Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Telling a private company what they can and can't do is a regulation. The food industry has them cause it can kill you, the internet cannot! Ever heard of FREE MARKETS and Captitalism! Its actually a beutiful thing and promotes competition!
    Those government regulations are the reason that those companies have monopolies and zero competition. Net neutrality has nothing to do with competition you have no clue what net neutrality is about.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Then why do they want NN gone? Or are you here just to spam nonsense you are ignorant about? If you think both situations are comparable, you do not understand either issue.
    Okay, riddle me this . . . . If a ISP provider blocks said website, then how come I can run a proxy and then go to said website? I thought they had full control?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Those government regulations are the reason that those companies have monopolies and zero competition. Net neutrality has nothing to do with competition it doesn't break up these monopolies you have no clue what net neutrality is about.
    Net neutrality is a regulation. Read the fucking LAW. Telling a private company that they can't throttle specific data or information over another is REGULATION. Damn do you even read!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, riddle me this . . . . If a ISP provider blocks said website, then how come I can run a proxy and then go to said website? I thought they had full control?
    What happens if more than just a few people use proxies which causes them to lose money? What happens when those become illegal? They already lobbied to prevent competition in their regions.

- - - Updated - - -

Net neutrality is a regulation. Read the fucking LAW. Telling a private company that they can't throttle specific data or information over another is REGULATION. Damn do you even read!
    So they are the same situation only because they are regulations? Please, stop spamming on topics you are ignorant of.

Net neutrality is a regulation. Read the fucking LAW. Telling a private company that they can't throttle specific data or information over anther is REGULATION. Damn do you even read!
    It's regulation to keep monopolies from screwing you, the same private companies whose have monopolies because of other regulations. THERE IS NO FREE MARKET WHEN IT COMES TO ISPS.

THERE IS NO FREE MARKET WHEN IT COMES TO ISPS.
    Google Fiber, Verizion, Comcast, Spectrum/Time Warner, WoW, etc.

Damn, I cannot talk to you anymore. Everything I mentioned is a private company.

10+ Year Old Account

Damn, I cannot talk to you anymore. Everything I mentioned is a private company.
    So you do not understand the issue as I have said. So stop spamming.

Most places have 1 or 2 ISPS those are facts, ISPS collude so they do not compete, you are really clueless, just stop this is downright embarassing.

What happens if more than just a few people use proxies which causes them to lose money? What happens when those become illegal? They already lobbied to prevent competition in their regions.

- - - Updated - - -

So they are the same situation only because they are regulations? Please, stop spamming on topics you are ignorant of.

Seriously, you have 40k posts and call people ignorant. Logical fallacy much?

Again, youtube blocks content and channels, do you have a problem with that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, you have 40k posts and call people ignorant. Logical fallacy much?

Again, youtube blocks content and channels, do you have a problem with that?
    And what does my post count have to do with it? Just means I know exactly what you are.

It's regulation to keep monopolies from screwing you, the same private companies whose have monopolies because of other regulations. THERE IS NO FREE MARKET WHEN IT COMES TO ISPS.
    Sure there are, internet isn't a monopoly at all and is free market. Google, Verizon, Comcast, Centurylink, TimeWarner, Mediacom, etc....are all separate companies. A monopoly means one entity owns the entire market, if there are 2 companies you can't have a monopoly period.

What happens in some cities, is the corrupt politicians that people keep voting in for their "benefit" stifle competition. Centurylink will pay a fee to said mayors campaign to prevent him from allowing another company come in and put internet in the city. That's why Google Fiber ended up failing in the long run. If you got rid of this corruption and allowed the market to have free reign, you wouldn't see these issues.

And what does my post count have to do with it? Just means I know exactly what you are.
    Yeah someone who actually has a life instead of being on this forums day and night like you calling people names because they disagree with you. Serlously, what is your WOW arena rating?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah someone who actually has a life instead of being on this forums day and night like you calling people names because they disagree with you. Serlously, what is your WOW arena rating?
    Yeah.... pretty much know exactly what you are.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Sure there are, internet isn't a monopoly at all and is free market. Google, Verizon, Comcast, Centurylink, TimeWarner, Mediacom, etc....are all separate companies. A monopoly means one entity owns the entire market, if there are 2 companies you can't have a monopoly period.

What happens in some cities, is the corrupt politicians that people keep voting in for their "benefit" stifle competition. Centurylink will pay a fee to said mayors campaign to prevent him from allowing another company come in and put internet in the city. That's why Google Fiber ended up failing in the long run. If you got rid of this corruption and allowed the market to have free reign, you wouldn't see these issues.
    Your statements contradict each other, the regulations at the state and federal level is what protects those ISPs therefore there is no free market. I know the correct term is oligopolies if you are more comfortable with that my point is there is ZERO COMPETITION.

Yeah.... pretty much know exactly what you are.
    Yeah, someone who just took you to school. AGAIN, do you have a problem with YOUTUBE blocking or restricting content for specific groups or channels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, someone who just took you to school. AGAIN, do you have a problem with YOUTUBE blocking or restricting content for specific groups or channels?
    I don't think you are allowed to be near a school.

Why does Youtube matter in this? Once again you are simply spamming ignorance.

Your statements contradict each other, the regulations at the state and federal level is what protects those ISPs therefore there is no free market. I know the correct term is oligopolies if you are more comfortable with that my point is there is ZERO COMPETITION.
    The United States of America is a Free Market capitalist society. In my area alone I can pick from 6 different ISP's. So again, you're WRONG, very WRONG. That is competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    The United States of America is a Free Market capitalist society. In my area alone I can pick from 6 different ISP's. So again, you're WRONG, very WRONG. That is competition.
    So you continue to spam ignorance of the subject?

I am going to just ignore you now since it's obvious you are either trolling or just a moron.

I don't think you are allowed to be near a school.

Why does Youtube matter in this? Once again you are simply spamming ignorance.
    ARE YOU READY FOR THE SHOCKER . . . . GOOGLE IS A ISP. Ever heard of Google Fiber. Shit they even own Youtube. Again, do you have a problem with them censoring content on their own pipelines? They have been banning and blocking conservative stuff for years. Does that bother you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, look! Anecdotal evidence wins again! /s

In my area, we have exactly 2. And I live in fucking PORTLAND. Well, actually Hillsboro near Intel, but still. You get Comcast for 'real' internet, or you get Frontier for what is essentially modern-day dial-up. That's it. Period. Two. Deuce. I know further out you can get CenturyLink, but that's just as bad as Frontier. If I want ANYTHING over 5Mbps, I have to get Comcast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.