Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

"free speech" alt right President donald trump creates banned word list for cdc

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...215-story.html
    . The forbidden words are: "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

Someone please tell me when dave rubin, sargon of akkad, amazing atheist all make a video talking about how free speech and intellectual freedom in government are important like they do about campuses.

"crickets"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    . The forbidden words are: "vulnerable," "entitlement," "diversity," "transgender," "fetus," "evidence-based" and "science-based."

Someone please tell me when dave rubin, sargon of akkad, amazing atheist all make a video talking about how free speech and intellectual freedom in government are important like they do about campuses.

"crickets"
    Will they?

Press X to doubt.

Deleted
    "evidence-based" and "science-based."
    This totally makes sense for Trump

10+ Year Old Account

"crickets"
    Time to break out the thesaurus, CDC.

"Defenseless"
    "privilege"
    "diverseness"
    "Gender Dysphoria/non-binary/etc"
    "Zygote/embryo"
    "fact-based"

Or just say "fuck that" and use them anyway, and take it to fucking court if he presses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Time to break out the thesaurus, CDC.

"Defenseless"
    "privilege"
    "diverseness"
    "Gender Dysphoria/non-binary/etc"
    "Zygote/embryo"
    "fact-based"

Or just say "fuck that" and use them anyway, and take it to fucking court if he presses it.
    "Evidence-based" really pisses me off, that word is very clearly defined by researchers.

Good to see you, Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Trump is disgusting and I can't wait until his regime is over.
    You’ll be waiting a while. The country has seen the light on liberal bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account

"crickets"
    Where are local STEM lords to complain about politicians getting in the way of science?

Oh wait it WWE RAW is on tonight, so they might be on break from the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    I'm sorry that you're OK with living in a country where we censor words that government officials are allowed to use. This isn't the first incidence of censorship.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Weren't they doing this in Florida and one of the Carolinas where you couldn't mention climate change?

Also, "trans woman" and "trans man." Solved.

typical fascist in the white house no doubt about that, cant wait until we ship him and his criminals of to jail for life. the democracy is under assault from these fascists and we have a constitutional crisis at hand right now since we have a president that clearly thinks the 1st amendment doesnt apply to the USA

Yes, facts are such bullshit that we need to ban them. Grow up bud. Get off reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Weren't they doing this in Florida and one of the Carolinas where you couldn't mention climate change?

Also, "trans woman" and "trans man." Solved.
    Yep Climate change is officially an illegal term in the state of Florida due to our stupid governor

10+ Year Old Account
    Big words bad! Trump good! Words hurt Trump feelings! Must ban science words! Small words good!

but this is why thesauruses were made, and since Trump is likely to think that is a dinosaur... they;re safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Yes, facts are such bullshit that we need to ban them. Grow up bud. Get off reddit.
    They will always call facts liberal bullshit and call me a libtard etc i take that as a complement it means i couldnt get brainwashed with the lies they spread.

I'm confused...How is science based or evidence based "liberal bullshit"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's the liberal bullshit that's the problem, not the subject matter in the OP . Denialism is such an interesting trait.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Why does it always end up turning into liberal vs conservative bullshit arguments?

Why can't it be an honest discussion about the actual stances and differences in factual information rather than this emotional bullshit where anyone who has a different opnion than you and talks about it is "triggered" and must be spouting "liberal bullshit" or "conservative nonsense."

This is why we can't have nice things.

That said, Trump is an idiot if he wants to try and literally ban words from being used, especially ones that have actual widely accepted definitions.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But those guys do make Videos about that shit? Especially Dave Rubin who in multiple of his Videos with people has said many times that he is against anyone censoring word or doing that type of shit.

Then again, People blindly follow this type of shit. You really think the Democratic Safe Space brigade wouldn't also be trying to censor Words? I mean they've already been doing it for the last 5 years.

I'm for any words being usable at anytime. But lets not pretend its only "da big bad Drumpf" that would actually Censor/ban things. Regardless of who is doing it, it is retarded.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I'm confused...How is science based or evidence based "liberal bullshit"?
    Because all these sorts care about are liberal tears and whining online about PC culture. Real world need not apply, be it science or policy.