Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Everyone's acting like the guy is the only one contributing. Who do you think will do the lion's share of the child rearing? The mother doesn't just give birth and wash her hands of responsibility.
    How does that factor into the debate?

Men contribute after birth too. And men can also do the lion's share of the childrearing. How people decide to split work after birth is largely irrelevant - a woman knows the costs of pregnancy and childrearing depending on her situation before the child is born.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People are legally allowed to lie to others, that's why you get a signed contract... it's legally binding.
    A contract saying she'll abort means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plenty of women carry a child to term if they do not want it.

My buddy paid child support when he first got divorced, then his ex wife paid child support when he gained full custody.

If you want to argue that last part, then you are arguing that people should not be held responsible for the consequences of their actions. Good luck with that one, as well.
    Sorry, never heard of it happening, but no, I'm making exactly the opposite argument - that people SHOULD be held responsible for the consequences of their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    When did she rape him and what did she steal?
    When she lied about contraception and when she tried to use the product of such to take his money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    No, because it was nonsensical, sorry. Men are required to give money for the raising of their child. Also, what, you thought raising the kid has no cost for the woman?

My father when he for couple years paid child support for my youngest sister, paid something like 200 a month. If you think raising a child only costs 200 a month, then you're in for a shock. So, in other words, the mans part didn't really cover crap.
    How two adults split labor after the child is born is irrelevant to the question of who has responsibility for raising of the child.

$200 a month is quite a bit for your information. At least, for many people, it is. I would start going into debt if I had to pay an extra $200 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    A contract saying she'll abort means nothing.
    If you can get a dumbass chick to sign it before intercourse, I would support your efforts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Sorry, never heard of it happening, but no, I'm making exactly the opposite argument - that people SHOULD be held responsible for the consequences of their actions.
    Sorry, you are not making that argument. Both genders are being held responsible for their actions. Women can pay child support. It's based on the custody of the child.

- - - Updated - - -

When she lied about contraception and when she tried to use the product of such to take his money.
    "He lied to me and said he's love me forever."

Same. Fucking. Thing.

Get a contract.

If you can get a dumbass chick to sign it before intercourse, I would support your efforts.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, you are not making that argument. Both genders are being held responsible for their actions. Women can pay child support. It's based on the custody of the child.

- - - Updated - - -

"He lied to me and said he's love me forever."

Same. Fucking. Thing.

Get a contract.
    Those contracts will get thrown out of court, don't be silly. They have no value.

Once again, when did she rape him, and what did she steal?

- - - Updated - - -

Those contracts will get thrown out of court, don't be silly. They have no value.
    Then that should be the issue you are fighting for... not incessant whining about women.

How two adults split labor after the child is born is irrelevant to the question of who has responsibility for raising of the child.

$200 a month is quite a bit for your information. At least, for many people, it is. I would start going into debt if I had to pay an extra $200 a month.
    Be my guest and see how far 200 a month would take you, if you had to pay ~230k for raising a child. It comes up to 20%. Do you figure 20% is extremely unfair contribution from men, who infact were 50% responsible for the kid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    The. Moment. The fetus is formed. Is a living being. Don't be dumb.

Born doesnt mean you have to get out of mother's womb. You are technically born the moment sperm gets into the egg.

Abortion should be outlawed. Don't want to get pregnant? Don't have sex. That simple.
    I didn't say it was unliving. Obviously it's living, but that doesn't matter much. Unless your heart is breaking over the microbes you genocide on a daily basis.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, they do have bodily autonomy, just like men.

If a man does not want to provide financial support for any possible offspring, he should have her sign a contract before intercourse, just to be safe. People are responsible for the consequences of their own actions.
    yet the woman has sole veto power in this situation for what would be a mistake of both parties, and the man bears sole responsibility. is that not odd?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying women can pay child support so they have equal rights is like saying gays can marry women, so everyone has equal rights. You have a lot of logical inconsistencies in your worldview.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    yet the woman has sole veto power in this situation for what would be a mistake of both parties, and the man bears sole responsibility. is that not odd?
    Then the only argument you should be making, is that abortion should be illegal. If you want to make that argument fine. However, you will be arguing against bodily autonomy and privacy if you do.

Men do not bear sole responsibility, that is an outright falsehood. I would love to see you provide a shred of evidence to support such a bullshit claim.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-12-16 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Feel free to provide evidence for that part. Never heard of such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Saying women can pay child support so they have equal rights is like saying gays can marry women, so everyone has equal rights. You have a lot of logical inconsistencies in your worldview.
    It's not inconsistent at all. The person who does not have custody of the child is the one who pays child support. If the man has custody, then the woman is obligated to pay child support (unless another agreement is made). Yes, that's how it works.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...child-support/

https://www.thespruce.com/us-child-s...istics-2997994
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-12-16 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Guys, really just get the snip, freeze some sperm for future use...
    Uh no.Fuck that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Be my guest and see how far 200 a month would take you, if you had to pay ~230k for raising a child. It comes up to 20%. Do you figure 20% is extremely unfair contribution from men, who infact were 50% responsible for the kid?
    50% responsible? No no no, men should not have 50% responsibility for the kid if they have no say in whether or not it's carried to term (which they shouldn't). The contribution of sperm is practically negligible, which is the idea that gives women ultimate power over the fetus. If you want to say that men are 50% responsible for a pregnancy, then they deserve 50% rights as well.

50% responsible? No no no, men should not have 50% responsibility for the kid if they have no say in whether or not it's carried to term (which they shouldn't). The contribution of sperm is practically negligible, which is the idea that gives women ultimate power over the fetus. If you want to say that men are 50% responsible for a pregnancy, then they deserve 50% rights as well.
    The contribution of sperm is literally one half of the equation in creating a child. Of course, you didn't believe that women paid child support... so... maybe you shouldn't hang around men's rights sites to get your information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then the only argument you should be making, is that abortion should be illegal. If you want to make that argument fine. However, you will be arguing against bodily autonomy and privacy if you do.

Men do not bear sole responsibility, that is an outright falsehood. I would love to see you provide a shred of evidence to support such a bullshit claim.
    THIS ISN'T ABOUT AUTONOMY.

No one is arguing that people should force women to get abortions. That's not what's going on here. The issue is that men bear more responsibility than they have rights. As in, the woman can make unilateral decisions about the fate of the fetus, yet the man is expected to pay up regardless of whether or not he agrees with her decision.