Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the reasons I stopped going to movies years ago. Much rather just stay home and watch it my living room, where I get a perfect seat each time and control the volume and am free to pause it when needed.

I just throw food at the people until they put the phone away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I forget the name of it, but you can. If I recall correctly, it’s very expensive though.
    Or be patient and wait. I guess I am not a instant gratification type. I have no issues at all waiting until a movie is released on blue ray.

No. I'd like to be able to receive texts or calls wherever I am. The vibrate function on phones exists for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    /shrug

I don’t care what people decide to do. Just mentioning that an option is available.
    Same. Which is why I mentioned a option, just like you did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    And there comes the lawsuits when someone shoots up the place and people can’t call 911.
    I was talking about something like a Faraday cage built into the walls of the actual theaters, not the rest of the building or some signal scrambler that has an area of effect. Unless you think nobody in the lobby will hear gunshots, or something.

Deleted
    I don't even like going to a cinema at all and only watch movies in the comfort of my own home.
    Only scum in there that make loud chewing/slurping noises, talk through the movie, check their Facebook on their phone every 2 minutes etc.

Going to the cinema is IMO something people did in the 20th century because limited technology couldnt support a better alternative at home.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why didn't you just report them if they were that annoying
    Because that too, ruins my experience of the movie, and at most they just get a warning and told to put it away. Never seen anyone get kicked out. Now if people got banned from the cinema for life if they get caught with their phone out, it would be a different story and nobody would dare taking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because no one texts me anyway usually?
    If I'm at a theater, it's with people who usually text me, so they're not gonna at that point.

And anyone else I tell them I'm going into a movie. Like I said, no reception anyway. Why waste my time having to turn the phone back on after I'm done if it's going to be silent the whole time anyway
    Because you can't predict whats going to happen.

You've literally just posted the weakest reasons ever to leave a phone switched on.

Every cinema asks at the start to turn it off. Just turn the fucking thing off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Because you can't predict whats going to happen.

You've literally just posted the weakest reasons ever to leave a phone switched on.

Every cinema asks at the start to turn it off. Just turn the fucking thing off.
    There is literally no reason for me to turn it off.

You won't hear the vibration, and you certainly won't hear if it's muted.

And I have never gone to a theater recently that says "turn it off" just "don't use cellphones". And yet again, there is no service in the theater.

I have no idea why you're so fixated on trying to make it sound like its a horrible crime, but this is just a silly argument at this point where you cannot prove your point because you don't even go to the same theater I do.

There is literally no reason for me to turn it off.

You won't hear the vibration, and you certainly won't hear if it's muted.

And I have never gone to a theater recently that says "turn it off" just "don't use cellphones". And yet again, there is no service in the theater.

I have no idea why you're so fixated on trying to make it sound like its a horrible crime, but this is just a silly argument at this point where you cannot prove your point because you don't even go to the same theater I do.
    Well, firstly I seriously doubt your cinema doesn't have some sort of warning to turn your phone off due to copy right / piracy / illegal filming of the movies being showed. Even one of the ones I go to is a single screen cinema from 50 years ago has it. I think it's more likely you just haven't noticed it

Regardless you might be right, you might never had or will ever have a blip which results in your phone making a noise in the cinema. But that doesn't apply to everyone there are thousands of people out there who have the mental attitude of "It'll never go off" because its 'me'. So frankly, turn your phone off, it applies to everyone, it doesn't matter how careful you are.

Well, firstly I seriously doubt your cinema doesn't have some sort of warning to turn your phone off due to copy right / piracy / illegal filming of the movies being showed. Even one of the ones I go to is a single screen cinema from 50 years ago has it. I think it's more likely you just haven't noticed it

Regardless you might be right, you might never had or will ever have a blip which results in your phone making a noise in the cinema. But that doesn't apply to everyone there are thousands of people out there who have the mental attitude of "It'll never go off" because its 'me'. So frankly, turn your phone off, it applies to everyone, it doesn't matter how careful you are.
    It doesn't, it has a "Don't record" and a "respect others, don't take your phone out".

And I'm not going to bother turning my phone off, like I said. This is a completely pointless debate, because I put my phone on silent or vibrate every time, so even ON the off chance I happen to get a connection (Which never happens), it won't disturb anything. You're on a high horse about something that doesn't even matter. There is no difference between silencing your phone and turning it off.

It doesn't, it has a "Don't record" and a "respect others, don't take your phone out".

And I'm not going to bother turning my phone off, like I said. This is a completely pointless debate, because I put my phone on silent or vibrate every time, so even ON the off chance I happen to get a connection (Which never happens), it won't disturb anything. You're on a high horse about something that doesn't even matter. There is no difference between silencing your phone and turning it off.

Well, like you said its not a debate you say it doesn't matter I say it does, you're wrong, I'm right and I can only hope one day you get caught, thrown out and banned, because you will slip up at some point, even if its not your own fault (well bar for the fact having it on in the first place)

Well, like you said its not a debate you say it doesn't matter I say it does, you're wrong, I'm right and I can only hope one day you get caught, thrown out and banned, because you will slip up at some point, even if its not your own fault (well bar for the fact having it on in the first place)
    Years of going to the theater almost every month?

Yeah, no, not gonna "slip up"

The only thing which should be running during a movie is your video camera so you can post it online.

Reported for trolling.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm there to watch a movie - not your phone screen glaring from several rows ahead while you check facebook to tell people how you're watching the movie (but not really because you wouldn't have your phone out otherwise)

Check it before the movie starts, put it on silent and then just disconnect from the world for two measly hours. If you can't go that long without checking your phone you have some issues.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Reported for trolling.
    Well, you call it trolling, I call it fact.

And seeing as I posted that to the mod and still here infraction free; Good luck with the report.

They were probably the same people that nearly caused 15 accidents as they drove to the movies while talking/texting/watching nexflix on their cell phones. and they are the same ones that will call for your murder if you were the one on your phone. That is the price of Freedom. i just pray that they choke to death on their popcorn

- - - Updated - - -

Years of going to the theater almost every month?

Yeah, no, not gonna "slip up"
    maybe you will "slip down"? down the aisle of the theater to the bottom of the stairs where your neck breaks? at least we'll all have it to watch on video,,,thanks to you

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-12-17 at 09:08 PM.

Well, you call it trolling, I call it fact.

And seeing as I posted that to the mod and still here infraction free; Good luck with the report.
    Don't worry, you'll slip up eventually.