons of choices to make on your talents, so idk if you are the typical one who just follow what the top players do or something but imo you had plennity of choices, away from that idk you but i wasn't able to spend 50g on swap spec each week for example, each time i build swapped was because i didn't wanted to play anymore that build (like when i stoped raiding and started with pvp) but was something to think deeply.
    There were multiple builds you could do, but it's not like the majority of talents were very crucial. Most talents for all classes/trees were generic "increase something by 1%". While some of those talents (like ones that increased your chance to crit, for instance) were actually pretty good because even 1% budgeted much better in Vanilla stats than they do today, they were still boring and quite shallow.

I'm 26 and I played Rogue all through most of Vanilla, I also recently played a Warrior to 60 on a private server. I can say with certainty that the Vanilla trees are pretty damn shallow. They're actually a lot like today's talent tiers, both are equally pretty shallow but the tiers have all of the boring filler stuff cut out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Yet your argument is "I want, I want, gimmie", the argument for them THIS IS FOR THEM!!!! NOT THE GODDAMN WHINY BANDWAGONERS! IF THEY FEEL LIKE THE QoL CHANGES WOULD CHANGE WHAT THEY, THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WANTED IT ALL ALONG, WANT THEN NO!
    But then again that's not my argument isn't it? I said (to quote myself): "would really like to see that feature be implemented. hopes up!"

Tell me where i demanded anything?

Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    And this brings us to the essential problem with QoL changes: Everyone has a different idea of what the "good bits" are... So the safest solution is to keep the game as it was, and not have a bunch of random idiots who don't actually want to play Classic WoW turn it into a disgusting abomination of what it was. This is happening because Vanilla players begged and pleaded... People need to stop trying to ruin the one chance they have at getting a game they have been asking for for years now.

and I say that all as someone who started in Wrath.
    I played vanilla. I would like to play vanilla again just as much as anyone else. Yet i think Dual Spec would be a good idea. This is just as much for them as for anyone else. Sorry but just because some people can't be open about certain things doesn't mean i won't support ideas i think would be a good addition to the game. It's not my intention to Ruin the game for anybody. But as many people pointed out this would not really affect the game. So the only argument the people have is "it was not in vanilla".
    Last edited by Allenschezar; 2017-12-15 at 08:49 PM.

@Pull My Finger
    @Tarba

Stop with the fake news.
    Oops, something's wrong with your graph, apparently the Legion numbers got cut off, lol

You will need to do better, dreamboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Oops, something's wrong with your graph, apparently the Legion numbers got cut off, lol

You will need to do better, dreamboy.
    Ah yes, I'm sure they stopped reporting them because they were so high