Sort of. I'm not going to be using it once the relevant quests are done with - but I appreciate the +1 to my mount collection.

I have yet to check out any photos of this bear, but apparently it will be able to fly.

I still plan to get the armored WAR bear that flies, too, before the xpac is over. Currently at about 200/300 for the DRK mount.

Unrelated, friendly reminder that Live Letter XL is less than 24 hours away.

really hope they discuss some new content in the live letter. 4.1 didn't seem to add much.

So has anyone tried Scholar at 70? I dropped it for AST in HW after it being my go to shieldspam job in ARR but so far i don't know anyone that levelled it up for SB and everyone i know went WHM and AST. I'm still playing AST and really enjoy it but i'm running out of jobs to level and right now its DRG, MNK and SCH and it made me notice how i dont know a soul who can tell me how it plays at endgame nowadays.

Anyone main Scholar? do Scholar mains even exist anymore?

I've decided to work on getting DRK from 60-70 through Rival Wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So has anyone tried Scholar at 70? I dropped it for AST in HW after it being my go to shieldspam job in ARR but so far i don't know anyone that levelled it up for SB and everyone i know went WHM and AST. I'm still playing AST and really enjoy it but i'm running out of jobs to level and right now its DRG, MNK and SCH and it made me notice how i dont know a soul who can tell me how it plays at endgame nowadays.

Anyone main Scholar? do Scholar mains even exist anymore?
    I still play SCH. It hasn't really changed that much. There's a exocognition or whatever it's called in English as your other cooldown heal. It's a 45s/cd buff that auto heals someone when they're below 50%. Useful for tank busters though it costs 1 charge. Pet is still derp and does all the pet laziness so there's that. Main changes are their dps not the heal really. Numerically DPS is the same as WHM instead of being way higher but also a bit more efficient due to less DoT recasts required.

Well, 4.2 has been confirmed to be arriving in late January!

And yet Eureka has technically been delayed yet again. When they said 4.2 I was hoping for 4.2. Not 4.25.

This Reddit post has the best summary from what I've found thus far. Item stacks going to 999 + glamour system changes + saddlebags...inventory space issues should get damn near eviscerated with that patch.

I just hope it isn't called Glamour Commode when it goes live...here in the US, commode is another name for toilet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    This Reddit post has the best summary from what I've found thus far. Item stacks going to 999 + glamour system changes + saddlebags...inventory space issues should get damn near eviscerated with that patch.

I just hope it isn't called Glamour Commode when it goes live...here in the US, commode is another name for toilet.
    I mean...even in the US, not every place uses commode as another name for toilet. lots of places use it as another name for a dresser/drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I mean...even in the US, not every place uses commode as another name for toilet. lots of places use it as another name for a dresser/drawer.
    Worst case, it just becomes the butt of many crappy jokes...

Kinda like what I just did.

God that stackings going to help when you have all crafters and gatherers at max. Beyond that i'm pretty interesting in revisiting Ayzs La. That place has so much shit still waiting for somebody to fiddle with.

Also tried SCH and its still just no comparison for a shield AST. got AST to 62, unlocked the new aoe heal mine mid dungeon and man did the ease of healing increase for large packs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major update to Perform (separate UI, 3 new instruments with new sounds, measures to address packet delay, etc.)
    Heh I better get that MIDI digital piano then.

aw yii

- - - Updated - - -

man i've started on AST and Earthly Star gives you so much more free time to dps, combine it with Celestial Opposition and you have a lot of 'i dont have to heal' time if you are in Nocturnal Sect. Makes Self Ewer and Lucid dreaming mandatory but it is notacible how much faster bosses die. You need to watch mana more but overall feels better than AST did in HW so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/6CYFYpb.jpg[/img]

aw yii

- - - Updated - - -

man i've started on AST and Earthly Star gives you so much more free time to dps, combine it with Celestial Opposition and you have a lot of 'i dont have to heal' time if you are in Nocturnal Sect. Makes Self Ewer and Lucid dreaming mandatory but it is notacible how much faster bosses die. You need to watch mana more but overall feels better than AST did in HW so far.
    Personally, I've been trying to highlight the fact CO increases your own buffs (Lucid Dreaming included) as well with 10 seconds.
    Whether you are doing an EX Trial, Savage raids or having problems with normal Shinryu, that combo restores a bit more MP which you can spend to do some shenanigans.

Can't remember as of now, but at least before the Sprint changes, you could use CO to increase your own Sprint by 10 seconds. You could get up to 30 seconds of sprinting if you used it in the allotted time (right after you clicked it or a few seconds before disappearing).
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2017-12-17 at 11:02 AM.

Also tried SCH and its still just no comparison for a shield AST. got AST to 62, unlocked the new aoe heal mine mid dungeon and man did the ease of healing increase for large packs.
    I feel like a broken record saying this, but Stormblood nerfed the fun right out of SCH. The removal of Cleric Stance especially feels like it over simplified the Job far too much. It's not that the job isn't functional, it absolutely is, it's more that it took a huge step backwards from where it was at the end of Heavensward right the way back to how it played at level 30 and never really moves beyond that.

Very few of the new skills you gain are seldom useful outside of niche situations and the ones that are tend to be on 2 min+ cooldowns. There's no synergy, and a very clear lack of job identity. Just a disconnected mess of contradictory abilities.

The only real "unique" aspect to healing the SCH has is the faeire, which effectively amounts to a high maintainance Regen spell. I mean, it's cool and all, but I wonder if the SCH would be better off without pinning the jobs identity on it.

Truth be told, I've been trying to level up another job to max level to switch away from the SCH/SMN, but despite having months to do it, I've not been able to either find a job I like nor bring myself to slog my way through the rest of the leveling process. It's part of why I keep letting my sub lapse - The main reason I enjoyed playing in HW is no longer applicable.

14/100 Rival Wings victories. This is going to take a while...

DRK is quite a lot of fun in PvP. I love dragging a healer towards me and then stunning them.

@StrawberryZebra

You'd like AST, I think. From what I've read of your posts the micromanaging of cards would add a layer of depth beyond pure healing.

While it's a popular whipping post in terms of being boring, PotD happens to be pretty fun when you have a fixed group of 3 others with you, all on Discord, going for floor 200. Two of my group members had never been past 100. The limiting factor thus far has been having all 4 of us online at once, but we managed to get through 101-130 last night in just over a hour, so hopefully we can keep this up because I'd love at least one floor 200 clear (and it'll give me refresher on what the mobs do for my solo save).

This is only the second time I've pushed past 100 with a group, though, so the lack of having done this dozens of times is definitely a factor in the "hey, this isn't so bad" feeling. 51-100 is boring as shit because it's so faceroll easy with a full organized group.

Other than that floor 200 push, I'm pretty much in "waiting for 4.2" mode at this point. Shinryu EX groups are an exercise in bashing my face into my keyboard. I suppose I could toss together or join learning groups for savage, if such things still pop up (I haven't checked in a while, personally). Not even terribly concerned with Creation tomestone gear since that'll be uncapped with the patch. I do have a massive pile of mythic hunt logs to use for upgrading that stuff, though, when I do get it (whether that's before or after 4.2). Does anyone recall if the crafted gear was available day 1 of patch 3.2? The 220 crafted gear, that is; I had just started back playing at that time, so I don't recall if it was available as of the patch or a later 3.25 or such patch.

I'm waiting for new stuff in 4.2 for the most part, still doing Hunts and upgrading my Creation gear for BRD, but not caring about gear for other jobs right now, they all got capped and finished their stories so they're pretty well shelved until the next xpac. I'll get the new Tomestone gear for BRD when it comes out and that's it, same with upgrading it. Only when we reach the last tier will I bother getting any other gearsets cos that'll carry into the next xpac.

I'll hop on to do the holiday thing tonight... final night of this massive recording project converting my dad's vinyl records to digital form to give him for Christmas. ONE MORE NIGHT!!!

Then a couple of days of the WAV to MP3 conversion process, but the end is in sight. I will be free to play games again, to watch movies, to watch anime. To do ANYTHING. T-T