Sorry but they must have let the interns come up with designs/ideas for this round of "allied races". Ya know since so much of it is copy and paste.
    Maybe next round some big shot will approve something more radical that isn't copy and paste. I do agree high elves would be cool as long as they dont look like hordes transginger elves. But radical as in Naga/Ogre/Etherels (i know i butchered that spelling lol)
    Nope reskin space goat
    Darker more updated NE model for NF
    Dark skin dwarves for DiD
    More deer stuff on cows for cow 2.0
    .........................................................come to think about it as an easy out as they have took with this "NEW" stuff a high elf would be easy to make. A slight skin tone change, eyes, hair,ears to blood elves and bam high elves. cashtavision copy and paste.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Sorry but they must have let the interns come up with designs/ideas for this round of "allied races". Ya know since so much of it is copy and paste.
    Maybe next round some big shot will approve something more radical that isn't copy and paste. I do agree high elves would be cool as long as they dont look like hordes transginger elves. But radical as in Naga/Ogre/Etherels (i know i butchered that spelling lol)
    Nope reskin space goat
    Darker more updated NE model for NF
    Dark skin dwarves for DiD
    More deer stuff on cows for cow 2.0
    .........................................................come to think about it as an easy out as they have took with this "NEW" stuff a high elf would be easy to make. A slight skin tone change, eyes, hair,ears to blood elves and bam high elves. cashtavision copy and paste.
    Part of the reason they are allied races and not new core races is that they are all heavy modifications of existing models, rather than a brand new creation.

Also High Elves have to look like Blood Elves, they are the same race.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    How many times did we have this argument by now? I actually lost count but you can entertain yourself, like you usually do and keep on your little charade here, fact remains void is frowned upon, something Alleria herself addresses. And I specifically said the void not shadow magic, so it seems you can't read.
    Void is shadow magic. So it seems you have bad memory.

"Light manifests as holy magic, while the Void appears as shadow magic"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Because they are created using shadow magic. Not void one.
    Void is shadow magic......
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Void is shadow magic. So it seems you have bad memory.

"Light manifests as holy magic, while the Void appears as shadow magic"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void

[IMG]thumb/7/72/WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg/250px-WoW_Chronicle_Magic.jpg?version=1be260027166812ddbe46c1ae1c3057a[/IMG]
    Buddy you just don't get it, and at this point I honestly believe you lack the capabilities to get it. Channeling the void as shadow magic exposes you to the whispers for a small amount of time, which can still be risky. Embracing it like the void elves consuming it opens up the door to the other side having constant whispers in your head. And I will leave it at that, if you still don't get it I might actually get a genuine laugh out of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy you just don't get it, and at this point I honestly believe you lack the capabilities to get it. Channeling the void as shadow magic exposes you to the whispers for a small amount of time, which can still be risky. Embracing it like the void elves consuming it opens up the door to the other side having constant whispers in your head. And I will leave it at that, if you still don't get it I might actually get a genuine laugh out of this.
    If I am understanding you correctly, a potential analogy would be the risk of using uranium in your death ray gun versus swallowing that uranium to shoot radioactive lasers out of your eyes?

I didn't say it would be a real analogy...but the first is a tool, the second is transformative.

I don't recall any lore sources that talk about the "intensity of whispers" and how you quantify them to determine the border between different types of void magic users.

The thing we do know is that void elves will be highly adept at using void magic and are attuned to it in a much bigger way than anyone else, but what it means in terms of danger for everyone around them isn't known. How do you quantify someone's border of going mad? You don't.

The best analogy would be warlocks and demon hunters; demon hunters are much more attuned to fel, but it doesn't make them mad psychos. If demon hunters and Illidan are acceptable, why wouldn't void elves be.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-15 at 10:54 PM.

Except you made no such distinction in the original post i repied to. Nor did i argue that it is the same.

Yes Void is unquestionably worse

It is universally distrusted and despised across the globe the only ones who do not shun it are the followers of the old gods, aka the twilights hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    If I am understanding you correctly, a potential analogy would be the risk of using uranium in your death ray gun versus swallowing that uranium to shoot radioactive lasers out of your eyes?

I didn't say it would be a real analogy...but the first is a tool, the second is transformative.
    It all boils down to this

The dose makes the poison

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Void is shadow magic......
    Sword and hammer can both be made out of steel but it doesn't make them same.

Shadow magic is literally void magic. There is no difference in shape or manifestation; it is just that, void/shadow magic. Just how powerful it might be is another question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Shadow magic is literally void magic. There is no difference in shape or manifestation; it is just that, void/shadow magic. Just how powerful it might be is another question.
    The diffrence is that shadow magic never shown even promile of side effects void magic has.

Da hell kind of logic is this? Warcraft chronicles confirms shadow magic is void magic. Anything else is headcanon.

Except you made no such distinction in the original post i repied to. Nor did i argue that it is the same.
    Yes the twilight hammer fully embraces the void, working towards the void consuming everything as little servants of the old gods who in turn are servants of the void lords, man who would have thought.

Compared to the void elves fully embracing the void suppressing the urge to end everything

The diffrence is that shadow magic never shown even promile of side effects void magic has.
    Shadow magic is literally void magic. It is the same thing, but it is the quantity of use that can provide side effects. Using shadow(void) magic to a smaller extent has a smaller chance to provide side effects.

Chronicle says the void lords are composed of PURE SHADOW ENERGY. Void and shadow are the same shit.

"The void lords are monstrous entities composed of pure shadow energy who dwell within the Void"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_lord

10+ Year Old Account
    Da hell kind of logic is this? Warcraft chronicles confirms shadow magic is void magic. Anything else is headcanon.
    You really aren't the sharpest person ain't you.

Let me say it once again slowly.

Shadow. Low toxicity. No side effects.
    Void. High toxicity. Lots of side effects.

You really aren't the sharpest person ain't you.

Let me say it once again slowly.

Shadow. Low toxicity. No side effects.
    Void. High toxicity. Lots of side effects.
    The only part where you're wrong is the way you talk about shadow and void magic as two different entities. They're the same thing. The only thing different from user to user of this kind of magic is the extent to which they use it, but the void is the shadow and the shadow is the void.

Void is just another synonym for shadow.

Yes the twilight hammer fully embraces the void, working towards the void consuming everything as little servants of the old gods who in turn are servants of the void lords, man who would have thought.

Compared to the void elves fully embracing the void suppressing the urge to end everything
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-series-priest

"The Light in which many priests bathe is brilliant and effervescent, granting them immense divine power. But the brightest light casts the darkest shadow—and from within this blackness, a rival power dwells. Shadow priests fully embrace this opposing polarity, their faith equally resolute as their holy counterparts—but focused on shadowy magics and mental manipulation. Like all priests, they dedicate much of their lives to worship—but they derive their power from the Void, straying dangerously close to the domain of the Old Gods. To truly understand such ancient, corruptive influence is to be driven mad. This is the state in which these dark priests thrive, embracing insanity and feeding off of the minds of their opponents to reach terrifying new limits."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The only part where you're wrong is the way you talk about shadow and void magic as two different entities. They're the same thing. The only thing different from user to user of this kind of magic is the extent to which they use it, but the void is the shadow and the shadow is the void.

Void is just another synonym for shadow.
    Shadow magic and void magic are diffrent by the way you channel them. They use the same source, but handle it completely diffrent.

Shadow magic and void magic are diffrent by the way you channel them. They use the same source, but handle it completely diffrent.
    They're literally the same thing. There is no difference in channeling, casting or whatever. Making such claims is headcanoning. We need to wait and see whether Blizzard differentiates things in the future, but right now there is nothing like it.

The void elves simply went fruther than shadow priests in the way they attune with shadow magic.

A shadow priest could literally be called a void priest and it would have the same meaning.