Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So casual people who only do LFR don't run all of lfr the instant the raid releases and go "I'm done, beat the game" *unsub*
    No, now they wait two months to resub, run the entire raid, then unsub... much more efficient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Imagine it like this:

You are not cutting edge guild, but a regular guild for [insert difficulty]. This is your difficulty where you will spent several weeks or maybe months to finally beat it.

LFR with it's staggered release basically simulates this. I think they even said somewhere a few years ago that no normal guild goes in and kills every boss in one week on their respective difficulty, cutting edge World First guilds excluded.
    What? Do you have a source on this? If a guild takes 2 months to clear normal there's something wrong.

Reduction of lag

Hello,

This post is dedicated for those who suffer from lag and high ping, NoPing is software that greatly optimizes your gameplay.

With unique technology, NoPing Tunnel traces the best route to the server of your favorite online game.

Gaining up to 50% improvement depending on your internet!

Test for 3 days for free, if you register at the link below:

nopi.ng/forum

Watch the video below with and without NoPing!

Because there's a bigger chance of them getting 2 month subscription out of people instead of the one. Gear doesn't matter anymore, haven't for years, so people mostly play to see the content or to farm vanity items like mounts or transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    Has it ever been explained as to why they roll out LFR so slowly? The Mythic version of the raid has already been cleared yet we still only have 1 wing of LFR? I mean I sort justified it to myself before, thinking, well rolling it out over a couple of weeks sort of time gates it for super casual players. But if they are super casual, were they really going to burn themselves out on LFR? It just seems weird that the easiest difficulty is the one they decided to Time Gate for some reason. Thoughts?
    Because LFR isn't meant to be competing with the others. It isn't meant to be a priority run but to be the tour after, the entry level raid.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's not weird at all. It's an incentive to go get into a normal group right away.
    Well IF i would be a new and aspiring player, who would like to raid i would love to be able to run "easy mode" before stepping into "normal raiding". Just to see shit and experience mechanics, even if they are not punishing or can be ignored. Just to familiarize myself with what that all big fuss raiding is about.

But whatever, blizzard do this from pure greed, like each mechanic they implement into wow now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaku View Post
    Then Tier shouldnt be a part of LFR
    They tried that for WoD, changed it back with Legion, and for good reasons.

Regardless of what the edgelord crowd likes to pretend, the vast majority of players never pursued raiding before LFR, and the vast majority wouldn't pursue it if LFR was gone. Having it treat that majority of players as second class citizens when they're the ones propping up this game, is just retarded.

People pursuing proper raiding have their better gear, unique rewards, they get to see the fights at their best etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    What? Do you have a source on this? If a guild takes 2 months to clear normal there's something wrong.
    There are guilds that couldn't progress past Trilliax normal in Nighthold and imploded from drama.

The "wrong" is that not all players are capable.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're lucky I'm not dictator of WoW because that'd be the first thing I'd do is delete that mode. It creates this atmosphere of entitlement in the community and nothing is more toxic to an MMO's community. WotLK was WoWs most popular expansion and I never heard ANYONE cry about raiding being to hard or the barrier too high for entry. You're lucky you even get LFR. Quit whining.

It's not weird at all. It's an incentive to go get into a normal group right away.
    it's weird that they have to put so much incentive on the normal+ beyond the loot, transmogs, pets, mats... now it's also gated on top of everything? It's like why bother with lfr at all except that it IS more shots at a boss' loot table for somethings you might be after.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Gear should absolutely not be the same in LFR as it is in regular raiding. The WoD model was perfect imo if they wanted to keep LFR in the game. Take out tier and trinkets, and in BfA, take out the "mystic" gear from LFR or whatever it is called.
    Nah fuck that. Leave trinkets and tier in LFR and make Heroic and LFR share a lockout. That way good players aren't complaining about feeling like they have to run LFR and shit (geared) players can still get a leg up.

I have yet to see a logical argument to removing tier and other gear from LFR beyond "I just don't like them having the same gear i have, even if it is at much lower ilvl". In other words special snowflake syndrome. And this is coming from someone who hasn't set foot in LFR once this expac.
    Ily mmoc

It's all about money. Blizzard knows that LFR scrubs won't bother with Normal+, so they can delay it as long as they want and get money off subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaeum View Post
    The real question is - Why do people keep asking this question, and keep posting pointless threads about it?
    What else would Jaylock do if he didnt have these pointless threads to whine about his elitist snowflakisms in? Go outside?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    No, now they wait two months to resub, run the entire raid, then unsub... much more efficient.
    Some, sure. But I'm sure there's some who don't, and that's all the justification Blizzard needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Gear should absolutely not be the same in LFR as it is in regular raiding. The WoD model was perfect imo if they wanted to keep LFR in the game. Take out tier and trinkets, and in BfA, take out the "mystic" gear from LFR or whatever it is called.
    They tried that in WoD, it was not taken well, at all, by the casual playerbase that only raids through LFR. It's one of the MANY reasons why the expansion hemoraged subs.

You incentivize people to run higher level raids by offering unique rewards to them, like the Pantheon Trinkets and the Legendary off of Argus, not by removing things and replacing them with uninteresting and often times terrible gear.

I mean, if you want Raids to die, and only get two tiers per expansion again like in WoD, sure, go that way...but I really don't think you want that, now do you?

Because for some reason the mode with the most people interested in the story over raiding needs to be open months later than the versions people who don't care about the story in the same proportions so they can see the story first.

For some reason.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    To make you sub for more months.

Stagger the content, harvest the /played.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    it's weird that they have to put so much incentive on the normal+ beyond the loot, transmogs, pets, mats... now it's also gated on top of everything? It's like why bother with lfr at all except that it IS more shots at a boss' loot table for somethings you might be after.
    Well people dont like dramas associated with organized content on top of guild dramas. Some also dont have need to find super friends in game and are happy with those they already have.

Playing on a schedule is tiresome for others. Especially when if you dont show up you get benched. Or like me, who disliked mythic + system on the start of the expansion and was benched because could not keep up with spiking ilvl it bring.

Most long running guild have cliches estabilished and "new guy" is rarely even noticed. They are not invited for mythic runs, not because people dont want them but because they are just not the guy you done mythic already, Like your pals from 2 expansions ago, doing heroics then. And this is if you ever notice the "new guy".

And then there is LFR where you need to push a button and presto. You'r in. Nice and clean, whenever you want, you can leave whenever you want for any reason you want. You can go with smashing 950 ilvl and carry Ursoc fight for newbs.

See what would make people to try normal and higher raid difficulties, those people blizzard and jerks try to convince to try "real raiding" is giving it the LFR treatment. Just push of a button and you are in the q.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    They tried that in WoD, it was not taken well, at all, by the casual playerbase that only raids through LFR. It's one of the MANY reasons why the expansion hemoraged subs.

You incentivize people to run higher level raids by offering unique rewards to them, like the Pantheon Trinkets and the Legendary off of Argus, not by removing things and replacing them with uninteresting and often times terrible gear.

I mean, if you want Raids to die, and only get two tiers per expansion again like in WoD, sure, go that way...but I really don't think you want that, now do you?
    May i be honest? I dont give a fuck about trinkets from Antorus. For what i would use those? Open world? Pet battles? Gear at the end of the expansion is kinda pointless. You get better green and blues next expansion and there is no more challenge in this exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    So casual people who only do LFR don't run all of lfr the instant the raid releases and go "I'm done, beat the game" *unsub*
    Can confirm, I did that for two expansions. I only broke out of that habit with Legion actually having some lore quests that required me do more challenging difficulties, mostly in the nightborne questline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    no its not its blizzard stupid way to STRETCH content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Because as much as mmo-champ wants to deny it, casuals are keeping this game afloat, if LFR is fully released on day 1 they will clear it and then leave
    and another bullshit argument if that where the case casuals would just do normal on day one. clear it and unsub till next content release.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because when they used to release it at the same time Pseudo-Elitists complained they were forced to do it for Normals.
    So they spaced it apart so that any guild with semi-competent people could have a chance to down the Normal Boss before the LFR version dropped.

Basically as with 90% of the retarded changes we get when it comes to raiding. Blame Pseudo-elitist complaining trash.