Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thoruga View Post
    You actually sum up the problem very niceşy here. YOU agree it breaks the game and you presume to speak for everyone. It's all subjective. Some other person may think transmog should stay, another may say getting mounts at level 20 is ok, somebody else may think dual spec breaks the sould of vanilla. Everybody may have their own vision of perfected vanilla experience, so the safest thing would be to just stick to the original as much as tecnically possible
    Exactly.
    I also have TONS of things I would accept to change. But TONS of other that would destroy the game for me.
    But we can all agree that "pure Vanilla" is legitimate. So let's just fall back on the common ground.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    "Go play retail" and "bu.. but that's not REAL classic", are just two lines parroted in an attempt to shut down any meaningful discussion. It's the same thing as any other line or chant that a group adopts to just shut down any real constructive interactions between differing groups. People who spout those lines can be more or less skipped over, they don't want to have a discussion, they just want you to think exactly like they do.
    There is no meaningful discussion to be had regarding features that were never in Vanilla.
    You've expressed your desire in the past to see accomplishments from Classic to carry over to Live Wow, in forms of transmog and titles. You feel you need incentives to play Classic servers to make your time "worthy."
    For people like you, of course, conveniences would make the journey easier.

So, keep up the good fight for those 'wanna have it all' Wow players. Just don't expect your obviously biased opinions to be well received on a Classic Wow sub forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    How does transmog break the game?
    first of all there is the economic impact. look at the price of low level greens on the AH. this is in large part due to transmog. no longer will joe the mage be able to buy that nice new pair of gloves he likes, because its not 10 silver like it should be. isntead its 5 gold.

also you had a whole new breed of ninja looters to the equation as people roll on loot for transmog purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    There is no meaningful discussion to be had regarding features that were never in Vanilla.
    You've expressed your desire in the past to see accomplishments from Classic to carry over to Live Wow, in forms of transmog and titles. You feel you need incentives to play Classic servers to make your time "worthy."
    For people like you, of course, conveniences would make the journey easier.

So, keep up the good fight for those 'wanna have it all' Wow players. Just don't expect your obviously biased opinions to be well received on a Classic Wow sub forum.
    Nope, try again. I said I wouldn't be opposed to them, in the context of the thread asking for them. Try not to shove words into my mouth and then debate your own words.

Generally, I think Classic should be left alone. As I have said in several threads. But unlike yourself, I am open minded and willing to discuss with other people in order to make the best experience for as many people as possible. Which is the point of entertainment in general. If this causes some minor changes to the game so be it. I played the original, so I'm not dying to go back.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-12-15 at 10:22 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    i agree transmog breaks the game

dual spec doesn't. When it was released, it was welcomed by EVERYONE.
    Transmog doesn't break the game at all, especially as it's appearance only. Same as if they added the barber shop - it's just for necessity tbh.

Dual spec does it more so than any of those.

Why do we want no changes?

Throughout Vanilla (and even into Burning Crusade), this game saw nothing but substantial sub growth. despite the faults and flaws. despite how "hard" (Lol) it was to some people. despite the "balance" issues. the game was bloody great and by the end of burning crusade the game had 11 million subs. then blizzard started catering to those of you who wanted all those nice little quality of life changes. notice how many subs the game gained in wrath (only a net + of 1 million), and the numbers have dipped from there. you have taken the mmo and rpg out of the MMORPG.

A lot of us didn't like those changes.

Things like Dual Spec, Transmog, Removal of class quests, Atunements, and even changing dungeons into the face roll they are today are just things we didn't like. you have a game with all those changes that you have asked for and asked for year after year and been granted.

we wanted the game back the way it was before those changes happened, and have asked for it for a decade now. we finally, after being made fun of and ridiculed the entire way have it. and you guys want to come in and add your "quality of life" changes to it all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Owenm View Post
    Transmog doesn't break the game at all, especially as it's appearance only. Same as if they added the barber shop - it's just for necessity tbh.

Dual spec does it more so than any of those.
    transmog breaks the economy and has loot ninja implications. also it changes what your gear looks like, and believe me, your approach to certain fight changes based on your opponents appearance.

"Go play retail" and "bu.. but that's not REAL classic", are just two lines parroted in an attempt to shut down any meaningful discussion. It's the same thing as any other line or chant that a group adopts to just shut down any real constructive interactions between differing groups. People who spout those lines can be more or less skipped over, they don't want to have a discussion, they just want you to think exactly like they do.
    Oh please... spare me your self-righteous indignation. You are clearly biased against a classic WoW experience, you just shut down my thread a moment ago detailing why I think we should follow nostalrius's model with a sorry excuse that "there are plenty of threads discussing Classic and its implementation." Give me a break. Where do they find these people?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf775 View Post
    Oh please... spare me your self-righteous indignation. You are clearly biased against a classic WoW experience, you just shut down my thread a moment ago detailing why I think we should follow nostalrius's model with a sorry excuse that "there are plenty of threads discussing Classic and its implementation." Give me a break. Where do they find these people?
    I am quite for the classic WoW experience. As an aside, discussing moderation is against forum rules. If you have issues with moderation, please contact a global moderator.
    – C.S. Lewis

Nope, try again. I said I wouldn't be opposed to them, in the context of the thread asking for them. Try not to shove words into my mouth and then debate your own words.
    I shove nothing in your mouth; it's already full of bias as is. Read your previous post.
    With that I wish you a nice evening.

Your thread was probably shut down for the reason detailed in the top sticky on this sub forum

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    blizzard has used the words classic and vanilla interchangeably so your point is moot.
    They have not refered to the Announced "Classic" version as vanilla. If, Prior to the existence they would use Vanilla and Classic interchangeably, THAT is what is moot now.
    As of Now Classic is a version of the game that we have no real idea how it will be presented to us. Aside from LIKELY taking place during vanilla WoW. WTF even is "Vanilla" WOW. Launch day WoW? Or Last patch before TBC WoW?

"Classic" will NOT be the Vanilla experience. It will have B.net functionality. That right there breaks it. I also expect some loot changes to help against ninjas and what not and cut down on support.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    I shove nothing in your mouth; it's already full of bias as is. Read your previous post.
    With that I wish you a nice evening.
    You are actually a perfect example of the point I was making. Not interested in any intellectual discussion, so you just shut it down by claiming bias, "not real vanilla", etc. You have a nice evening as well though!
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account

Generally, I think Classic should be left alone. As I have said in several threads. But unlike yourself, I am open minded and willing to discuss with other people in order to make the best experience for as many people as possible. Which is the point of entertainment in general. If this causes some minor changes to the game so be it. I played the original, so I'm not dying to go back.
    Thats exactly our point. Whats the point in having a Classic discussion forum if people don't want to have any discussion regarding what Classic will be / should look like.

If Blizzard didn't want to entertain thoughts and discussion around that very thing, they wouldn't have opened up a discussion forum for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    They have not refered to the Announced "Classic" version as vanilla. If, Prior to the existence they would use Vanilla and Classic interchangeably, THAT is what is moot now.
    As of Now Classic is a version of the game that we have no real idea how it will be presented to us. Aside from LIKELY taking place during vanilla WoW. WTF even is "Vanilla" WOW. Launch day WoW? Or Last patch before TBC WoW?

"Classic" will NOT be the Vanilla experience. It will have B.net functionality. That right there breaks it.

really. they haven't referred to classic as vanilla? hmmm. what was that joke...

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Now you are just arguing semantics
    Vanilla did not have 2x spec. If you wanted to change spec, you paid gold. I had friends who would change their spec before and after raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are actually a perfect example of the point I was making. Not interested in any intellectual discussion, so you just shut it down by claiming bias, "not real vanilla", etc. You have a nice evening as well though!
    You are 100% spot on. One of the moderators I actually agree with, so good on you!

Quote Originally Posted by rewhaha View Post
    It's pretty annoying that the smallest features means you're a retail scrub. Is there any room for a nuanced view of the issues?

aoe looting won't break the game
    dual spec won't break the game

I MEAN DO YOU EXPECT BLIZZARD TECHS TO START DOING LOOT ERROR TICKETS MANUALLY AGAIN? I GUARANTEE THEY'LL ADD THE 2 HOUR LOOT TRADING WINDOW. JUST SAYIN
    Translation:

If you don't agree with me, you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thats exactly our point. Whats the point in having a Classic discussion forum if people don't want to have any discussion regarding what Classic will be / should look like.

If Blizzard didn't want to entertain thoughts and discussion around that very thing, they wouldn't have opened up a discussion forum for it.
    My thoughts exactly. I do sympathize with the classic WoW supporters who have spent the last decade discussing and arguing for legacy realms. I understand that they worry that outsiders will soil the version of the game they cherish. I'm not saying let us change everything. Classic is classic. But I am saying let us have a real discussion, like Blizzard asked us to. There have already been some good threads on this forum with people from both sides agreeing on certain QoL changes. It's a good thing to me.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

how many times do we have to explain why something shouldn't be in vanilla before we are allowed to be exasperated over seeing the same thing asked for?

How many times between this forum and the wow forums do you think we have seen things like transmog, aoe looting, LFD, Class balance changes, etc, asked for?

Objectivity/neutrality would seem the logical trait, no? Lol