37 33.64%
  • Not sure. On welfare

3 2.73%

Thread: I like taxes

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I like taxes

When I think about it, it`s what makes society function. We pay taxes so the government can provide infrastructure, safety and a decent quality of life for all.

It`s really a shame when some people only want to cut taxes or only moan about how much tax they pay. We all need to do out part and accept that this is the way it is.

How do you feel about taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    taxation is theft
    Legal theft. So is being raped in child support.

Net: $941.42
    Earnings: $1,819.11
    Deductions: $425.09
    -401k: $109.15 + $54.58 Employer Match
    -Child Support: $304.38
    -Vision: $8.77
    -Dental: $2.79
    Tax $452.60
    Last edited by Nymfomania; 2017-12-16 at 12:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    When I think about it, it`s what makes society function. We pay taxes so the government can provide infrastructure, safety and a decent quality of life for all.

It`s really a shame when some people only want to cut taxes or only moan about how much tax they pay. We all need to do out part and accept that this is the way it is.

How do you feel about taxes.
    It's yes and no kind of thing, on the positive side of course taxes are what builds country and provides social security and discounted healthcare to all, but on the other hand there is way too much fraudulent behavior going around starting from both those who successfully evade taxes (and as such making you take the extra unfair burden) and on the other hand you have more than enough people who abuse social security benefits to basically be awarded free money at your expense.

Then of course there are matters like tax money being used to literally buy support of various bullshit parties by showering their voters with unfair benefits in return for their votes in coalition.

In short, taxes are too high because the benefits are being abused and various "statesmanship" expenses.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can not do the poll, as your choices are lacking. Taxes are a necessary part of society. What I do hate is a income tax, which can not be fair when income can easily be hidden. It happens all the time. Drug pushers and such do it a lot. Farmers can do it. Individual factory workers can do it and the list goes on and on. A sales tax is the best method. No matter who you are, you pay the tax upfront when you buy something. No deductions, no hidden income, no tax forms to fill out for the individual tax payer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what tax we're talking about and how it's instituted. There are some taxes I think are perfectly reasonable and are great programs. Then there's a lot of other stuff that's just greed on the part of the state.

Tax is great.

Governments poorly using tax funds for retarded shit is not.

TLDR: Dismantle the authority.

Taxes are a necessary discomfort. They provide more than people consider, and help make our societies function. I think taxes are a bit too low, especially for corporate wealth and top earners, or at the very least they are not being used in the right places.

All my opinion of course.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I like taxes when they go to good things. Education, health care, infrastructure,police and fire department, social security, medicare, defense and social services are all good things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they were used more judiciously, but I’m fine with them in theory. What’s the alternative? Every man for himself? That shit leads to local warlords.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    taxation is theft
    In the same (stupid) sense that "meat is murder" or "paying $5 for a coffee is highway robbery".

In other words, not at all, and everyone sane knows that.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    And i like bait threads.

Looks like it's a win/win.
    Ily mmoc

taxation is theft
    This. Theft at gun point by government. A lot of people are okay with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    In the same (stupid) sense that "meat is murder" or "paying $5 for a coffee is highway robbery".

In other words, not at all, and everyone sane knows that.
    Some things we need. Roads. Military. That's about it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Right, who needs dat edjucashun n' healthcarez. Guess better not get disabled or old either. There's whole lot more shit you need that don't even have idea about because you get it without thinking thanks to taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just roads and "military"? So you don't need anyone to maintain our power infrastructure? What about water? Water reclamation? Natural resource conservation? Research into drugs to cure diseases, vaccinations? None of this is necessary for a large, functioning society with hundreds of millions of people? They can all fend for themselves with no fire services, no police forces, no court systems, nothing? Our kids don't need education!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just roads and "military"? So you don't need anyone to maintain our power infrastructure? What about water? Water reclamation? Natural resource conservation? Research into drugs to cure diseases, vaccinations? None of this is necessary for a large, functioning society with hundreds of millions of people? They can all fend for themselves with no fire services, no police forces, no court systems, nothing? Our kids don't need education!
    Privatized businesses. I bet that made you scared out of your mind with those two words. Like shit can't work right without government intervention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Right, who needs dat edjucashun n' healthcarez. Guess better not get disabled or old either. There's whole lot more shit you need that don't even have idea about because you get it without thinking thanks to taxes.
    Those goes to the states to decide on edjushun's and healthcarez. Why does it always have to be federal government?

I don't understand why people are more mad about taxes than the fact that they aren't getting paid enough to survive by corporations that can comfortably afford to give it to you. Most people are struggling now not because of taxes but because, despite the good economy, corporations are operating in recession mode, employing as few people as possible and paying them as little as possible, even if it means limiting hours to 39 hours a week so they don't have to give benefits or taking on temps instead of permanent workers for that same reason and to make it easier for them to be let go.

The income gap is insane, and the ultra rich aren't putting their billions back into the economy. Nothing changes in their lives after that third billion, after that fourth, that tenth. Meanwhile, even $1,000 more a month would be life-changing for me and most people I know.

i wish i could choose where half of my taxes went to

10+ Year Old Account
    Privatized businesses. I bet that made you scared out of your mind with those two words. Like shit can't work right without government intervention.
    Our ballooning, bloated, disgustingly expensive and terrible healthcare system (in the United States) is a fine example of how privatization really works. No, thank you. I don't want my future children having to choose between tiers of school: the basic package for $999.99 a month where they learn to read and write and the gold package where they get to do it on a laptop!

Shit can't work without regulation to ensure a fair and balanced system, no. Education should be free and open to all. Healthcare should be cheap and abundant to all (which it's not). Social services should be available without profit figuring in.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really wanted that kind of government, there's countries you could move to where you don't have police, or fire departments, or healthcare funding, or any of the other features of developed nations.

So feel free to put your money where your mouth is and seek out somewhere that's truly the kind of place you want to live.

Assuming you actually mean it. Since most of the time I bring this up, there's a litany of reasons why those other places are "shitholes" that aren't places you'd move to, and you won't admit that they are largely in a bad place because of the lack of infrastructure and services spending. In reality, you just want the benefits of a developed nation without contributing your share.