Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    The real hidden epidemic in this country is benzodiazipines.
    Doctors are handing these prescriptions out like candy under the assumption these drugs are "safe". It's a joke.
    Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium etc.
    That shit will destroy your brain and nervous system and leave you in protracted withdrawal for years.
    The most dangerous drugs in the world.

I don't think people take those drugs recreationally though?

Maybe valium but valium is a different kind of drug than the rest on your list.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

I know someone who is abusing xanax, they can be used for that.

Valium is not a different kind of drug, they all are benzodiazepines. xD

Key words of OP's article

Marijuana use has bounced up and down a little from year to year, and more years of data are needed to really know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

TBF you can have the benefits and remove the getting high
    No, you can not. THC (what gets you high) has different benefits than CBD (non mind altering). Depending on what medicinal need one has determines if they need a strain high in THC or high in CBD content.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't ban vaping when it's such a successful method of birth control!

:P
    Ily mmoc

10+ Year Old Account

The street market for Xanax is insane. 7 dollars for a white 4 bar, 10 dollars for a yellow 4 bar.
    Valium is cheaper @ 3 to 5 dollars a pill.

I had someone close to me addicted to 8 zanny bars a day. He had to either go to rehab or die. Shits sad man.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Oh, I don't vape anymore. I had to vape for about 9 months to give up tobacco because the wife gave me "the speech".

I started with the 12mg nicotine fluid. After a few months I went down to 9mg, etc etc. Ended up getting just flavor juice, but it started to hurt my teeth, kind of like when you eat a lot of sour candies. So I stopped vaping.
    Good on you, man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Personally I don't care if you partake in the magic puff dragon it's your life (though it does stink)
    Yeah. I had a friend in high school who did weed. His clothes always stank of it. My grandma always made him take off his jacket and leave it outside before he could come into the house.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Hope they crack down on weed harder soon. That shit rots your brain.
    you must hold the world record for cannabis use.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Not in Colorado. Since it has been legalized, teen use is down.

Wanna know why? REGULATION! Shockingly, legit businesses tend to follow the law, and selling to under aged folks carries severe penalties.
    That matches what happened in Europe. There are two places were drugs are legal: Amsterdam and i forget the other one. When they legalized drugs they experienced a small initial uptick- then usage basically plummeted.

I think it is for these reason:

1) The data on how many people were using prior to legalization is not entirely accurate as it is hard to get real numbers on that.

2) there is a portion of users who are basically "counter culture" users. They use because it is "forbidden" and the cool, troublemaker kids do those "forbidden" things.

Guess what- once it is legal, it is no longer "forbidden" or cool- so those users basically drop off.

Once you sell it in a shop, you eliminate the whole mystique surrounding it so it is less attractive to people in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    The real hidden epidemic in this country is benzodiazipines.
    Doctors are handing these prescriptions out like candy under the assumption these drugs are "safe". It's a joke.
    Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium etc.
    That shit will destroy your brain and nervous system and leave you in protracted withdrawal for years.
    The most dangerous drugs in the world.
    Not only that, but I believe the Vegas shooter filled a perscription for a bunch of valium before he killed all those people.

One of the Columbine shooters was on them too.

They tend to make people violent and suicidal- a bad combo.

The difference is that big pharma gives a ton of money to both Dems and Pubs- and they don't really care who dies as long as they get their lobbyist money..... (why do people vote for those degenerates again?)

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As far as I am aware, there are no studies which say smoking pot will "rot your brain".

From what I remember the only study that linked pot to brain cell damage was using monkeys hooked up to masks with a constant feed of smoke.

Essentially starved them of oxygen causing brain cell damage.

- - - Updated - - -

xanax is definitely a recreational drug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Sorry, what were we talking about again?

Seriously though, none of that is an issue at all. I have a mentally stimulating job, so my wits are still about me.
    Apparently it is an issue for people who start smoking excessively in youth. Hampers brain development.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Apparently it is an issue for people who start smoking excessively in youth. Hampers brain development.
    I'd love to see the study and sources of that statement.