Poll: Did you get squashed by the Antorus elevator boss?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm of the opinion that any and all elevators are fucking stupid and a general annoyance/hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    it is honestly BS because this elevator is inconsistent with so many elevators in WoW where you can jump through the platform.
    Inconsistent elevators make for best elevators.

Some squish you.
    Some are so fast that they make you die from falling if you so much as jump.

And then there is the BWD elevator.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love it. 90% of our raid got smashed and then people were like "bug?" and refused to believe it was the elevator doing it. Then we dared our GM/RL to test it, squished belf monk is pretty. Three weeks in and someone always ends up squashed, including people who want to 'test' things like bubble and cheat death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Let's be honest, who died to this first time they were there?

And for me, it just as hilarious every time I go in and see someone get squashed.
    I have yet to die from the new elevator boss.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I was already aware of this before setting foot in, so I didn't die my first few times with my main and few alts. But today in LFR on an alt, I...got distracted by a phone call, I swear..

7+ Year Old Account
    I did because this game changed the rules :< You don't die by elevators, but now you did to this one!

In lfr, no one seemed to step under, so I put mr. Blingtron there...

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Let's be honest, who died to this first time they were there?

And for me, it just as hilarious every time I go in and see someone get squashed.
    I actually jumped through it like I would a normal elevator and didn't die, but the rest of my raid did lol. I'm not sure how it worked? But I just stopped standing under it after that. I guess I just got super lucky.

Deleted
    First guild run after the raid opening...killing the trash, waiting...waiting....waiting.....release Me and around 70% of the raid died....hahh the laughing on TS... It was fun..however it happened once....and only once

I was lucky my first time. However, the second time there i still didn't know about it so i died then.

All our priests pull people under at the last second. Our raid leader has been killed tons

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Saw someone else die the first time, so I doubt I'll fall for it anytime soon.
    Leap of Faith Says Hello
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Our raid tank likes to pull the mobs under it. I will do the same in LFR. Swapblaster is always fun too.
    I've ran 12 toons through LFR 2 weeks now in a row, and I've yet to see the elevator even become active until the trash is all dead. So good luck with that

15+ Year Old Account
    They also put in a nice little troll during th Argus encounter. The phase 4 transition death costs a repair bill and if you die before the transition, it raises you again before killing you for a 2nd repair bill. I noticed that the other day. Watch your durability during that encounter. Quite a subtle gold sink there

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually Leap of Faith'ed a Warrior from certain death!

Ive never been squished by it and tbh ive notice espeically in LFR nobody does anymore so the secret is certainly well and truly out.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've died to it once. I was forewarned that it crushes you but my roll took just the smallest bit too far :X

That'll learn me.
    Ily mmoc

Best elevator since SSC!!!!!! I've seen way too many, yet not enough, people die

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    I've ran 12 toons through LFR 2 weeks now in a row, and I've yet to see the elevator even become active until the trash is all dead. So good luck with that
    Elevator turns active as soon as the last mob dies. So. People don't move out of the way in time.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    it is honestly BS because this elevator is inconsistent with so many elevators in WoW where you can jump through the platform.

I died the 2nd time I was there because I expected to jump through it, worst thing is that in LFR there are often idiots who are not ressing you and then pull the boss before you can make it back.

It sucks hard.

And then the tank that pulled instead of waiting writes "people that die to the elevator don't deserve loot"
    The LFR version does not kill you. The other versions have collision. Perhaps on the very first day of LFR it was not that way, but as I did it on the second day with some guild mates for the raid quest (we had already cleared the other versions) we tried to kill each other on purpose there and it was not possible.
    If you do not believe me, just try it.